Windows 10: Lappy Loaded with Malware-Type Stuff

Discus and support Lappy Loaded with Malware-Type Stuff in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Looks like I've gotten into something Gramma's Lye Soap won't take off. There are a number of "security" type apps on the Lappy that I don't... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Wynona, Nov 4, 2017.

1. Wynona Win User

Lappy Loaded with Malware-Type Stuff

Looks like I've gotten into something Gramma's Lye Soap won't take off.

There are a number of "security" type apps on the Lappy that I don't recognize and have never heard anyone at TF mention. *Sad

What would be a good site to get info on them? It's been awhile since I got hold of anything like this.

PC Accellerate seems to be able to find problems, but then wants you to pay to get rid of 'em. *Sad So, it's outta here!

Search.searchwti.com seems to be a browser hijacker. Yup, gone!

And the list goes on with PUPs, Malware, Adware, etc.

I'm thinking seriously of just doing a clean install, since she's only up to 15063, has no personal files on the Lappy, and uses it mostly for entertainment. Which is why I'm considering a clean install . . .

The computer is slower than molasses in January right now. Oh, well, no wonder! PCaccelerate tells me there are 175 issues slowing down the computer . . . And, of course, they'll take 'em off for a $100 fee, according to my friend.

Whatcha think, guys and gals?

:)

Wynona, Nov 4, 2017

2. Windows Home apparently will force updates to happen.

I have seen updates .. Been on a computer since Window's XP to Vista,to Window's 7 and now Window's 8.1 .. I hate the 8.1's tile junk .. I still do most security updates for it .. But I've caught some with viruses in them..By the way the Window's 8.1 version
    is Home. The New Microsoft Internet Exploder,Lol ... My virus Software won't let it load cause of viruses.. I have Symantec Endpoint Protection.. It refuses to let it load for that reason.. I have an Acer Lappy and some of the updates has forced me to take
    the Lappy back to factory Spec's because of them... 5 times to be exact.. So.... That's why I asked the question to Microsoft..

William T.Edwards II, Nov 4, 2017
  3. homeguy23 Win User
    lumia 800 wont boot after fitted new battery

has anyone got a fix for dload driver problem, ive had a new battery fitted in my phone, now it just vibrates and doesnt switch on, i plugged it into my lappy to see whats happening via usb and it tries to load dload driver but wont, ive read that
    if dload drivers loads my phone might boot up, help please

homeguy23, Nov 4, 2017
  4. f14tomcat Win User

The case as you described, Wynona, with little on the lappy, a clean install to blow all that away is certainly a whole lot safer and quicker than trying to find all the pieces, if you could. My vote, clean install! *Smile

f14tomcat, Nov 4, 2017
  5. Edwin New Member
    I'm with @f14tomcat

Strip 'er down to bare metal!

Edwin, Nov 4, 2017
  6. Wynona Win User
    Thanks, TC. Thankfully, I warned her that a clean install might be in order.

Whoops! ByteFence is telling me I have 15 risks on my computer! They only want$15.95 to activate it. Oh, yeah, I'm gonna trip all over myself until I get it activated!

The only drawback to the clean install is that I can learn a lot about security, but I think in this case I may need to pass.

Wynona, Nov 4, 2017
  7. Wynona Win User
    Thanks, Edwin. I may just do that.

Wynona, Nov 4, 2017
  8. Bree New Member

To satisfy your curiosity, you might want to scan with AdwCleaner before doing the clean install.

Not to repair it, I hasten to add, just to see if it holds the world record for the most Malware collected *Smile

Bree, Nov 4, 2017
  9. Edwin New Member
    ... and insist on an Image Backup and Repair Disk! *Wink

Edwin, Nov 4, 2017
  10. Wynona Win User
    *ROFLMAO2*ROFLMAO2*ROFLMAO2

Oh, I'm sure it doesn't, but it will give the title holder a run for his/her money!

Next question: Any way I can keep her from clicking on every promising CrapApp out there? *Banghead

It's really a shame that these kinds of people take advantage of the less computer savvy among us.

Wynona, Nov 4, 2017
  11. Cliff S New Member
    Cliff S, Nov 4, 2017
  12. Next time, setup a safe DNS, preferably a family DNS (Norton/OpenDNS), it will block some of those webpages.
    Use some extensions to block tracking/malware webpages as well, apply filters like malware domains/spyware.

You can allow only software with a valid certificate to prevent grandma from installing some of the junk.
    Code: reg add "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System" /v "ValidateAdminCodeSignatures" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f[/quote]

TairikuOkami, Nov 4, 2017
  13. Wynona Win User

Wynona, Nov 4, 2017
  14. Wynona Win User
    [/quote] Thanks, Tairiku. I'll do that, then document it for her.

Wynona, Nov 4, 2017
  15. Cliff S New Member
    *Huh*Sad*cry

Cliff S, Nov 4, 2017
Thema:

1. Lappy Loaded with Malware-Type Stuff - Similar Threads - Lappy Loaded Malware

2. COMPUTER NOT LOADING STUFF RANDOMLY PLS HELP

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    COMPUTER NOT LOADING STUFF RANDOMLY PLS HELP: So my computers been running fine then it will load up I can sign in an it won’t let me open anything just has the blue refresh on everything an it happens in the evenings I don’t know if that matters . but I fixed it the first time by wiping the pc then I download face it...
  3. Issues with Loading "System.TypeLoadException: Could not load Type"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Issues with Loading "System.TypeLoadException: Could not load Type": Hi Guys,I am getting below error. Please help me with this.I tried solution of thishttps://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/issues-with-loading-systemtypeloadexception-could/5a27a5e0-1236-4b21-bdf2-518fe1c10907but it didn't work•- DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image...
  4. Windows Loading All Types

Windows Loading All Types: I dont know why but in my PC all types of Microsoft Loadings works in weird manner . 1. Windows Smart Defender Scan :- When I scan my whole system using Windows Samrt Defender scan then the ETA time always shows wrong time . And the loading bar suddenly raises from approx...
  5. clean install lappy..

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    clean install lappy..: Mine is a lenovo NB and IIRC if I invoke a clean install it will actually use the 'saved windows 10' which is an old version and then the system have to update itself and also there is a lot of bloatware even if it's freshly installed. Question : how do I clean install...
  6. Issues with Loading "System.TypeLoadException: Could not load Type"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Issues with Loading "System.TypeLoadException: Could not load Type": I have a Dell XPS-15 laptop with Windows 10 Pro Ver 1909, OS Build 18386.535 and on boot up I get two pop-up windows telling me that some things aren't loading - I am attaching photo copies of the two messages [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Pop-up come up after a Clean Boot start up...
  7. Improvised Cooler for Lappy

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Improvised Cooler for Lappy: Updating to 1903 and the temps were rising so I whipped up an improvised cooler. HD temps dropped 12 degrees in a just a few minutes. [img] 134909
  8. Weird stuff in system either Malware or Spyware

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Weird stuff in system either Malware or Spyware: I've had an issue with Malware/Spyware/Other ware about a month ago, ever since my computer has not performed well. When ever i open task manager it has Stuff such as Skype and Microsoft store running in the background. Plus my system attempts to write or perform something...
  9. BSOD Issues on new lappy

BSOD Issues on new lappy: I know its seems odd me posting something for help. However it seems like I have reached a stand still in terms of fixing the issue again and again. A brief background on the issue: I bought the HP notebook in the month of November and after a week or so I started getting...
  10. Lappie wakes from sleep immediately!

in Windows 10 Support
    Lappie wakes from sleep immediately!: When I use the Shutdown/Sleep command my laptop goes to sleep. Except that it wakes again immediately. powercfg lastwake told me the ACPI-Lid was responsible. So yes, opening the lid when it is closed should wake the computer, but if the lid is open when the computer is...