Windows 10: Language Won't Change Despite Changing Settings

Discus and support Language Won't Change Despite Changing Settings in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I realise this question has been asked before but after going through multiple different versions of the same questions and doing everything that the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by WarrenSYL, Nov 29, 2018.

1. WarrenSYL Win User

Language Won't Change Despite Changing Settings

I realise this question has been asked before but after going through multiple different versions of the same questions and doing everything that the answers suggested I still cannot change the language completely. When I was in South America a few years ago I signed up for my Microsoft account after buying a cheap laptop for use while there and naturally it assumed I was a Spanish speaking person. To this day I STILL cannot get rid of bits of Spanish here and there. I've set the language to English in Settings, in Control Panel, on the Taskbar, on the Microsoft Account Settings pages and probably multiple other places. Yet it seems to actually be getting worse. I just bought a new computer here in my home country of South Africa (where you will struggle to meet a Spanish person walking the streets) and for some bizarre reason it's literally changed the titles within Explorer to Spanish ones. I cannot understand why the hell it would do this. Documents is Documentos, Desktop is Escritorio and so on. I've bought two other PCs in the time since my trip to South America and this never happened before, but there have always been some Spanish bits popping up here and there since then, but never to this extent - so why is it getting worse? My language is set to English in every single place I can fathom, but still there is Spanish popping up. I'm really starting to get annoyed here so would be rather grateful to anyone who could help me!

:)

WarrenSYL, Nov 29, 2018
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 8.1 update changed the language, can't change back

Maybe, these will help... it seems it is a common enough problem.

Language packs are no longer available after you upgrade to Windows 8.1

And, sort of the same here --> Add a language or keyboard

Quote from above MS web page:

Spoiler Download and install language packs
    You'll need to download the language pack if you want to make a language your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps).
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click a language that says Language pack available underneath, and then tap or click Options.
    • Tap or click Download. The download process might take a while, depending on your PC and the size of the language pack.
      If you want to make this your display language, see the next section "Change your Windows display language".
    Change your Windows display language
    To change your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps), first add a language, download and install the language pack, and then follow these steps.
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click the language that you want to set as your display language.
    • Tap or click Set as primary to move the language to the top of the list. If the language can become your Windows display language, you'll see Will be display language after next sign-in appear under the language.
    • Sign out and then sign back in to finish.
    And here is some more info --> Add Language Packs to Windows

95Viper, Nov 29, 2018
  3. zbook Win User
    Volume Mute Light won´t change color

Macrium is used frequently in this forum. There are experts in using it to recover drives. It's unclear as to why you are struggling to use it. I had not used it and just tried it for the first time and it went smoothly. Maybe these images might help?

Language Won't Change Despite Changing Settings [​IMG]

zbook, Nov 29, 2018
  4. Language Won't Change Despite Changing Settings

change language

Hi,

Let's change your system language by following these steps:

• Open Settings.
    • Select Time and Language.
    • Open Region and Language.
    • Click Add a Language, and select the language that you want to use.
    • Click the language that you added and select Set as default.
    Update us with the outcome.

Antoneth Ber, Nov 29, 2018
Thema:

Language Won't Change Despite Changing Settings

1. Language Won't Change Despite Changing Settings - Similar Threads - Language Won't Change

2. Keyboard language layout won't change despite language options being correctly set

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard language layout won't change despite language options being correctly set: I have two languages correctly installed on my computer - both as display and language preference along with keyboard layouts etc. I can toggle between languages on screen but it doesn't always change the keyboard language layout. For example, after toggling to a new language...
  3. Keyboard language layout won't change despite language options being correctly set

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard language layout won't change despite language options being correctly set: I have two languages correctly installed on my computer - both as display and language preference along with keyboard layouts etc. I can toggle between languages on screen but it doesn't always change the keyboard language layout. For example, after toggling to a new language...
  4. Keyboard is changing settings not language

Keyboard is changing settings not language: Hi, Every so often 2-3 times a day my keyboard is changing settings and is no longer usable. For example none of the letter keys type anything, a shortcut to closer a browser for example ctrl + w does not work and escape button opens a new file explorer page. I've gone into...
  5. Keyboard is changing settings not language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard is changing settings not language: Hi, Every so often 2-3 times a day my keyboard is changing settings and is no longer usable. For example none of the letter keys type anything, a shortcut to closer a browser for example ctrl + w does not work and escape button opens a new file explorer page. I've gone into...
  6. Windows 11 won't change language

Windows 11 won't change language: I just updated to Windows 11 from Windows 10 on a laptop I bought in Guatemala a long time ago, however, now that I switched version my display language has been set to spanish, I want to set it to english since that's my set language for everything else aside from the system...
  7. Windows 10 Weather won't change from F to Celsius despite changing it in the settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Weather won't change from F to Celsius despite changing it in the settings: Straight off allow me to blow off steam, Windows 10 has turned into a buggy mess with its newer features. What absolute rubbish. Okay, as to my problem. Weather only shows temperature in Celsius. I went to the settings, changed it from F to C. Still the same. Any way to force...
  8. Windows 10 Weather won't change from F to Celsius despite changing it in the settings

Windows 10 Weather won't change from F to Celsius despite changing it in the settings: Straight off allow me to blow off steam, Windows 10 has turned into a buggy mess with its newer features. What absolute rubbish. Okay, as to my problem. Weather only shows temperature in Celsius. I went to the settings, changed it from F to C. Still the same. Any way to force...
  9. Language in some apps in Japanese despite me changing language settings back to English.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Language in some apps in Japanese despite me changing language settings back to English.: Hello! A few months ago, I changed my language settings for non unicode programs to Japanese so I could use a program without it being in broken text. Now, after not needing that app anymore, I uninstalled it and changed my language settings back to EnglishCanada. Still, some...
  10. Display Language won't change - HELP!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display Language won't change - HELP!: Hi Everyone, My display language was set to Irish but I know need to change it back to English. I have gone over all the sets such as: Setting/Time & Language and set everything to English and removed the Irish version. I rebooted the machine but its still in Irish even...