Windows 10: Language settings issues with two laptops and same MS account

Discus and support Language settings issues with two laptops and same MS account in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I have an issue with my two laptops. These have the same MS account. One, however, has a qwerty keyboard and the other an azerty. Now, when my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GertjanBisschop, Apr 8, 2020.

1. Language settings issues with two laptops and same MS account

Hi,

I have an issue with my two laptops. These have the same MS account.

One, however, has a qwerty keyboard and the other an azerty.

Now, when my qwerty laptop is set correctly, my azerty laptop has become qwerty.

When I rectify my azerty laptop back to azerty keyboard, my qwerty laptop has become azerty.

Anyone has any ideas?

Thanks!

:)

GertjanBisschop, Apr 8, 2020
  2. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Apr 8, 2020
  3. Language

Hi Sassy,

To remove the Croatian language in Windows 10, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Open the Settings app, select Time & Language, and click
      Region & Language
    • Under Add a language, select English, and click
      Set as default
    • Select the Croatian language and click Remove.
    • Close the Settings app, restart the computer, and check if the issue persists.

Let us know if the steps provided worked for you.

Genevieve Cri, Apr 8, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Language settings issues with two laptops and same MS account

Change WIndows Update language set via hidden account

Hi Lee,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand that the Windows Update messages are shown in Hungarian, we will look into this for you. However, it would be great if you can reply with the details requested below:

• What is the Windows display language that you are using currently?
    • Do you have Hungarian language pack installed on the computer? To check go to
      Start >> Settings >> Time & language >> Language.
    • How did you set English language for all the admin and users?
    • Which version and edition of Windows 10 is installed on the computer? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.

As you have mentioned that the PC was purchased in Hungary, it could be possible that the computer’s default language is set as Hungarian. We may try the steps mentioned below and see if that helps.

Method 1: Change Copy Settings

You may want to check the Welcome Screen settings in Copy Settings and see if that helps. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + I, to open
      Settings
    2. Click on Time & language and click on
      Language on the left pane.
    3. Now, click on Administrative
      language
      settings on the right pane.
    4. Click on Copy settings.
    5. Now, under Copy your current settings to, select the checkbox for
      Welcome screen and system accounts and New user accounts.

Refer the screenshot below:

Language settings issues with two laptops and same MS account ddd11ab3-9a28-48ee-873c-7c63594fac66?upload=true.png

Method 2: Uninstall Display language

If the issue persists, we would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned below and try to uninstall the Hungarian language:

1. Press Windows key + R, to open
      Run
      dialog box.
    2. Type lpksetup and click on
      OK
    3. Click on Uninstall display language.
    4. If you find Hungarian language pack installed, click on it and click on
      Next.
    5. Follow the on-screen instructions to uninstall the language pack.

Let us know the results.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Apr 8, 2020
Thema:

Language settings issues with two laptops and same MS account

1. Language settings issues with two laptops and same MS account - Similar Threads - Language settings issues

2. two machines same account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    two machines same account.: two machines same account.one machine win11 MS365.other machine win8.1it seems that my 8.1 machine got clobbered when installing and modifying the win11 machine. i am not interested in keeping these machines synced.my 8.1 machine lost the login i was using although I can...
  3. two machines same account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    two machines same account.: two machines same account.one machine win11 MS365.other machine win8.1it seems that my 8.1 machine got clobbered when installing and modifying the win11 machine. i am not interested in keeping these machines synced.my 8.1 machine lost the login i was using although I can...
  4. Same email two accounts.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Same email two accounts.: Been stuck with a problem. Have two accounts. One is a personal account and the other one is a work based account,but they share an email address. Lost the password to the work account which is a global admin and can't access it,which means that admin functions are no longer...
  5. Same email two accounts.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Same email two accounts.: Been stuck with a problem. Have two accounts. One is a personal account and the other one is a work based account,but they share an email address. Lost the password to the work account which is a global admin and can't access it,which means that admin functions are no longer...
  6. Two Laptops with windows 11 having the same issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two Laptops with windows 11 having the same issue: Hello,Starting from monday I started noticing that both mine and my sister's laptop are haveing the same issues that can be cited as :• Windows update not working infinite loading when oppening in settings and after it just closed• All office apps gives a popup stating that...
  7. two MS accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
    two MS accounts: I have two MS accounts one I use the other very little my problem is the account I use was setup with an email / user name that I want to stop using. I do have another email setup in that account.I'm just confused as to how to fix this merge the accounts or what?...
  8. Two of the same accounts

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Two of the same accounts: I have both the same accounts on Microsoft store and it wont let me login so i cant play or login into Microsoft store anyone know how to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/two-of-the-same-accounts/dba53fbd-9637-4767-b909-345e1265e519
  9. Setting two different passwords for same account?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Setting two different passwords for same account?: I'm not sure what it's actually called, but the best I can describe it is that there is one profile, and one password will open it with all the files and apps, but a different password will open it with restricted access (can only see/access certain files and apps). Is this...
  10. Two MS Accounts -same machine. Will updates "cross over"?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Two MS Accounts -same machine. Will updates "cross over"?: For weeks my Insider Updates have downloaded but refused to install. Part of this seemed to be that I couldn't connect properly to my Microsoft Account. Today I created a New User on the same machine and carried through to create an entirely new MS Account. If I register as...