Windows 10: Laptop 14-dk1xxx; screen blink and computer dead after full charge.

Discus and support Laptop 14-dk1xxx; screen blink and computer dead after full charge. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Laptop 14-dk1xxx occasionally blinks blank for a moment and the restores image. Also charging cycle appears to be complete but computer needs AC power... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by JosephMargone, Dec 29, 2020.

1. Laptop 14-dk1xxx; screen blink and computer dead after full charge.

Laptop 14-dk1xxx occasionally blinks blank for a moment and the restores image. Also charging cycle appears to be complete but computer needs AC power to start. Shows 17% on power on.

:)

JosephMargone, Dec 29, 2020
  2. barndoor Win User

Flickering and blinking laptop screen

I'm using a laptop with Windows 10 and an Intel HD Graphics 4600 display adaptor. A few days ago I attached a Dell D3000 dock to my laptop, and almost immediately my laptop screen started to flicker and repeatedly blink off and on again. I disconnected the dock, which did not resolve the problem, and since then I've tried various techniques to fix the problem, but none of them have worked. In order, this comprised of:

1. attempting system restore - but all five restore points were corrupted (?!);
    2. updating the driver for the Intel display adaptor;
    3. rolling back the driver for the Intel display adaptor;
    4. uninstalling the driver for the Intel display adaptor;
    5. downloading Windows 10 from the Microsoft site and re-installing it.
    The problem has persisted even when I disconnected everything from my laptop, took it to my workplace, and switched it on there (using its battery for power); so the following possible reasons can be ruled out: its location in my house, any attached peripherals, a faulty power cable.

I am certain the problem is in some way connected to the Intel HD Graphics 4600 display adaptor:
    1. after I completely uninstalled it - which reverted the graphics card to the standard Microsoft one - the screen didn't flicker or blink once afterwards (I left the laptop switched on for about an hour without incident, whereas previously I would experience as many as ten 'events' a minute). This rules out a possible damaged connection between the body of the laptop and its screen. However, when Windows auto-installs updates it reinstates the Intel one...
    2. ...and when the laptop is switched on the screen flickers and repeatedly blinks off and on again...
    3. ...although, strangely, connecting an external monitor to the laptop (HDMI to HDMI) results in neither the laptop screen nor the external monitor flickering or blinking. The problem returns when I disconnect the HDMI cable from the HDMI port on the laptop.
    I now have the inescapable feeling that when I attached the dock I somehow fried the Intel display adaptor, and it isn't possible to fix it: I have read in the forums that replacing the graphics card on a laptop is well-nigh impossible. But if anyone else can suggest an approach I haven't yet tried I'd be very receptive!

As an aside, I contacted the retailer and they have sent me all of the drivers that are available for my system, but I don't know how to install them.

barndoor, Dec 29, 2020
  3. Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, Dec 29, 2020
  4. Laptop 14-dk1xxx; screen blink and computer dead after full charge.

Laptop no longer charging since Windows 10 update

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Laptop 14-dk1xxx; screen blink and computer dead after full charge. pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Dec 29, 2020
Thema:

Laptop 14-dk1xxx; screen blink and computer dead after full charge.

1. Laptop 14-dk1xxx; screen blink and computer dead after full charge. - Similar Threads - Laptop dk1xxx screen

2. my battery light is blinking and not charging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my battery light is blinking and not charging: my battery light is blinking and not charging https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-battery-light-is-blinking-and-not-charging/6eb63a7e-0fe2-41ca-bd7c-4d209d1f361e
  3. MY LAPTOP SCREEN IS BLINKING

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MY LAPTOP SCREEN IS BLINKING: I recently did free upgrade from windows 10 to 11 home free upgrade from microsoft after 3/4 days my laptop screen is blinking periodically while performing normal tasks on laptop, I tried observing blinking while task manager is active and in windows safe mode both , in...
  4. MY LAPTOP SCREEN IS BLINKING

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MY LAPTOP SCREEN IS BLINKING: I recently did free upgrade from windows 10 to 11 home free upgrade from microsoft after 3/4 days my laptop screen is blinking periodically while performing normal tasks on laptop, I tried observing blinking while task manager is active and in windows safe mode both , in...
  5. Laptop dies on full charge

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop dies on full charge: I have had my laptop for about 3 years now and it has to always stay on the charger because the second I unplug it, it dies immediately. It is probably a battery problem and I need to get a new laptop, but I have only had it for 3 years. What can I do to get more time out of...
  6. Computer blinking

Computer blinking: My computer has been randomly shutting down and a blue screen pops up. I scan the QR code and the link it sends me to doesn’t help me fix my computer. I have tried moving all my files to a hard drive, shutting down and resetting my computer, and updating all the software....
  7. MY laptop charging port blinking

MY laptop charging port blinking: From some days my laptop charging port light continuously and blink and does not stop glowing and blinking even i remove the charger.., please any one can me to solve this problem....
  8. Blinking Screen on Brand New Laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Blinking Screen on Brand New Laptop: Hey Everyone! Just got a brand new Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Extreme Gen 3. Downloaded all of the driver updates and Windows updates. I noticed that the screen blinks every 10-15 minutes or so. It’s a quick blink, almost like a dimming. Is this a Windows software bug or update...
  9. battery will not charge on laptop red light blinking 2% max. charge

battery will not charge on laptop red light blinking 2% max. charge: help w/ batt. charge https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-will-not-charge-on-laptop-red-light/af8dfac7-b2d7-42de-912a-4bde125570f9
  10. Flickering and blinking laptop screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Flickering and blinking laptop screen: I'm using a laptop with Windows 10 and an Intel HD Graphics 4600 display adaptor. A few days ago I attached a Dell D3000 dock to my laptop, and almost immediately my laptop screen started to flicker and repeatedly blink off and on again. I disconnected the dock, which did not...