Windows 10: Languages on my computer keep changing.

Discus and support Languages on my computer keep changing. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The two preferred languages I use to type on my computer are English and Chinese but I prefer to keep everything on my computer in English. Sometimes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by leeyh01, Feb 11, 2019.

1. leeyh01 Win User

Languages on my computer keep changing.

The two preferred languages I use to type on my computer are English and Chinese but I prefer to keep everything on my computer in English. Sometimes the names of all Windows 10 default apps and the language of some other apps such as Speedtest that I downloaded from Microsoft Store are changed to Chinese automatically. And I do not know how to change it back. I tried going through the settings but could not find the solution.

Besides, there is an 'English (Malaysia)' in my preferred languages. I want to change it to 'English (United Kingdom)' but the 'English (Malaysia)' it is not even shown in the 'Language Preferences' setting so I cannot remove it. If I add 'English (United Kingdom)' then there will be two of them, which is not what I want.

And the the reason that the picture shows 'English (United States)' in my language preferences but not 'English (United Kingdom)' is because sometimes, the '@' and ' " ' symbols are swapped when I use it, so I use the US version instead. Anyone knows the solution to this one?

Any advices or solutions provided will be very much appreciated. Thank you.

Languages on my computer keep changing. 1b6e2283-77c7-4d34-9516-8f5967091fd7?upload=true.png

:)

leeyh01, Feb 11, 2019
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 8.1 update changed the language, can't change back

Maybe, these will help... it seems it is a common enough problem.

Language packs are no longer available after you upgrade to Windows 8.1

And, sort of the same here --> Add a language or keyboard

Quote from above MS web page:

Spoiler Download and install language packs
    You'll need to download the language pack if you want to make a language your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps).
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click a language that says Language pack available underneath, and then tap or click Options.
    • Tap or click Download. The download process might take a while, depending on your PC and the size of the language pack.
      If you want to make this your display language, see the next section "Change your Windows display language".
    Change your Windows display language
    To change your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps), first add a language, download and install the language pack, and then follow these steps.
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click the language that you want to set as your display language.
    • Tap or click Set as primary to move the language to the top of the list. If the language can become your Windows display language, you'll see Will be display language after next sign-in appear under the language.
    • Sign out and then sign back in to finish.
    And here is some more info --> Add Language Packs to Windows

95Viper, Feb 11, 2019
  3. Language change

Hi Peter,

It could be that the language pack is missing on your Windows 10 device. With this, we suggest that you try to add the language on your device. Here are the steps:

• Go to Control Panel.
    • Select Clock, Language, and Region.
    • Under Language, select Add a language.

You may also check the Change input methods on which language are currently installed on your device. You may also click Add a language on the
    Change your language preferences window.

Let us know how it goes and feel free to get back to us if you need further assistance.

PreciousLeb, Feb 11, 2019
  4. Languages on my computer keep changing.

unable to change the language of UI

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

To assist you better I would like to know, what was the base language for your previous Operating system?

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Remove the Existing language.

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Control panel.

• Select language.

• Click on the Option adjacent to the
      Existing language.

• Click on remove under input method.
    Step 2: Add English Language.

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Control panel.

• Select language.

• Click on Add language.

• Add the English language from the given list.

If you want a language pack:

You may refer to the suggestions posted by Andre Da Costa on the following thread.

Can I change language in Windows 10 Home edition?

Hope this information was helpful.

Sahil Bali, Feb 11, 2019
Thema:

Languages on my computer keep changing.

1. Languages on my computer keep changing. - Similar Threads - Languages computer keep

2. Language on keyboard keeps changing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Language on keyboard keeps changing: The language keeps changing in Windows 10 so every few days I go through hell trying to get my keyboard punctuation keys to stay in english. How can I ÈlockÈ them so that the correct punctuation happens when I press the corresponding key on my keyboardÉ - that was supposed to...
  3. Language on keyboard keeps changing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Language on keyboard keeps changing: The language keeps changing in Windows 10 so every few days I go through hell trying to get my keyboard punctuation keys to stay in english. How can I ÈlockÈ them so that the correct punctuation happens when I press the corresponding key on my keyboardÉ - that was supposed to...
  4. Language on keyboard keeps changing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Keyboard language keeps changing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard language keeps changing: Hi, The language setting on my keyboard keep changing and switching the keyboard from US to UK. Further, the UK language is not configured on my PC as can be seen in this picture. I have check Office, again UK is not installed (see the other pic). Any ideas as to what's...
  6. Windows keeps adding (and changing) keyboards/languages across my computers

Windows keeps adding (and changing) keyboards/languages across my computers: I have different computers, with different keyboard types (e.g. US International and Brazil ABNT). I would like to have each computer set up only to its specific keyboard. But once I correct the keyboard on one computer, Windows automatically adds (and shifst) that keyboard...
  7. Keyboard language keeps changing

Keyboard language keeps changing: I have a desktop and a laptop linked to the same Microsoft account. Both run Windows 10 Pro v1803. Both are completely in English, apart from my laptop having a Spanish keyboard. So I have 2 input methods configured – one English with English keyboard and one English with...
  8. Keyboard language keeps changing

Keyboard language keeps changing: I have a desktop and a laptop linked to the same Microsoft account. Both run Windows 10 Pro v1803. Both are completely in English, apart from my laptop having a Spanish keyboard. So I have 2 input methods configured – one English with English keyboard and one English with...
  9. keyboard language keeps changing

keyboard language keeps changing: Since the last windows update my keyboard language keeps changing. That problem did not occur before the update but I can not get rid of it now. system language is English but keyboard is German (for practical reasons). I used override for default input method and German...
  10. language bar keeps changing

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    language bar keeps changing: I set it to my lanugage Turkey as TUR whenever I restart or close and open the pc the the language changes. I just want the keyboard language to stay on TUR. 42449