Windows 10: Language support of japanese characters with Shift-JS

Discus and support Language support of japanese characters with Shift-JS in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have been using English, Greek and Japanese programs and files in my PC and sometimes the Japanese characters are not displayed properly. For this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by foxeln, Jun 8, 2019.

1. foxeln Win User

Language support of japanese characters with Shift-JS

I have been using English, Greek and Japanese programs and files in my PC and sometimes the Japanese characters are not displayed properly. For this reason I switched the non-unicode language to Japanese in the administrative settings. The Japanese program menus work fine now, however when I open PowerPoint, the file takes a long time to load, some English characters appear as Greek and making changes e.g. deleting a word, takes half a minute. I have the following questions:

-What's the reasoning behind this behaviour?

-What language settings should I use to display ENG, GR, JP properly everywhere, both files and program menus?

Thanks in advance

:)

foxeln, Jun 8, 2019

2. E72 - Japanese Language Support

Hello all,

I have a Nokia E72-1.

Software version 031.023

Language set 41.01

Code 0586213

As a frequent traveller to Japan, I would like the ability to view Japanese characters/fonts when browsing online.

Or when reading emails written in Japanese.

I have downloaded successfully the Japanese translator for the Dictionary.

Which displays Japanses characters with no problem.

But when I browse online the Japanese characters are unreadable.

I have tried changing the Default encoding setting: Options/Settings/Page/Default encoding.

Then reloading the web pages.

But same result.

I don't necessarily need the ability to write in Japanese.

Though it would be nice. :smileywink:

But I would like the ability to view Japanese websites, and email's in their correct front.

Are there language packs available for download?

Or should I be directing my enquiry to my local Nokia Care agent?

Much appreciated to anyone who can point me to enabling such a feature.

If available on my E72. :smileyhappy:

TheManSpirit, Jun 8, 2019
  3. Getting Japanese characters to display

In Windows 10, I was able to switch between the English and Japanese simply by clicking on the ENG icon in my various Office products (Word, PowerPoint, etc.) Now, however, the icon is gone and the ability to get Japanese characters to display has vanished.
    My computer says I have the Japanese IME language pack, but I can't get it to work. Has anyone else had this problem in Windows 10? Any suggestions?

PaulMatychuk, Jun 8, 2019
  4. Language support of japanese characters with Shift-JS

Japanese Language Support

how to add a japanese language support for my N73?

i have a MSDict Japanese to English dictionary, but my phone cant read the jap font ... it suppose to show a kanji type font when reading jap language .. instead, it shows boxes ..

is there any way to install a support font?

orestes---01, Jun 8, 2019
Thema:

Language support of japanese characters with Shift-JS

1. Language support of japanese characters with Shift-JS - Similar Threads - Language support japanese

2. Japanese - Windows Display Language

in Windows 10 Customization
    Japanese - Windows Display Language: Hello. As a Japanese student, I recently changed the Windows Display Language to Japanese. However, I find it kind of awkward to try and read correctly the kanji. Whoever knows how the Japanese language works, know what I'm talking about. I know the Windows Team have...
  3. Language changed to Japanese!

Language changed to Japanese!: Hello, I added Japanese as a language to Windows 10 Home to try and solve another problem (which didn't work.) It was never set as default. However, when I restarted, all of the Windows text is in Japanese. I did my best to delete Japanese from the Language settings,...
  4. Japanese language/locale issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Japanese language/locale issue: So I'm trying to unpack a zipped file that contains files with names in Japanese. I currently have my locale set to Japan in order to get non-unicode programs to use Japanese as the system language and, likewise, I also have Japanese IME language installed. I frequently use...
  5. Language settings - japanese is displayed

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Language settings - japanese is displayed: Why in the menu "Microsoft Store", all is displayed in japanese, as well as the Apps. I can't change it in "Settings". Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/language-settings-japanese-is-displayed/7d742cb5-0001-4fc7-bc4a-8b974dfa483f"
  6. japanese language pack

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    japanese language pack: Japanese language pack download offline setup. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/japanese-language-pack/33753296-125a-4953-8d0d-02dfc478d816
  7. Japanese is missing in language bar

Japanese is missing in language bar: Although in the "Region and language" menu I can see Japanese among others, in the language bar (in tray) I cannot see it. So I don’t have any chance to select Japanese. How can I get it?...
  8. my language prefrence is japanese

my language prefrence is japanese: my language prefrence is Japanese how do I change that??? ***moved in english forum**** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-language-prefrence-is-japanese/8fd512df-b4f0-4e40-8466-3cb895e7e5e4
  9. Handwriting personalization / Supported characters for English (US) language

Handwriting personalization / Supported characters for English (US) language: Hello all, I have been using my Surface Pro on Windows 10, and was improving my PC's handwriting recognition in the appropriate settings. I was able to successfully use all features of this process initially. Now, suddenly, when attempting to use "Target specific...
  10. language: japanese to english

in Windows 10 Support
    language: japanese to english: I accidentally upgrade my windows 8 to windows 10 while in Japanese I want everything back in English I already tick regional language ,language settings and system locale my clock settings and keyboard are fine now but the system language is still in Japanese.. [img]...