Windows 10: Language switching overlay how to turn off

Discus and support Language switching overlay how to turn off in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When using alt shift to change language inputs, there's will be such an overlay on the right side of the screen, near the medium but slightly below... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Milarvoz, Jul 31, 2020.

1. Milarvoz Win User

Language switching overlay how to turn off

When using alt shift to change language inputs, there's will be such an overlay on the right side of the screen, near the medium but slightly below that, that is pretty much the same when I click on the language icon in taskbar. The overlay works also, if I keep pressing down on alt, my mouse can click on it and it does change to whatever language I clicked on.

If this is a display bug, please fix it. If this is a feature, please make it optional. I do not want this appearing and disappearing, it is very disturbing and does nothing positive for me.

When I do screenshot it doesn't capture this, I had to display record as a video to get this picture.

Language switching overlay how to turn off ea5b51dd-bae2-49bd-80b2-0da3292b8bb7?upload=true.png

:)

Milarvoz, Jul 31, 2020
  2. Sasqui Win User

Radeon Overlay not displaying all options

Ok, I got a question. The options to hide the overlay are confusing. What are the steps to turn on the overlay in-game? Not interested in logging much at the moment. Is Alt-R part of turning it on/off?

Sasqui, Jul 31, 2020
  3. yeye11 Win User
    How to turn off Language switch bar

* Duplicate. Merged.

Is it possible to disable the popup list of input languages at the bottom right corner when having + pressed in Windows 10 version 1903?

Language switching overlay how to turn off d2b69442-2fd3-485a-9c98-6572960be16a?upload=true.png

I do not want to disable the + hotkey (or + for that matter) or the ability to switch languages; I just want to switch off
    this popup that was introduced in build

I've tried
    turning off the language indicator
    . The indicator turns off, the popup stays.

To add insult to injury, the popup often appears when I'm not even going to change the input language. E.g., I'm editing text in a text editor, actively using and to select and move blocks of text, and the language popup keeps appearing.

Until we find a solution>

If I am pressing Shift first - the popup doesn't appear at all.

But it is NOT a fix, it is just a temporary solution that doesn't

makes it UNNECESSARY to find the way to switch off it completely!!!!

This is repost from superuser.com

yeye11, Jul 31, 2020
  4. Language switching overlay how to turn off

Flyfisherman, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

Language switching overlay how to turn off

1. Language switching overlay how to turn off - Similar Threads - Language switching overlay

2. How do I turn off this overlay?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I turn off this overlay?: Somehow this overlay appeared in the bottom right of my screen it shows cpu and gpu usage, but I can't close or move the overlay. I've tried looking everywhere and can't figure this out....
  3. How do I turn off this overlay?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I turn off this overlay?: Somehow this overlay appeared in the bottom right of my screen it shows cpu and gpu usage, but I can't close or move the overlay. I've tried looking everywhere and can't figure this out....
  4. Can i permanently turn off the media overlay.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can i permanently turn off the media overlay.: When I use any of my media keys there is a black pop on the the top left its really annoying. I would like for it to just show the volume or even completly turn off, or be in the bottom left or right corner....
  5. Can i permanently turn off the media overlay.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can i permanently turn off the media overlay.: When I use any of my media keys there is a black pop on the the top left its really annoying. I would like for it to just show the volume or even completly turn off, or be in the bottom left or right corner....
  6. How to turn off changing language popup?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to turn off changing language popup?: [ATTACH] this popup is very annoying, I know that if I will use Shift + alt this popup will not appear, but it is not a solution, I want fully disable it without removing second language...
  7. How to turn off language shortcut key

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to turn off language shortcut key: How to turn off language shortcut key ? Because when I play team building PUBG game, I often press this switch Thank you very much ! [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-turn-off-language-shortcut-key/40379a7e-b0f2-43f8-8335-ba634d4637be
  8. Is there proper Win10 setting to switch off these shield overlays in 2020?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there proper Win10 setting to switch off these shield overlays in 2020?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/karazjo [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eqv7ct/is_there_proper_win10_setting_to_switch_off_these/
  9. How to turn off Language switch bar

How to turn off Language switch bar: Hello! After last November update, when switching languages, I've started to get this bar with all languages i use (switch between) on the side of the screen. Why microsoft just adding stuff that I don't need and there is no instruction how to remove this trash! So...
  10. How to turn off Language switch bar

How to turn off Language switch bar: Hello! After last November update, when switching languages, I've started to get this bar with all languages i use (switch between) on the side of the screen. Why microsoft just adding stuff that I don't need and there is no instruction how to remove this trash! So...