Windows 10: Language/Region Settings not affecting everywhere.

Discus and support Language/Region Settings not affecting everywhere. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I bought an XP Spectre Laptop in Japan. When the first install happened there was no initial option to switch language, so I did the install in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SkyRakers, Oct 13, 2021.

1. SkyRakers Win User

Language/Region Settings not affecting everywhere.

I bought an XP Spectre Laptop in Japan. When the first install happened there was no initial option to switch language, so I did the install in Japanese. Since then I have switched the language and region to UK. But there are still some things showing in Japanese. If I search for anything in settings, the results are Japanese. Installation button on new apps are Japanese. Things I have done: Go to Settings → Time and Region → Region and Language → Delete all other languages and only keep EnglishControl Panel → Region → Format → Set it

:)

SkyRakers, Oct 13, 2021

2. Resetting language and regions

Hi Dee,

The option to reset the language and region can either be done in the Control Panel or the Settings app. Since you are having issues with the reset option, we would like to ask for additional information to help us provide the appropriate troubleshooting
    steps. Please answer the following:

• What build and version of Windows 10 is your PC running on?
    • Did you get an error after resetting the language and region?
    • In which language and region are you trying to reset it to?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

We hope to hear from you soon.

Jennifer Cha, Oct 13, 2021
  3. lx07 Win User
    Problem with setting English language

Yes you can and it is the same as in 7 if I remember correctly.

Search for Language in Control Panel. Click on Options in the English Language.

Language/Region Settings not affecting everywhere. [​IMG]

On Input Method click on Add Input Method and scroll down the list until you find Spanish. Then remove English.

Language/Region Settings not affecting everywhere. [​IMG]

This only affects your keyboard - no other regional or language settings are affected.

For Cortana to work you need your language, region and speech have to be the same - it doesn't care about the keyboard. If your language is US English you'll need to make sure you set your region to US as well. As region affects things like search results and news I leave mine where I am and don't use Cortana but it is up to you - I've just not found a use for it yet.

4. Language/Region Settings not affecting everywhere.

Arabic language font problem

Hi,

We understand the inconvenience you are facing and will assist you.

I suggest you to remove the language pack, download the language pack and set it as default and check for status.

To remove the language pack, follow the steps below:

• Click on Start>Settings>Time & Language.
    • In the left pane, click on Region & Language.
    • Select the language and click on Remove.

To add a language pack, follow the steps below:

• Click on Start>Settings>Time & Language.
    • In the left pane, click on Region & Language.
    • Click on Add language.
    • Select the language from the list, download and set as default.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 13, 2021
Thema:

Language/Region Settings not affecting everywhere.

1. Language/Region Settings not affecting everywhere. - Similar Threads - Language Region Settings

2. Cortana Regions And Languages

in Cortana
    Cortana Regions And Languages: Cortana is not working again. It says 'Cortana isn't available In your region' Please tell all the available regions. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-regions-and-languages/65d4c67b-5d92-4347-b44e-fbc84d40064d
  3. Somewhere the Dutch language/regional setting is hiding

in Windows 10 Customization
    Somewhere the Dutch language/regional setting is hiding: I just installed Windows 10. New install. I remember setting the the Region to the Netherlands, because I'm used to € and separating digits with a comma instead of a period. All other language and regional settings are set to United States. However, all my browsers now...
  4. Region and Language

Region and Language: I have added a wrong region, how to remove it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/region-and-language/5671547b-e950-4c77-b2af-554944ba5676
  5. Regional settings vs display language

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Regional settings vs display language: Hi there, I am so tired of Windows and the way language, proofing, keyboard, display language etc is just one huge pile of manure. What settings do I need to click to get this?: Display language: English Formatting (time, currency etc): danish Spelling and proofing...
  6. Region and Language Settings - XML documentation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Region and Language Settings - XML documentation: Hi I'm looking for a full explanation/description of the XML commands to customize my regional settings. See below: <gs:UserLocale> <gs:Locale Name="en-UK" SetAsCurrent="true" ResetAllSettings="true"> <gs:Win32> <gs:iCalendarType>1</gs:iCalendarType>...
  7. Region and language

Region and language: I want to change my language to English, however when I go to the Region and Language section nothing appears what can i do to fix this? Here is a screenshot to see what happens [ATTACH]...
  8. Region & Language

Region & Language: Why doesn't Region & Language show up? It has been about this for 3 months. I updated and restarted the computer many times. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/region-language/c7470674-2f84-44b1-a4f8-73b6f19df89b
  9. Region settings: Unable to set default language!

in Windows 10 Support
    Region settings: Unable to set default language!: Hi, I get this error when setting my Region settings to English/Netherlands and restart Windows 10. Error : "Unable to set default language !" When I put it back to English/US then all is ok. How can I get my Regio settings to English/Netherlands, which Windows itself...
  10. Region and Language Settings - Copy in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Region and Language Settings - Copy in Windows 10: How to: Region and Language Settings - Copy in Windows 10 How to Copy Region and Language Settings to Welcome Screen and New User Accounts in Windows 10 [img] Note After Windows is installed, its main language is the language of the install media used. If no...