Windows 10: lapotp drains when shut down

Discus and support lapotp drains when shut down in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a laptop that drains battery when it is shut down I have tried everything doing a factory reset checking drivers but nothing works, I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by RyanSimpsonxp, Dec 3, 2023.

1. lapotp drains when shut down

I have a laptop that drains battery when it is shut down I have tried everything doing a factory reset checking drivers but nothing works, I have another Laptop that is stuck in automatic repair and nothing works that I try with that either

:)

RyanSimpsonxp, Dec 3, 2023
  2. Ernie San Win User

Windows 10 is unable to complete shut down

We suggest doing these troubleshooting steps below:

Method 1. Hard Reset

• Shut down your computer.
    • Remove the cable and wires connected to your computer.
    • Press the Power button for 10 seconds to completely drain your device.
    • Check if there's any changes.
    Method 2. Shutdown trick.

• Press Windows key.
    • Press and hold Shift.
    • Click the Power icon.
    • Select and click Shutdown.
    Let us know the outcome.

Ernie San, Dec 3, 2023
  3. Won't shut down or restart -- error X0X

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I would like to ask what are the methods that you have tried to solve the issue.

The issue might occur if the computer is not shut down properly. so, I suggest you to perform a power drain by follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Shut down the Computer.
    • Remove all power source (including battery if it is a laptop).
    • Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Connect the power source and start the computer.
    • After the computer boots to the desktop, suggest you to install all the pending updates.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 3, 2023
  4. lapotp drains when shut down

Battery Drain after shutting down windows 10

Hi Rajesh,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

Apologize for the difficulties that you're experiencing in Windows 10.

Please be assured that we will do our best to help you.

Battery drain may be caused by a number of reasons. Most of them are meant to be like that (Wake-on-lan capability, scheduled wake up tasks, hybrid sleep, etc.). Others are "bugs", in that they are not meant to use power when hibernating. When
    trying to eliminate battery drain, ALL of the possible factors have to be adressed, otherwise drain may still be the case.

Let us try the following steps, and check if it helps.

Step 1: You can run the Power troubleshooter to adjust your computer's power settings.

The Power troubleshooter checks things like your computer's timeout settings, which determine how long the computer waits before turning off the monitor display or entering sleep mode. Adjusting these settings can help you conserve power and
    extend your computer's battery life.

• Press Windows key + X key and Select Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.

• Select View All on the top left corner.

• Run Power troubleshooter.
    Step 2: Uninstall Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery, restart the computer and check.

1. To un-install the default drivers, press Windows + R together to open the
    Run prompt.

2. Type devmgmt.msc and press enter. This will open Device Manager.

3. On Device Manager, browser to Batteries > Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery,
    right-click on it and click Uninstall. After this restart the laptop and the battery charging should start.

You may also refer to the suggestion by VVJ81 from the following link and check if it helps.

Redirecting+

You may also refer to the following article for more information:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/tips-save-battery-power

(Applies to Windows 10 as well).

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Dec 3, 2023
Thema:

lapotp drains when shut down

1. lapotp drains when shut down - Similar Threads - lapotp drains shut

2. lapotp drains when shut down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    lapotp drains when shut down: I have a laptop that drains battery when it is shut down I have tried everything doing a factory reset checking drivers but nothing works, I have another Laptop that is stuck in automatic repair and nothing works that I try with that either...
  3. lapotp drains when shut down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    lapotp drains when shut down: I have a laptop that drains battery when it is shut down I have tried everything doing a factory reset checking drivers but nothing works, I have another Laptop that is stuck in automatic repair and nothing works that I try with that either...
  4. Why is my laptop draining power when I shut it down?

Why is my laptop draining power when I shut it down?: A few mouths ago I notice that the charging light on my laptop was red and the battery was drained to 62% power , now when I plug in my laptop it is drained almost completely, I have tried changing my settings doing a factory reset but nothing seems to fix it I checked for...
  5. Why is my laptop draining power when I shut it down?

Why is my laptop draining power when I shut it down?: A few mouths ago I notice that the charging light on my laptop was red and the battery was drained to 62% power , now when I plug in my laptop it is drained almost completely, I have tried changing my settings doing a factory reset but nothing seems to fix it I checked for...
  6. Windows 11 Shut Down Battery Drain

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Shut Down Battery Drain: I recently purchased a refurbished Dell Inspiron 15 3520 i7-1255U running Windows 11.I noticed that the battery drains a surprising amount and the underside of the case remains fairly warm when the machine has been shut down. For example, it typically loses 50-80% of its...
  7. Windows 11 Shut Down Battery Drain

Windows 11 Shut Down Battery Drain: I recently purchased a refurbished Dell Inspiron 15 3520 i7-1255U running Windows 11.I noticed that the battery drains a surprising amount and the underside of the case remains fairly warm when the machine has been shut down. For example, it typically loses 50-80% of its...
  8. Battery drains when laptop is shut down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Battery drains when laptop is shut down: ASUS Rog Strix III Laptop. Before I start: I have hibernate sleep disabled, Fast start up disabled and I disabled suspended standby I think, but I can't find it anymore. Not sure while MS always moves those things around or renames them. Especially when they cause known...
  9. Battery is draining after shutting down the laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Battery is draining after shutting down the laptop: Hi I am facing an issue with my laptop's battery for past few days. After charging it to 100% i use it for 2 hours or so reaching up to 60%. Then I shut down my laptop and reopen it again after sometimes it doesn't turn on until I plug it with the charger with power source...
  10. Laptop not fully shutting down - draining the battery

Laptop not fully shutting down - draining the battery: About half the time when I shut down my laptop, everything on the screen cycles like every correct shut down and the screen goes dark, but the LED 'on' light stays on and the unit keeps running (without any sound) and eventually drains the battery. I do nothing different than...