Windows 10: Language support of japanese characters with Shift-JS

Discus and support Language support of japanese characters with Shift-JS in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have been using English, Greek and Japanese programs and files in my PC and sometimes the Japanese characters are not displayed properly. For this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by foxeln, Jun 8, 2019.

1. foxeln Win User

Language support of japanese characters with Shift-JS

I have been using English, Greek and Japanese programs and files in my PC and sometimes the Japanese characters are not displayed properly. For this reason I switched the non-unicode language to Japanese in the administrative settings. The Japanese program menus work fine now, however when I open PowerPoint, the file takes a long time to load, some English characters appear as Greek and making changes e.g. deleting a word, takes half a minute. I have the following questions:

-What's the reasoning behind this behaviour?

-What language settings should I use to display ENG, GR, JP properly everywhere, both files and program menus?

Thanks in advance

:)

foxeln, Jun 8, 2019

2. E72 - Japanese Language Support

Hello all,

I have a Nokia E72-1.

Software version 031.023

Language set 41.01

Code 0586213

As a frequent traveller to Japan, I would like the ability to view Japanese characters/fonts when browsing online.

Or when reading emails written in Japanese.

I have downloaded successfully the Japanese translator for the Dictionary.

Which displays Japanses characters with no problem.

But when I browse online the Japanese characters are unreadable.

I have tried changing the Default encoding setting: Options/Settings/Page/Default encoding.

Then reloading the web pages.

But same result.

I don't necessarily need the ability to write in Japanese.

Though it would be nice. :smileywink:

But I would like the ability to view Japanese websites, and email's in their correct front.

Are there language packs available for download?

Or should I be directing my enquiry to my local Nokia Care agent?

Much appreciated to anyone who can point me to enabling such a feature.

If available on my E72. :smileyhappy:

TheManSpirit, Jun 8, 2019
  3. Getting Japanese characters to display

In Windows 10, I was able to switch between the English and Japanese simply by clicking on the ENG icon in my various Office products (Word, PowerPoint, etc.) Now, however, the icon is gone and the ability to get Japanese characters to display has vanished.
    My computer says I have the Japanese IME language pack, but I can't get it to work. Has anyone else had this problem in Windows 10? Any suggestions?

PaulMatychuk, Jun 8, 2019
  4. Language support of japanese characters with Shift-JS

Japanese Language Support

how to add a japanese language support for my N73?

i have a MSDict Japanese to English dictionary, but my phone cant read the jap font ... it suppose to show a kanji type font when reading jap language .. instead, it shows boxes ..

is there any way to install a support font?

orestes---01, Jun 8, 2019
Thema:

Language support of japanese characters with Shift-JS

1. Language support of japanese characters with Shift-JS - Similar Threads - Language support japanese

2. Where is the Japanese character located?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where is the Japanese character located?: I can't find the character for wo .I seem to not have this character at all and instead have two of mu , on keys "><" and "* '". My deafult keyboard also the layout is Estonian....
  3. Where is the Japanese character located?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where is the Japanese character located?: I can't find the character for wo .I seem to not have this character at all and instead have two of mu , on keys "><" and "* '". My deafult keyboard also the layout is Estonian....
  4. language in japanese

in Windows 10 Gaming
    language in japanese: After installing Japanese Keyboard, I no longer have the error of full-width changing to half-width in Japanese on the website https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/language-in-japanese/170717c1-f67d-4cc4-81ec-71bb376579c9
  5. language in japanese

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    language in japanese: After installing Japanese Keyboard, I no longer have the error of full-width changing to half-width in Japanese on the website https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/language-in-japanese/170717c1-f67d-4cc4-81ec-71bb376579c9
  6. Japanese Language Pack

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Japanese Language Pack: Japanese Language Pack - We have tried everything the screens prompts us to do with no luck. Cannot toggle between alpha, hiragana or katakana. All we get is Alpha. Also it says proofing is not installed but we cannot find a way to download it....
  7. Japanese characters display problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Japanese characters display problem: My keyboard failed to display correct Japanese characters i.e. hiragana & katakana. The characters of that correspond to English "a, i, u, e, o" now become. I tried reboot the machine and reinstall the Japanese IME pack a few times, but the problem persists. Would you...
  8. Language changed to Japanese!

Language changed to Japanese!: Hello, I added Japanese as a language to Windows 10 Home to try and solve another problem (which didn't work.) It was never set as default. However, when I restarted, all of the Windows text is in Japanese. I did my best to delete Japanese from the Language settings,...
  9. japanese language pack

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    japanese language pack: Japanese language pack download offline setup. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/japanese-language-pack/33753296-125a-4953-8d0d-02dfc478d816
  10. Handwriting personalization / Supported characters for English (US) language

Handwriting personalization / Supported characters for English (US) language: Hello all, I have been using my Surface Pro on Windows 10, and was improving my PC's handwriting recognition in the appropriate settings. I was able to successfully use all features of this process initially. Now, suddenly, when attempting to use "Target specific...