Windows 10: Lap top will not completely forget external monitor.

Discus and support Lap top will not completely forget external monitor. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a lap top with a second monitor and utilize them mainly for photo editing software and scrapbooking software simultaneously. I often need to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JuliaCalhoun, Mar 3, 2019.

1. Lap top will not completely forget external monitor.

I have a lap top with a second monitor and utilize them mainly for photo editing software and scrapbooking software simultaneously. I often need to bring just my lap top to events, so I disable the external monitor. It will no longer completely forget that monitor. I have tried every method suggested by friends and Google. While making a choice in one of the software programs, a box will pop up with the next question, and when I am on two monitors it always goes to the other one. When I disable the second monitor, even unplug the HDMI, the box that should pop up doesn't show up on my lap top. I am then stuck, unable to proceed until I plug the monitor back in and change my settings to dual monitors. Then, the box that popped up shows on the second monitor. I can't have this happen when I am out of the house working in these programs. Any thoughts?

:)

JuliaCalhoun, Mar 3, 2019

2. Forget second monitor completely

Hi Shovyd,

Settings created for external devices are also remembered by Windows. Basically, you just need to configure your display settings when the external monitors are connected. From my understanding, your primary display (your laptop) appears blank when the secondary
    monitor is connected. If this is the case, try these steps:

1. Right-click on the Start menu button, and select Settings.
    2. Select System.
    3. On the Display tab, change the Multiple displays settings to
      Extend these displays.

Lap top will not completely forget external monitor. 2dc60c51-790f-4534-ba5f-169640f91986?upload=true.jpg

These will then be remembered by Windows the next time you reconnect your external monitor/s.

If you would like me to provide additional advice, simply respond to this thread. I will get notified and I’ll reply to you as soon as I can.

Adrianne Buc, Mar 3, 2019
  3. duplicating laptop and external monitor screen

Thank you for the response

I tried this.

Does not work

I can see display on either the lap top or the external monitor; however, when I try duplicate, only shows on laptop. The external monitor goes to sleep

Appreciate any feedback

CQ Associates, Mar 3, 2019
  4. DMG2018 Win User

Lap top will not completely forget external monitor.

External Monitor Connection?

Why cant I not connect my Dell SE-2717 external monitor to my new Dell Inspiron 15 2-in-1 lap top? It works sometimes and most of the time it doesn't. Very frustrating.

Thank You

DMG2018, Mar 3, 2019
Thema:

Lap top will not completely forget external monitor.

1. Lap top will not completely forget external monitor. - Similar Threads - Lap top completely

2. lap top external monitor connection issue.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lap top external monitor connection issue.: My HP lap top external monitor is disconnected and reconnected again automatically and non-regularly. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lap-top-external-monitor-connection-issue/8cbd24f9-fa2d-426f-b010-398bb923965e
  3. lap top external monitor connection issue.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    lap top external monitor connection issue.: My HP lap top external monitor is disconnected and reconnected again automatically and non-regularly. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lap-top-external-monitor-connection-issue/8cbd24f9-fa2d-426f-b010-398bb923965e
  4. cam on lap top

in Windows 10 Customization
    cam on lap top: can anyone help me to figure out te way i can get my camera working again after the update my laptop i can no longer find my cam it finds my aduio but it says i dont have oned hooked up...
  5. extra monitor with my lap top

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    extra monitor with my lap top: Is it possible to set up an additional monitor next to my laptop... essentially creating dual monitors but with a stand alone monitor and a laptop? Its what I'm working with... likely not but throwing out the question anyway......
  6. lap top battery

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    lap top battery: My dell laptop is displaying that the battery is not recognized, i have run diagnostics when booting and the result is that the battery health is 48%. is there a way of bypassing the battery check so that the laptop can continue charging as i dont have a possibility of...
  7. Stole lap top

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Stole lap top: Someone stole my laptop. I think they have removed my microsoft account from it because when i go to try to see my devices it is no longer on my account. Can it ( my account ) be restored on my device ( laptop ) remotely or something so i can locate it?...
  8. lap top

lap top: audio I have a red x on the icon audio no sound at all https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lap-top/6fe4756d-c0b4-4272-a0af-8de6694112ee
  9. lap top

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    lap top: Hello I want to take my lap top back to factory mode and start afresh. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_news/lap-top/791f4c4f-fc52-4287-bbe9-41842fa4de12
  10. Forget second monitor completely

Forget second monitor completely: Hi all. Simple question, how can I make sure the next time I plugged my second monitor on my laptop it won't used the settings I've chosen last time. Right now the second monitor is unusable (analog cut 67.5khz / 60khz, cant figure whats going on here) and each time I plug...