Windows 10: Language selection issue for installing “Windows 10 installation media” DVD (created using...

Discus and support Language selection issue for installing “Windows 10 installation media” DVD (created using... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Re: Language selection issue for installing “Windows 10 installation media” DVD (created using “Media Creation Tool”) Hello, Due to major stalling,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ghusya, Jun 17, 2019.

1. ghusya Win User

Language selection issue for installing “Windows 10 installation media” DVD (created using...

Re: Language selection issue for installing “Windows 10 installation media” DVD (created using “Media Creation Tool”)

Hello,

Due to major stalling, instability and hanging of my laptop, I have made a “Windows 10 installation mediaDVD using “Media Creation Tool” from the Microsoft website and have carried out a "Clean Install" by restaring the laptop and pressing the appropriate function key during startup in order to access the boot order and thus select the DVD (i.e. using the the PC's one-time BIOS Boot Menu Key).

In making the Clean Install I deleted all the existing partitions, and thus all my personal data (I hope and think I have successfully backed up my files beforehand).

After this Clean Install of Windows10, the laptop now:

a) still hangs quite a bit at startup when asking the user password

b) function keys don't work

c) wifi doesn't seem to work

d) ethernet connection DOES work and I have connected from another computer using

The “Windows 10 installation media” DVD was made in french (langue: français, Edition: Windows10, Architecture: 64-bit).

Regrettably, I'm not sure which language was configured when I bought the laptop. However, I did make System Restore Recovery Disks (on 3 DVDs) as one of the first things when I bought the laptop in June 2015.

Q1.
    Could it be that the language selection is at the root of the problem?

Q2. Should I make another "clean install" using the System Restore Recovery Disks? If yes, then what is the best way to do this?

Q3. If I make a "clean install" using the System Restore Recovery Disks, then will I be able to find out the language settings when the laptop was new? If yes, then do you have any advice on how precisely to specify the language, country & region in order to make a suitable “Windows 10 installation media” DVD using “Media Creation Tool” so that my computer can work smoothly using Windows 10?

For background info, my laptop was bought in June 2015. The spec is:

- Toshiba Satellite L70-B-130 installed originally with Windows 8 (I immediately upgraded to windows 10 when I bought it).

- Intel i7-4710HQ quad-core 2.5GHz

- 8Gb RAM

- Intel HD Graphics 4600

- AMD Radeon R9 M265X (with 2Gb dedicated memory)

- It was bought in Luxembourg so settings and control panels comes up in English, and it has an Belgian azerty keyboard.

My thanks for any useful help you can provide.

:)

ghusya, Jun 17, 2019
  2. Gino Des Win User

windows 10 Installation media disk

Hi Shaela,

To create a Windows 10 recovery DVD or USB, we suggest that you download and use the media creation tool from the

Microsoft software download website
    . To create an installation or repair media, follow the steps below:

• On a working PC, go to the
      Microsoft software download website
    • Download the media creation tool and then run it. You need to be an administrator to run this tool.
    • Select Create installation media for another PC.
    • Choose a language, edition, and architecture (64-bit or 32-bit).
    • Follow the steps to create installation media, and then select Finish.

If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to send a reply.

Gino Des, Jun 17, 2019
  3. Law-II Win User
    Windows Media Center Live TV Help

Hi

go here - Hauppauge | Page Not Found select "Windows Media Center install" tab

look at - Setting up your TV tuner in Windows 7 Media Center - select download (will open a pdf with screen by screen instructions)
    "Download
    Here is a screen by screen view of the setup of Windows Media Center. It was based on the WinTV-HVR-1600, but the setup with other WinTV-HVR products will be similar."

Follow the guide stage by stage

let the TPU community know at what "step" Media Center gets stuck at Example: step 1, step 2

nb: It may be to do with your zip code and or post code not being entered

In regard to your DVD Rom drive - go to -control panel/device manager/DVD/CD-ROM drives -make a note of the make and model number Example: Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-215D ATA Device - highlight the device you have installed -press right mouse button-select properties-details-property and select Install Date from the drop down list and let us know this.

atb (all the best)

Law-II

Law-II, Jun 17, 2019
  4. Language selection issue for installing “Windows 10 installation media” DVD (created using...

New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Jun 17, 2019
Thema:

Language selection issue for installing “Windows 10 installation media” DVD (created using...

1. Language selection issue for installing “Windows 10 installation media” DVD (created using... - Similar Threads - Language selection issue

2. in the Create Windows 10 installation media in the select the driver part nothing shows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    in the Create Windows 10 installation media in the select the driver part nothing shows: in the Create Windows 10 installation media in the select the driver part nothing shows what should i do? i already done everything and this part doesnt work...
  3. in the Create Windows 10 installation media in the select the driver part nothing shows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    in the Create Windows 10 installation media in the select the driver part nothing shows: in the Create Windows 10 installation media in the select the driver part nothing shows what should i do? i already done everything and this part doesnt work...
  4. in the Create Windows 10 installation media in the select the driver part nothing shows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Creating installation media

Creating installation media: Hello, I installed window 10 installation media for my pc in another computerwindow 7.Because i reset my pc without creating a bootable usb.But now i am not able to run the installation media in the the window 7 .it tells me to restart and run it again but no change...
  6. Creating installation media

Creating installation media: would creating a installation media of windows 10 and installing windows 10 delete my- 1pre installed apps 2both graphic card-amd,intel 3microsoft office-powerpoint,word etc can it change my digitally activated and licensed windows 10 become unlicensed and unactivate...
  7. Product Key for Created Install Media or Already Availabe DVD

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Product Key for Created Install Media or Already Availabe DVD: Hi, Quick question about Product Keys in general. I purchased a product key from a reseller to activate a clean installation of windows. The reseller is based in the United States and from everything I can tell, is legal and above board. Rather than use the 'Create...
  8. Installing Windows 10 Pro on a different PC using a DVD with installation media on it

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Installing Windows 10 Pro on a different PC using a DVD with installation media on it: Hi, I have a question about activating Windows 10 using Installation Media that has been created on a DVD/CD. I'm currently using a fully licensed version of Windows 10 Pro. If I was to create an .iso file using the Installation Media Tool, place the file onto a DVD and...
  9. Create a Windows 10 installation Media Error

Create a Windows 10 installation Media Error: I'm am trying to fix my computer by installing a Windows 10 installation Media on my empty, more than 9GB USB. Everytime, it loads up to 100%, I get an error. It says 0x80042405 - 0xA001A. Help!...
  10. Issue with Media Creation Tool to create Windows 10 installation media

Issue with Media Creation Tool to create Windows 10 installation media: I need to recover my Desktop and downloaded the MediaCreationTool1809,exe from the MS Support pages. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 I run the tool with a freshly formatted 16GB USB drive and receive the following error: "There was a problem...