Windows 10: Language Preference Issue

Discus and support Language Preference Issue in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello Everyone I have a computer Win10 that has English(United Kingdom) and Greek language installed, also I have a server(win Server 16) that has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Nikolaos78, May 13, 2019.

1. Language Preference Issue

Hello Everyone

I have a computer Win10 that has English(United Kingdom) and Greek language installed, also I have a server(win Server 16) that has English(United States) and Greek installed, when I do a remote desktop from the computer to the server, at the remote desktop session a third language preference comes up that says Greek(with United Kingdom Keyboard), this preference is nowhere installed either to server or computer. Anyone knows what this is and how I can remove it.

Thank you

:)

Nikolaos78, May 13, 2019

2. languages preferred

Hello,

Assuming you want to use English (United States) as your preferred language, try these steps

1. Right click Start Button or press Windows + X keys and select Windows PowerShell (Admin).

2. In the administrative Windows PowerShell window, type these commands one-by-one and press Enter key after each:

Get-WinUserLanguageList

This will display list of installed languages on your machine. Note the LanguageTag for your preferred language.

$1=New-WinUserLanguageList <LanguageTag>

Replace <LanguageTag> for your preferred language. For example, if your preferred language is English (United States), then you can use $1=New-WinUserLanguageList en-US.

Set-WinUserLanguageList $1

After this, when opted, type Y to confirm setting preferred language. Close Windows PowerShell and you're done.

Hope this helps!

Kapil Arya [Directly], May 13, 2019
  3. Amit_Sun Win User
    Having trouble with language preferences

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We can try few of the troubleshooting steps below to further eliminate the root cause of the issue.

Method 1:

1. Navigate the Settings > Time & Language > Region & language.
    2. Under the Preferred language, if
      Bulgarian is set as first in the list, click on the down arrow key
      and make the language as second in the list.

back up the registry first.

Disclaimer: The registry is a database in Windows that contains important information about system hardware, installed programs and settings, and profiles of each of the user accounts
      on the computer. Windows often reads and updates the information in the registry.

Normally, software programs make registry changes automatically. You should not make unnecessary changes to the registry. Changing registry files incorrectly can cause Windows to stop working or make Windows report the wrong information.

If you still face the issue, reply to this post with more information.

Hope it helps.

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, May 13, 2019
  4. Rohit_R Win User

Language Preference Issue

Windows 10 how to hide or disable language preference in Touch Keyboard

Hi Arjun,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

You can try the following steps and check if that fixes the issue:

1. Go to Settings>Time & Language>Region & language
    2. Click on Advanced keyboard settings.
    3. Select the language as preferred.
    4. Check ‘Use the desktop language bar when it’s available’ option.
    5. Uncheck option ‘Don’t close the panel automatically after an emoji has been entered’.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Rohit Raina

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Rohit_R, May 13, 2019
Thema:

Language Preference Issue

1. Language Preference Issue - Similar Threads - Language Preference Issue

2. Language Preference

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Language Preference: Hi!Problem looks like little, but at least its painful. I have only two languages in settings. but i have 4 languages in use: 3 language from bottom are changeable By Shift + Alt.2 language from top, are changeable by Shift + Ctrl, this made a new problem, now Ctrl + Shift +...
  3. Language Preference

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Language Preference: Hi!Problem looks like little, but at least its painful. I have only two languages in settings. but i have 4 languages in use: 3 language from bottom are changeable By Shift + Alt.2 language from top, are changeable by Shift + Ctrl, this made a new problem, now Ctrl + Shift +...
  4. Issue with Preferred languages

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with Preferred languages: Every other startup i have to restart windows because it have 5 languages US, BGTB, BG, US, ENG instead only 2 US and BG after restart it fixes itself. It`s annoying. How to fix it? Is it A bug...
  5. Issue with Preferred languages

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with Preferred languages: Every other startup i have to restart windows because it have 5 languages US, BGTB, BG, US, ENG instead only 2 US and BG after restart it fixes itself. It`s annoying. How to fix it? Is it A bug...
  6. language preference

in Windows 10 Customization
    language preference: How do i change it so i can only switch between NOB and ENG? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/language-preference/f03cfc54-a832-4641-80cf-759b9aefaad7
  7. Preferred language infinite loop issue

Preferred language infinite loop issue: Hello, I have been trying to install and use a Japanese keyboard by going to settings > time and language > language, however after I have downloaded and tried to use said keyboard it simply does not work and when I try to remove Japanese keyboard, the "preferred language"...
  8. Language Preferences

Language Preferences: Hi, I used to have a 2nd language pack installed but i removed it recently and now when i log in the language is accessible with the Win + Space shortcut but isn't listed in laguage preferences also it somehow switches to that language without me using the shortcut. Can...
  9. Language Preferences

Language Preferences: Hey there, I have a problem with my Language/Keyboard preferences. Somehow, I am shown two English keyboards, while only one is properly installed (see the screenshots below). Is there a workaround to fix this? Thanks and best regards! [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  10. Language preferences

Language preferences: I recently bought a new laptop with Windows 10 on it , I changed the language from Dutch to English via settings but I am still seeing words here and there in Dutch.This might not sound like a very big problem but for me it is rather distracting.I also changed the system...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows suomi is preferred language