Windows 10: Language translation

Discus and support Language translation in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My laptop is translating things into English. Fine but it's translating French addresses which is causing me problems. How do I switch off... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by robertweston3, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Language translation

My laptop is translating things into English. Fine but it's translating French addresses which is causing me problems. How do I switch off translation?

:)

robertweston3, Jul 2, 2020
  2. W1zzard Win User

Important Info regarding Translations

Language translation Capture281.jpg

• Only the tooltip texts will be translated (like the one in the screenshot, mouseover for entries in the main window and for the sensor labels).
    • Submit suggestions only if you are a native speaker of that language and have experience with the technical terms used.
    • Subscribe to threads of "your" translation so you can easily be notified of updates.
    • Any language can be added as long as all/most of its texts are translated.
    • Please make sure you use proper spelling, grammar etc.
    • Translated texts will be provided to TPU free of charge and become property of TPU
    To add a new translation, make a new thread in this forum. Do not make multiple threads for the same language.
    You are free to use the target language in your discussions in that thread, but please use english if you want me to understand something *Wink Language translation ;)

W1zzard, Aug 5, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Insiders: Translator for Outlook – Read emails in preferred language

Source: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...4-70612645444a

Brink, Aug 5, 2020
  4. Language translation

Installed Translator for Microsoft Edge but language is in Japanese

Hello,

To clarify, are you pertaining to the Translator for Microsoft Edge? If it's in Japanese, this suggests that
    the language settings were only partially applied, and we would need to completely change the
    Windows 10 language to English. Here's how we can do that:

1) Change the language via Settings.

• Press the Windows key + I on your keyboard to open Settings.
    • Click Time & language > Region & language > and then under
      Languages, click Add a language.
    • Choose English, and install the language pack.
    • Once finished, click on it and choose to Set as default.

2) Change the language via Control Panel.

• Press the Windows key + X on your keyboard and select
      Control Panel
    • Click Add a language > Advanced settings in the left pane >
      Apply language settings to the Welcome screen, system accounts, and new user accounts.
    • Once the window opens, select Copy Settings and ensure the
      Welcome screen and system accounts
      and New user accounts boxes are ticked.
    • Once done, click OK, and reboot your computer.

After that, you should be able to have English as the only language on your computer. Otherwise, please let us know and we'll continue to help.

Jairit Bet, Aug 5, 2020
Thema:

Language translation

1. Language translation - Similar Threads - Language translation

2. Uanble to download language pack for translator app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Uanble to download language pack for translator app: I use translator a lot, and want to use it offline if necessary, on my Windows 10 laptop. I have tried to download the Greek language pack using ... / language packs / install in the app but nothing happens. I also tried to download Spanish as a test, and again nothing...
  3. Translator in Windows 10 - Language pack for offline use vanishes after 24 hours

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Translator in Windows 10 - Language pack for offline use vanishes after 24 hours: Tested on x4 Windows 10 PC's with same result. The Translator app is downloaded from the Microsoft Store, installed with no issues, and works well. 24 hours from the time of install of the Translator app, it vanishes... GONE. A presummed bug as this issues has been reported...
  4. sfc scan result translation into human language

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    sfc scan result translation into human language: [ATTACH] I have problem with windows defender real-time. What am I supposed to do with this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/sfc-scan-result-translation-into-human-language/876c6813-8d4c-4d07-8244-c82cff3346a6
  5. Bug in Explorer Search: Kind property values not translated to local language

in Cortana
    Bug in Explorer Search: Kind property values not translated to local language: Bug in Explorer Search: Kind property values not translated to local language https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/search/-search-3x-advancedquerysyntax#keyword-use-in-local-languages "In Windows 7 and later, mnemonic keywords work in the system language only, such...
  6. urdu language pack for translation

in Windows 10 Customization
    urdu language pack for translation: I need help to get Urdu Language Pack for instant Translation from English to Urdu in MS word. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/urdu-language-pack-for-translation/727ff9a0-1f51-4fa5-bfdd-1c8958a55f53
  7. when i change my language to english , some display not completely translate to english.

in Windows 10 Customization
    when i change my language to english , some display not completely translate to english.: Dears , Is there any methods we could fix this problem. why there is a few part still in chinese? I also change the Administrative Language to chinese, But no effect on these display. [ATTACH]...
  8. Microsoft Translator Download Language Offline no working

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Translator Download Language Offline no working: Hello, loaded the Microsoft Translator and want need to work offline. When I try to download the language packages I need, it provides the list of available languages, but does not start downloading -- in fact, there seems to be no way to select a language. I have clicked...
  9. Google Translate adds five languages

in Windows 10 News
    Google Translate adds five languages: Millions of people around the world use Google Translate, whether in a verbal conversation, or while navigating a menu or reading a webpage online. Translate learns from existing translations, which are most often found on the web. Languages without a lot of web content have...
  10. Disable or enable website language translation; Add or Change display language in Microsoft...

in Windows 10 News
    Disable or enable website language translation; Add or Change display language in Microsoft...: [ATTACH]Microsoft Edge is equipped with a native feature that brings translation features to the browser. In this post, we will show you how to disable […] This post Disable or enable website language translation; Add or Change display language in Microsoft Edge is from...