Windows 10: Laplink transfer changes Operating System on new PC

Discus and support Laplink transfer changes Operating System on new PC in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a PC running Win 10 Home. I have purchased a new PC running OEM-installed Win 10 Professional. Becasue EasyTransfer is not included in Win... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DavidRSmith107, Aug 14, 2020.

1. Laplink transfer changes Operating System on new PC

I have a PC running Win 10 Home.

I have purchased a new PC running OEM-installed Win 10 Professional.

Becasue EasyTransfer is not included in Win 10, I have purchased the Microsoft-recommended solution, Laplink PC Transfer.

When carrying out the transfer, Laplink causes the new PCs operating system to revert to Win 10 Home. The Win 10 Pro disk supplied with the new PC cannot be used to upgrade to Win 10 Pro after the transfer, but I was able to use it to do a clean re-install of Win 10 Pro. If I then carry out the Lapllink transfer again, the new PC again reverts to Win 10 Home. I have raised this with Laplink now in 3 separate service calls, and failed to get an answer.

Advice or suggestions, please.

How do I transfer everything to my new PC and still retain the Win 10 Pro OS I paid for?

:)

DavidRSmith107, Aug 14, 2020
  2. Mohan B P Win User

issue with laplink express

Hi,

I realize the issue you are facing in installation.

To assist you better, please answer the below;

• Are you getting any error messages?

• Are using Windows 10 in both the computers?

• Have you tried installing the Laplink software in a different PC and checked whether it works?

I suggest you to refer to the below link to transfer the files.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/...settings-from-another-computer#1TC=windows-10

Laplink express is not Microsoft Product therefore Laplink Express support can help better for issues related to this application.
    Refer the below link to contact Laplink Express support.

http://www.laplink.com/index.php/support

I hope the given information is helpful. Kindly write back to us for further assistance.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Aug 14, 2020
  3. Issues with Laplink transfer

Hi Rose,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It's unfortunate that you are facing this issue. We know it's frustrating when things don't work as expected. Let me assist you with this.

Its not guaranteed the programs you transfer using Laplink will work.

If you want to move your programs, you should create a system image and restore it on the new machine:

How to Create a System Image in Windows 10

• Open the Control Panel

Click on System and Security>>File History>>System Image Backup.

• Click on the Create a System Image link on the left side.

• Windows will quickly search for available backup devices.

• Select the location you want to save your system image to.

• At this point you can select any available drives you would like to be included in the backup.

• Click/tap on Start backup to begin the imaging process.

• The imaging process will now begin.

• When the process has completed you can click
      Close

You can also refer to the suggestion provided in the below Microsoft Help Article and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/windows-easy-transfer-is-not-available-in-windows-10

Hope this helps, let us know if you need further assistance.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Aug 14, 2020
  4. Laplink transfer changes Operating System on new PC

Issues with Laplink transfer

I need a better option to transfer files. I am on the 39 hour of transferring files using Laplink and it is locked up with 1/4 of the files transferred. I am not happy with this product as I have had two computers running non-stop for 2 days and still
    can't use my new one. Is there a better option?

Note to community - Laplink free version of PCMover is not doing the job. Maybe a version that cost $$$ is better.

RoseStraebel, Aug 14, 2020
Thema:

Laplink transfer changes Operating System on new PC

1. Laplink transfer changes Operating System on new PC - Similar Threads - Laplink transfer changes

2. How to transfer Windows operating system license to another system

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to transfer Windows operating system license to another system: Hi Support,I am using Windows 10 Professional retail license. The existing system having some display problems and i want to transfer the existing Windows 10 Professional license to another New system.What is the procedure and how to deactivate the Windows 10 license in the...
  3. How to transfer Windows operating system license to another system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to transfer Windows operating system license to another system: Hi Support,I am using Windows 10 Professional retail license. The existing system having some display problems and i want to transfer the existing Windows 10 Professional license to another New system.What is the procedure and how to deactivate the Windows 10 license in the...
  4. How to transfer Windows operating system license to another system

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Changing operating system

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Changing operating system: I have a dell latitude e6500 running Windows 10 i demolished the OS by deleting a bunch of system32 files,. .NET_Microsost, anyway the point is i cant fix this operating system no matter what. My question is if i install Ubuntu on my phones sd card can i put it in my laptop...
  6. Changing the operating system

Changing the operating system: After I install windows 10 many parts in my laptop have broken [dongle, web camera , key board etc]. Now my laptop got automatic repair loop that cannot be stoppable. Only thing I want is a method to buy a genuine product key for windows 7. Can you mention a method to buy it...
  7. How to Change Operating system

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to Change Operating system: How to Change Window Phone, Window Operating system into Android operating System. Phone (Microsoft Lumia 640 xl Dual Sim) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-operating-system/55af8dba-f940-4e95-bb93-d8470e599967
  8. New Operating System!

New Operating System!: Is there a new upcoming operating system after Windows-10 in the near future? (like windows 11 or 12 or something like this?) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-operating-system/fe2c4972-973d-42a4-8b35-c1a08c775127
  9. Laplink transfers

Laplink transfers: When you move a program from C: to D: ,and a later update comes out, that could be a problem. The update would be looking for C: when the software is on D: Any way around this? 113559
  10. Files , folder's & more transferred for free with Laplink .

Files , folder's & more transferred for free with Laplink .: Hello everybody , hope you all have a happy holiday season: Bill , (SlartyBart ) wanted this info posted to help fellow members : Move folders, files and more, for free* Microsoft has partnered with Laplink to provide you with data transfer tools that transfer...