Windows 10: Lappie wakes from sleep immediately!

Discus and support Lappie wakes from sleep immediately! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I use the Shutdown/Sleep command my laptop goes to sleep. Except that it wakes again immediately. powercfg lastwake told me the ACPI-Lid was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by perdrix, Dec 20, 2015.

1. perdrix Win User

Lappie wakes from sleep immediately!

When I use the Shutdown/Sleep command my laptop goes to sleep. Except that it wakes again immediately. powercfg lastwake told me the ACPI-Lid was responsible.

So yes, opening the lid when it is closed should wake the computer, but if the lid is open when the computer is told to sleep, it shouldn't wake until the lid has been closed and then re-opened

Dell M6800 BIOS level A16 FWIW

Any ideas on this one?

Thanks, Dave

:)

perdrix, Dec 20, 2015
  2. MSuser89 Win User

computer wake up from sleep mode by itself windows 10

computer wake up from sleep mode by itself windows 10 right when in goes into sleep mode. so it wakes up immediately after going into sleep mode. how to fix?

MSuser89, Dec 20, 2015
  3. TinaHdk Win User
    Solved: Win10: Displays does not enter sleep mode at all

Update:

After Threshold 2 was installed the powersave works on the monitors and most of the time also in putting the PC to sleep.

The most annoying problem now is that it wakes up from sleep seemingly without any reason. But hopefully that will be rectified in a later update. It is possible to live with as it is now.

But even with all the small and bigger problems I have faced (with the PC - not the lappy) I still like Win 10. It's kind'a cute.

So: thanks Microsoft!!

Hugz Tina

TinaHdk, Dec 20, 2015
  4. perdrix Win User

Stranger yet, if I disable the lid and use the sleep button, it still wakes up immediately after going to sleep.

Dave

perdrix, Dec 25, 2015
  5. Saltgrass Win User
    Try the Powercfg /requests command and see what it shows. These commands need to be run at an appropriate time to make sure the info is accurate.

Saltgrass, Dec 25, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Dec 25, 2015
  7. 1nitram2 Win User
    My panacea for all power switching problems is to disable Intel Management Engine Interface in Device Manager.
    It is supposed to work with BIOS and various driver to make power switching run smoothly but it quite often does the opposite. Some people have success by going back to a v9 driver instead of the v11 that is usually install but this does not work for me. I've done it on several systems and nobody has had any problems with it disabled, one person uninstalled it instead of disabling and it reinstalled itself presumable with the help of Windows Update.

1nitram2, Dec 25, 2015
  8. perdrix Win User

The system has returned from a low power state.

Sleep Time: ‎2015‎-‎12‎-‎25T11:40:24.636057300Z
    Wake Time: ‎2015‎-‎12‎-‎25T12:41:53.106358400Z

Wake Source: Unknown

perdrix, Dec 25, 2015
  9. perdrix Win User
    >powercfg /requests
    DISPLAY:
    None.

SYSTEM:
    None.

AWAYMODE:
    None.

EXECUTION:
    None.

PERFBOOST:
    None.

Dave

perdrix, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Lappie wakes from sleep immediately! - Similar Threads - Lappie wakes sleep

2. PC Wakes from sleep immediately and It will not go to sleep at all

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Wakes from sleep immediately and It will not go to sleep at all: Whenever I put my pc to sleep It immediately wakes back up right after it ticks off. I am at a loss of what I can do for this issue, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-wakes-itself-up-from-sleep-mode/0c7209b0-5588-4cc1-acfa-54700429f3fcv I...
  3. PC Wakes from sleep immediately and It will not go to sleep at all

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Wakes from sleep immediately and It will not go to sleep at all: Whenever I put my pc to sleep It immediately wakes back up right after it ticks off. I am at a loss of what I can do for this issue, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-wakes-itself-up-from-sleep-mode/0c7209b0-5588-4cc1-acfa-54700429f3fcv I...
  4. Win 11 PC immediately wakes from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 PC immediately wakes from sleep: when selecting sleep as an option or simply letting the pc go to sleep on it's own it will display a black screen then immediately show the login screen.I've made sure to disable wake on LAN in my bios as well as disabled the option to wake the pc from each device in device...
  5. PC keeps waking up from sleep immediately

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC keeps waking up from sleep immediately: Hello, recently my pc instantly wakes up from sleep. I checked lastwake and got this:Wake History Count - 1 Wake History [0] Wake Source Count - 1 Wake Source [0] Type: Device Instance Path: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_43ED&SUBSYS_43ED1849&REV_11\3&11583659&0&A0 Friendly Name: IntelR...
  6. Computer wakes up from Sleep mode immediately

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer wakes up from Sleep mode immediately: I finished building a new PC and encountered an issue.Sometimes, my pc wakes up from sleep mode immediately. Noticed, it didn't happen every time I put my pc to sleep mode. The sleep issue occurs randomly.I tried a lot of methods, but it didn't work.Even Viewer no show even...
  7. Computer wakes up from Sleep mode immediately

Computer wakes up from Sleep mode immediately: It wasn't doing this before, I followed a few guides and disabled a few thing that should have not wake up the computer, and it's still instantly waking up i'm using windows 10, I really wanna fix this problem so i can let my computer rest...
  8. Computer wakes from sleep immediately after putting to sleep

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Computer wakes from sleep immediately after putting to sleep: The problem i have is when i select to put my PC into sleep mode (Start>Power icon>Sleep). The screen goes black as if its entering sleep mode, but then almost immediately 'wakes up' and my video cam starts looking for a face to scan. I'm "assuming" this is related to...
  9. Windows 10 - Wakes immediately from sleep.

Windows 10 - Wakes immediately from sleep.: Windows 10 Pro x-64, Ver. 1903 - With Sleep set, to 20 mun, it sleeps, but wakes immediately - within a few seconds. Curiously, the monitor, which is set to shut off at the same time, remains off. PC is a refurbished Dell 9010, with i-7 CPU.....
  10. BSOD immediately after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD immediately after waking from sleep: Hi All. I'm getting a blue screen advising "ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY" a couple of seconds after my computer wakes from sleep mode. It's not sporadic as it happens every time. I've downloaded the log collector and attached the ZIP file to this post. First time...