Windows 10: Laprtop plugged in turns off during windows updates

Discus and support Laprtop plugged in turns off during windows updates in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, Most of the time when my pc is updating, it reaches like 30 or 40 % . and then it turns off completly. Then i turn it on again from the power... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by tkarisimo, Apr 17, 2021.

1. tkarisimo Win User

Laprtop plugged in turns off during windows updates

Hello,

Most of the time when my pc is updating, it reaches like 30 or 40 % . and then it turns off completly. Then i turn it on again from the power button and it continues to update to 100%. I'm trying to install the latest windows update 20H2 but it just reaches like 40 % and my pc turns off. When i turn it back on it says "undoing changes to your computer". I have zero clue why is this happening.

:)

tkarisimo, Apr 17, 2021
  2. jbailey8 Win User

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Apr 17, 2021
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Laprtop  plugged in  turns off during windows updates :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Apr 17, 2021
  4. AsRock Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Apr 17, 2021
Thema:

1. Laprtop plugged in turns off during windows updates - Similar Threads - Laprtop plugged turns

2. pc turning off and on during windows installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pc turning off and on during windows installation: hi so i had reset my pc a few days ago and everything was going good. it started reinstalling windows and as soon as it got to 64% the monitor turned off but a few seconds later it had turned right back on so i thought everything was fine until it turned right back off again....
  3. computer turns off during update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    computer turns off during update: I was trying to download windows 11 preview today and at 50% done it turned off without my touching itive had this before with updates and it allways turns off at 50% done. is there a way to fix this...
  4. Computer Turns off automatically during Windows Update

Computer Turns off automatically during Windows Update: I use a Thinkpad T440p with Windows 10 on it. As the 20H2 update got released, I got notifications to install it.I tried once and it got stuck at 26%. I didn't mind it and thought that it would continue on. But after sometime when I came to check on it, it had been turned of...
  5. Laptop turns off during Windows 10 update

Laptop turns off during Windows 10 update: Split from this thread.while updating windows some error occurs. and laptop suddenly getting off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-turns-off-during-windows-10-update/73888841-d431-429d-a79d-6c04e879526c
  6. OK to turn off computer during update?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    OK to turn off computer during update?: Was wondering if it's OK if we turn the computer off during this process? Thanks you! submitted by /u/JoanofArc0531 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lec0z3/ok_to_turn_off_computer_during_update/
  7. Turned off during installing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Turned off during installing: Hi I just sold my pc to someone. The person arrived to collect but my pc still resetting. He had to wait outside my house. After 15 min the reset percentage finally reached 100% and I told him I'm packing it up then the screen changed to light blue background "installing...
  8. Laptop turned off during an update

Laptop turned off during an update: My laptop turned off during a windows 10 update and now every time i try to turn it on, it tells me that it is reverting the changes and restarts again. It has been in a loop like this forever now, is there a way to fix this?...
  9. Turned off during recovery

Turned off during recovery: My pc, doesn't load windows after.it switched of during windows recovery, it shows a brand's logo and a blank scrensafter it doesn't show a windows logo https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turned-off-during-recovery/5e1cca7c-5358-4403-93f2-d7a4fc46c4b0
  10. Windows10 laptop turned off during a forced update

Windows10 laptop turned off during a forced update: I turned on my laptop by accident and then windows10 tried force updating when it booted, at the same moment I was holding the power button to turn it off again. Didn’t notice the warning sign saying “do not turn off the computer” until it was too late... I am reasonably...