Windows 10: Language support for Windows 11

Discus and support Language support for Windows 11 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; To complete the Windows 11 no matter 21H1 or 22H2 Out of Box Experience, I wonder:if the PC name device name and the account name user name can support... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ask_Microsoft_about_Windo, Oct 5, 2022.

1. Language support for Windows 11

To complete the Windows 11 no matter 21H1 or 22H2 Out of Box Experience, I wonder:if the PC name device name and the account name user name can support non-English language characters?or for the Chinese version of Windows 11, then will Chinese characters be allowed in the PC name device name and the account name user name ?

:)

ask_Microsoft_about_Windo, Oct 5, 2022

2. Greek Language Support for Voice Typing in Windows 11 - When will it be available?

I am planning to upgrade to windows 11 and looking forward to use the new voice typing feature. However, I noticed that the greek language is not among the supported languages (a peculiar and annoying fact, given the long list of the already supported languages).

So, I would like to know when greek language support for Voice Typing will be available in Windows 11.

Thanks in advance

Γιώργος Σαραντίδης, Oct 5, 2022
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Windows 8.1 update changed the language, can't change back

Maybe, these will help... it seems it is a common enough problem.

Language packs are no longer available after you upgrade to Windows 8.1

And, sort of the same here --> Add a language or keyboard

Quote from above MS web page:

Spoiler Download and install language packs
    You'll need to download the language pack if you want to make a language your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps).
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click a language that says Language pack available underneath, and then tap or click Options.
    • Tap or click Download. The download process might take a while, depending on your PC and the size of the language pack.
      If you want to make this your display language, see the next section "Change your Windows display language".
    Change your Windows display language
    To change your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps), first add a language, download and install the language pack, and then follow these steps.
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click the language that you want to set as your display language.
    • Tap or click Set as primary to move the language to the top of the list. If the language can become your Windows display language, you'll see Will be display language after next sign-in appear under the language.
    • Sign out and then sign back in to finish.
    And here is some more info --> Add Language Packs to Windows

95Viper, Oct 5, 2022
  4. Vineet_K Win User

Language support for Windows 11

Changing Language of Widgets bar in windows 11

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you need help regarding language in Windows 11 widgets

In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the make and model number of your PC?
    • What is the Version and Build of Windows 11 installed on the tablet? (Type winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • Is your PC running on a single language operating system?
    Meanwhile, I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Open Settings (Windows + I), select Time & language from the left pane
    2. On the right hand side, select Language & region
    3. You may select the desired Windows display language from the dropdown menu
    4. You may also Add a language and set it as windows display language

Language support for Windows 11 69f36ad5-b3df-4d8e-aed8-7d0b95064df1?upload=true.png

We appreciate you interest towards Windows 11

We await your response

Vineet Kumar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Vineet_K, Oct 5, 2022
Thema:

Language support for Windows 11

1. Language support for Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Language support

2. Pls fix my Windows license only supports one display language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pls fix my Windows license only supports one display language: I am all tired of that and I was download language pack from English uk but there is no install why thatt is annoying. How fix Your Windows license only supports one display language...
  3. Pls fix my Windows license only supports one display language

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pls fix my Windows license only supports one display language: I am all tired of that and I was download language pack from English uk but there is no install why thatt is annoying. How fix Your Windows license only supports one display language...
  4. speech recognition could not start because the language configuration is not supported

in Windows 10 Gaming
    speech recognition could not start because the language configuration is not supported: win11tried changing the interface laguage https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speech-recognition-could-not-start-because-the/d21b98d3-b3e6-4e8b-b910-693cd54c8b1b
  5. speech recognition could not start because the language configuration is not supported

speech recognition could not start because the language configuration is not supported: win11tried changing the interface laguage https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speech-recognition-could-not-start-because-the/d21b98d3-b3e6-4e8b-b910-693cd54c8b1b
  6. Comprehensive Support for Manipuri Language in Meitei Mayek Script – Request for Inclusion...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Comprehensive Support for Manipuri Language in Meitei Mayek Script – Request for Inclusion...: I hope this message finds you well. In light of the recent announcement on January 25, 2024, where Microsoft India introduced two new Indian languages, Chhattisgarhi and Manipuri, in Microsoft Translator, I am writing to request an extension of support for Manipuri in Meitei...
  7. Comprehensive Support for Manipuri Language in Meitei Mayek Script – Request for Inclusion...

Comprehensive Support for Manipuri Language in Meitei Mayek Script – Request for Inclusion...: I hope this message finds you well. In light of the recent announcement on January 25, 2024, where Microsoft India introduced two new Indian languages, Chhattisgarhi and Manipuri, in Microsoft Translator, I am writing to request an extension of support for Manipuri in Meitei...
  8. Hello Microsoft, please help me. Please support Bengali language. Next update. voyce language.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello Microsoft, please help me. Please support Bengali language. Next update. voyce language.: Hello. Microsoft Windows, companies. Can you help me? Please try to now in. the bungala language support.voice language. Support another country language India China but not support bungala languageWhy why man please next update support bangla language...
  9. Hello Microsoft, please help me. Please support Bengali language. Next update. voyce language.

Hello Microsoft, please help me. Please support Bengali language. Next update. voyce language.: Hello. Microsoft Windows, companies. Can you help me? Please try to now in. the bungala language support.voice language. Support another country language India China but not support bungala languageWhy why man please next update support bangla language...
  10. Please create support for voice access of the Ukrainian language

Please create support for voice access of the Ukrainian language: I don’t know for sure whether I need to ask you for this, but I ask you to support the Ukrainian language for voice access, a very convenient and promising area that can be associated with both various programs and games. It is even quite possible that games will appear whose...