Windows 10: languages preferred

Discus and support languages preferred in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; [IMG]Hi Why does African language often appear on languages preferred even though I have not chosen them?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by basilorjwan, Jan 11, 2019.

1. languages preferred

languages preferred [​IMG]Hi

Why does African language often appear on languages preferred even though I have not chosen them?

:)

basilorjwan, Jan 11, 2019
  2. NilCouv Win User

managing language preference

Hello,

I've got some ergonomic problem because I have to change my language preferences often and the "alt+maj" shortcut is wrong.

I had to deactivate this shortcut because it conflicts with video game controls and I'm unable to reassign the shortcut freely.

I waste my time by going in the taskbar to change my language preference because I write in
    both French and English, and the language preference are used to set up spell checker for several software. And also because some early access game need a QWERTY keyboard configuration.

My configuration:

• Win10 Pro (country: Belgium, Language: French(France) )
    • Two language pack are installed ("French[FRANCE]" and "English[USA]")
    • 3 keyboard configurations ("French- AZERTY", "English-QWERTY" & ""English-AZERTY")
    • The "maj+alt" shortcut is deactivated due to the conflict with game controls.

The result is:

• French - AZERTY (needed)
    • English - AZERTY (needed)
    • English - QWERTY (needed)
    • French (Belgium) -AZERTY (don't needed and I don't want it. it's due to the country setting… -_-)

languages preferred f6dbdde7-7016-40ae-aeea-e764a7275d31?upload=true.png

So the ergonomy is deeply inefficient. Does anyone have an idea how to solve this problem?

Sincerely.

NilCouv, Jan 11, 2019
  3. Filip29 Win User
    Language preferences

I access the region and language settings as you can see from pic1 I uploaded, but the problem is that English(UK) is not in the list with preferred languages so I can't remove them from there. They just appear in the task bar - down right corner, so it
    is a few extra taps on Alt+Shift to get the right layout for me. Thank you anyway for your time Pedro.

Filip29, Jan 11, 2019
  4. Amit_Sun Win User

languages preferred

Having trouble with language preferences

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We can try few of the troubleshooting steps below to further eliminate the root cause of the issue.

Method 1:

1. Navigate the Settings > Time & Language > Region & language.
    2. Under the Preferred language, if
      Bulgarian is set as first in the list, click on the down arrow key
      and make the language as second in the list.

back up the registry first.

Disclaimer: The registry is a database in Windows that contains important information about system hardware, installed programs and settings, and profiles of each of the user accounts
      on the computer. Windows often reads and updates the information in the registry.

Normally, software programs make registry changes automatically. You should not make unnecessary changes to the registry. Changing registry files incorrectly can cause Windows to stop working or make Windows report the wrong information.

If you still face the issue, reply to this post with more information.

Hope it helps.

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Jan 11, 2019
Thema:

languages preferred

1. languages preferred - Similar Threads - languages preferred

2. maybe solution2 keyboard layouts keep appearing even they aren't the preferred languages

in Windows 10 Gaming
    maybe solution2 keyboard layouts keep appearing even they aren't the preferred languages: It's not more a question than an answer to this...
  3. maybe solution2 keyboard layouts keep appearing even they aren't the preferred languages

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    maybe solution2 keyboard layouts keep appearing even they aren't the preferred languages: It's not more a question than an answer to this...
  4. How to change the preferred display language on Windows 11 Home SL edition ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change the preferred display language on Windows 11 Home SL edition ?: My friend, who lives in China, purchased a laptop there with Windows 11 Home SL installed, but it is in Chinese. He is unable to change the language to English. Can he buy a Windows 11 Pro key and upgrade the system by going to Settings > Update & Security > Activation >...
  5. How to change the preferred display language on Windows 11 Home SL edition ?

How to change the preferred display language on Windows 11 Home SL edition ?: My friend, who lives in China, purchased a laptop there with Windows 11 Home SL installed, but it is in Chinese. He is unable to change the language to English. Can he buy a Windows 11 Pro key and upgrade the system by going to Settings > Update & Security > Activation >...
  6. How can I set a preferred font for each language on Windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I set a preferred font for each language on Windows?: Windows includes two Unicode fonts for Malayalam scripts, namely Karthika and Nirmala. However, I find these fonts to be extremely unappealing, and I would like Windows to use other Malayalam fonts as default that I have installed from the Swathanthra Malayalam Computing...
  7. How can I set a preferred font for each language on Windows?

How can I set a preferred font for each language on Windows?: Windows includes two Unicode fonts for Malayalam scripts, namely Karthika and Nirmala. However, I find these fonts to be extremely unappealing, and I would like Windows to use other Malayalam fonts as default that I have installed from the Swathanthra Malayalam Computing...
  8. How to have multiple preferred languages, but onlz one kezboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to have multiple preferred languages, but onlz one kezboard: I would like to have multiple Preferred languages *because some apps- displaz languages are in the first Preferred language – and I would like that to be English, but at the same time, I onlz want to have one kezboard lazout *of mz second Preferred language. However, I cannot...
  9. How to have multiple preferred languages, but onlz one kezboard

How to have multiple preferred languages, but onlz one kezboard: I would like to have multiple Preferred languages *because some apps- displaz languages are in the first Preferred language – and I would like that to be English, but at the same time, I onlz want to have one kezboard lazout *of mz second Preferred language. However, I cannot...
  10. Where do I change my email language preference?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where do I change my email language preference?: Hi,I've been getting official microsoft emails in Japanese for years now, and i've managed as they are usually just login code sorts of emails - but I feel like I should be able to read the entire thing. My account is set to US and default language as English. I haven't seen...