Windows 10: Language Preferences on Taskbar

Discus and support Language Preferences on Taskbar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, First I would like to express my immense appreciation to this community's experts who strive to solve problems and make people's lives easier... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by F11Button, Jun 25, 2020.

1. F11Button Win User

Language Preferences on Taskbar

Hello,

First I would like to express my immense appreciation to this community's experts who strive to solve problems and make people's lives easier saving them so much scrambling around; you are heroes, and you are very valuable.

I have a problem that keeps me anxious as it affects my overall sense of Windows 10 quality; what vexes me is that when I pressWin+Space, I get three English versions of the English keyboard US, UK, and International. I am comfortable with the English U.S. keyboard, but I cannot remove other versions although I went to everyTime & Language setting on the system and changed every possible option toU.S/United States, but still I have U.K & International options on mylanguage bar. Also, and as in the screenshot, I cannot change theDisplay language to English U.S. .. It only displays English U.K. I want to make itEnglish U.S.

Language Preferences on Taskbar 9198fa87-34be-4d84-acab-3c0302039430?upload=true.png Language Preferences on Taskbar 30f28d2e-43f5-445c-add5-fe84109273e7?upload=true.png

:)

F11Button, Jun 25, 2020

2. languages preferred

Hello,

Assuming you want to use English (United States) as your preferred language, try these steps

1. Right click Start Button or press Windows + X keys and select Windows PowerShell (Admin).

2. In the administrative Windows PowerShell window, type these commands one-by-one and press Enter key after each:

Get-WinUserLanguageList

This will display list of installed languages on your machine. Note the LanguageTag for your preferred language.

$1=New-WinUserLanguageList <LanguageTag>

Replace <LanguageTag> for your preferred language. For example, if your preferred language is English (United States), then you can use $1=New-WinUserLanguageList en-US.

Set-WinUserLanguageList $1

After this, when opted, type Y to confirm setting preferred language. Close Windows PowerShell and you're done.

Hope this helps!

Kapil Arya [Directly], Jun 25, 2020
  3. NilCouv Win User
    managing language preference

Hello,

I've got some ergonomic problem because I have to change my language preferences often and the "alt+maj" shortcut is wrong.

I had to deactivate this shortcut because it conflicts with video game controls and I'm unable to reassign the shortcut freely.

I waste my time by going in the taskbar to change my language preference because I write in
    both French and English, and the language preference are used to set up spell checker for several software. And also because some early access game need a QWERTY keyboard configuration.

My configuration:

• Win10 Pro (country: Belgium, Language: French(France) )
    • Two language pack are installed ("French[FRANCE]" and "English[USA]")
    • 3 keyboard configurations ("French- AZERTY", "English-QWERTY" & ""English-AZERTY")
    • The "maj+alt" shortcut is deactivated due to the conflict with game controls.

The result is:

• French - AZERTY (needed)
    • English - AZERTY (needed)
    • English - QWERTY (needed)
    • French (Belgium) -AZERTY (don't needed and I don't want it. it's due to the country setting… -_-)

Language Preferences on Taskbar f6dbdde7-7016-40ae-aeea-e764a7275d31?upload=true.png

So the ergonomy is deeply inefficient. Does anyone have an idea how to solve this problem?

Sincerely.

NilCouv, Jun 25, 2020
  4. Language Preferences on Taskbar

Windows 10 Language preference

Hi AS Balticom,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

I can understand the situation must be difficult for you when the Language preference settings doesn't work as it should.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

1. Are you aware of any changes made to the PC prior to this issue?
    2. Which build version is installed on the computer? Press Windows key + R, type 'winver' and press enter to know this information.
    3. Is the issue specific to the UK language?

Meanwhile, suggest you to follow these methods and check if that works for you.

Method 1: Suggest you to run the LPK setup and remove the language pack.

1. Press WIndows key + R to get the run window.
    2. Type ‘LPKSETUP’ and press enter.
    3. Click ‘Uninstall display languages.
    4. Choose the language then click ‘Next’.
    Once this is done, restart the computer and check if that helps.

Method 2: Further, suggest you to open the Registry Editor and remove the specific registry key and restart the PC to see if that makes any difference.

Keyboard Identifiers and Input Method Editors for Windows

Registry disclaimer: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that
    you follow these steps carefully. For added protection,
    back up the registry
    before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

Additional Information.

Keep your PC up to date as it keeps your device running smoothly and secure.

Let us know the result of the steps performed so that we can help you further.

Awaiting your reply.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Jun 25, 2020
Thema:

Language Preferences on Taskbar

1. Language Preferences on Taskbar - Similar Threads - Language Preferences Taskbar

2. Language Preference

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Language Preference: Hi!Problem looks like little, but at least its painful. I have only two languages in settings. but i have 4 languages in use: 3 language from bottom are changeable By Shift + Alt.2 language from top, are changeable by Shift + Ctrl, this made a new problem, now Ctrl + Shift +...
  3. Language Preference

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Language Preference: Hi!Problem looks like little, but at least its painful. I have only two languages in settings. but i have 4 languages in use: 3 language from bottom are changeable By Shift + Alt.2 language from top, are changeable by Shift + Ctrl, this made a new problem, now Ctrl + Shift +...
  4. language preference

in Windows 10 Customization
    language preference: How do i change it so i can only switch between NOB and ENG? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/language-preference/f03cfc54-a832-4641-80cf-759b9aefaad7
  5. Language Preferences

Language Preferences: Hi, I used to have a 2nd language pack installed but i removed it recently and now when i log in the language is accessible with the Win + Space shortcut but isn't listed in laguage preferences also it somehow switches to that language without me using the shortcut. Can...
  6. Language preferences

Language preferences: How can I set up Microsoft IME in my new PC. Control panel does not have "language preferences" as in the older version where I could assign Microsoft IME setting. I need to add Japanese language....
  7. languages preferred

languages preferred: [IMG]Hi Why does African language often appear on languages preferred even though I have not chosen them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/languages-preferred/50fcf12c-88a7-455e-b2af-cb0c7f9b8664
  8. Language preference

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Language preference: Hi, Does anyone know how to change the language for apps? Some of my apps are in English and some in Dutch. Although I speak both languages, I prefer to use just English. Somewhere I must have indicated Dutch, but I don't know where or how to change that information again....
  9. Language Preferences

Language Preferences: Hey there, I have a problem with my Language/Keyboard preferences. Somehow, I am shown two English keyboards, while only one is properly installed (see the screenshots below). Is there a workaround to fix this? Thanks and best regards! [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  10. Language preferences

Language preferences: I recently bought a new laptop with Windows 10 on it , I changed the language from Dutch to English via settings but I am still seeing words here and there in Dutch.This might not sound like a very big problem but for me it is rather distracting.I also changed the system...