Windows 10: Language setting / keyboard layout gets synced between 2 computers (but shouldn't)

Discus and support Language setting / keyboard layout gets synced between 2 computers (but shouldn't) in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I have a weird problem that just arose a few weeks ago: I have a laptop and a desktop. The laptop has an English keyboard layout the desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by lebigmac74, Jul 24, 2019.

1. Language setting / keyboard layout gets synced between 2 computers (but shouldn't)

Hi,

I have a weird problem that just arose a few weeks ago:

I have a laptop and a desktop. The laptop has an English keyboard layout the desktop uses a German one. Both computers use the same Microsoft account to log in.

I have absolutely no problem setting my preferred language on one of the computers, the problem is rather that once I set in on one computer it somehow gets replicated to the other. So if I setup my desktop to use the German layout, the next time I boot my laptop the keyboard switches to German there too. This is of course complete nonsense and is driving me crazy.

How can I disable this "feature"?

Thanks,

Marcus

:)

lebigmac74, Jul 24, 2019

2. Keyboard layout syncing issue in Windows 10

Hello,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

A quick question before we proceed:

Does this issue confined to keyboard layout?

I suggest you to Turn off the Language preference and Ease of access Sync settings and check if it helps. You may follow the steps below and check if it helps:

• Press Windows key and then type Sync your settings.

• Turn off language preference and ease of access.

Hope this helps. Write back to us with the status of the issue for further assistance.

Anju Thekkethil, Jul 24, 2019
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Keyboard layout switches to non-default layout/language after resume from sleep

Hi,

You can try these steps on changing your keyboard layout:

• On the
      Start
      menu, click
      Settings

• Select
      Time & language

• Click
      Region & language

• Select
      Add a language

• Under
      Languages, click the language you want as a default and click
      Set as default.

NOTE: In changing your keyboard layout, you can also try changing your computer's primary language.
    Your keyboard layout may also change in doing so. However, make sure to use the right keyboard layout for
    entering your password. You might not be able to sign in since the layout has been change.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jul 24, 2019
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Language setting / keyboard layout gets synced between 2 computers (but shouldn't)

The extra keyboard layout keep adding to my language bar (with Pics)

Hi Panupong,

The updated Windows 10 may have detected your language, the reason why it automatically gave you the other Thai US keyboard. To correct this issue, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Click on the Start Menu, type in region and language settings and select it.
    • Under Languages, select Thai Kedmanee keyboard and click Remove.
    • Lastly, add it back by clicking Add a language.

After these steps, your keyboard layout will permanently stay with Thai Kedmanee keyboard.

Let us know if the steps above resolved your issue.

Xylee Del, Jul 24, 2019
Thema:

Language setting / keyboard layout gets synced between 2 computers (but shouldn't)

1. Language setting / keyboard layout gets synced between 2 computers (but shouldn't) - Similar Threads - Language setting keyboard

2. How to remove languages from keyboard layouts if they are not presented in language settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove languages from keyboard layouts if they are not presented in language settings: Hi everyone!I cannot remove two languages from keyboard layouts. There are only two in settings and they cannot be removed any way I've tried. I tried to remove them through the settings, manually, through the console and I still do not succeed, I still do not understand how...
  3. An odd discrepancy between Language layout in the taskbar to Languages in the Settings.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    An odd discrepancy between Language layout in the taskbar to Languages in the Settings.: I have two languages installed on my Laptop Eng US and HEBREW.*It's a week old Laptop!!!After turning it on, that is exactly what I see in the Language layout and pressing on Alt+Shift is enough to change between them.After a While an hour or so I have two extra languages in...
  4. An odd discrepancy between Language layout in the taskbar to Languages in the Settings.

An odd discrepancy between Language layout in the taskbar to Languages in the Settings.: I have two languages installed on my Laptop Eng US and HEBREW.*It's a week old Laptop!!!After turning it on, that is exactly what I see in the Language layout and pressing on Alt+Shift is enough to change between them.After a While an hour or so I have two extra languages in...
  5. Keyboard layout CHANGES between different computers despite explicit language preference...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard layout CHANGES between different computers despite explicit language preference...: The Windows 10 including updates as of recently still is fully unable to maintain the local computer keyboard layout and it is fully unable to refrain from syncing settings that are local to the stored account information. That remains a bug despite being reported several...
  6. Keyboard layout CHANGES between different computers despite explicit language preference...

Keyboard layout CHANGES between different computers despite explicit language preference...: The Windows 10 including updates as of recently still is fully unable to maintain the local computer keyboard layout and it is fully unable to refrain from syncing settings that are local to the stored account information. That remains a bug despite being reported several...
  7. Stop Syncing between 2 computers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stop Syncing between 2 computers: I have 2 devices using the same Microsoft username & Password. One is a desktop, and the other is a laptop. When I add or change the graphic of the Icons on the desktop of one device it syncs and changes it on the other device. I used Win 10 Pro "Sync your setting" app and...
  8. Language/keyboard layout not in settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Language/keyboard layout not in settings: Hi, I just got a new Win10 laptop (which I looooove btw) and there appears to be an unwanted keyboard layout skulking about. When I click the language tile (next to date/time) or use the Win + space shortcut, 3 languages are listed: English UK, German, and, unwantedly,...
  9. Weird keyboard setup. Can't figure it out. 2 Languages, 2 Layouts, 2 Keyboards

in Windows 10 Customization
    Weird keyboard setup. Can't figure it out. 2 Languages, 2 Layouts, 2 Keyboards: Hey there, So I have a surface laptop 3 with German layout and a MX keys with English layout. Most of the time I write in English, which is why I changed my Y with the Z using Sharpkeys on my German layout Surface. now I updated my setup with the MX in English. Now it...
  10. Keyboard layout syncing between computers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard layout syncing between computers: Hi, I have 2 computers, one is AZERTY the other is QWERTY. However the setting is applied to my QWERTY computer gets transferred to my AZERTY one so my keys don't match, is there somewhere I can log in to my account but not make the keyboard layout sync between the two?...