Windows 10: Laptop accidentally shut off while resetting to factory settings.

Discus and support Laptop accidentally shut off while resetting to factory settings. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, I use a laptop with Windows 10 and I've wanted to clear it out because I haven't done that in a while, but about halfways through the process it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Nožka Tomáš, Jun 12, 2023.

1. Laptop accidentally shut off while resetting to factory settings.

Hi, I use a laptop with Windows 10 and I've wanted to clear it out because I haven't done that in a while, but about halfways through the process it shut off and now I'm stuck in an endless loop of the laptop restarting and showing an error window, which says: "The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install Windows, click OK to restart the computer; and then restart the installation." When I click OK, it just resets and then shows me the same pop-up window. Any help with this is much appreciated.

:)

Nožka Tomáš, Jun 12, 2023

2. how do i reset a asus laptop to factory settings?

The process of resetting an Asus laptop to factory settings can vary depending on the model and operating system. However, here are the general steps you can follow:

1. Back up your important files and data to an external hard drive or cloud storage as resetting your laptop to factory settings will erase all data.
    2. Press the "F9" key repeatedly while the Asus laptop is booting up. This will take you to the recovery menu.
    3. Select "Restore factory settings" from the menu.
    4. Follow the prompts to confirm the reset process.
    5. Wait for the reset process to complete, which may take several minutes.
    6. Once the reset is complete, your Asus laptop will be restored to its original factory settings.

f9cb21d3-742a-4575-ad83-c3b69db8c106, Jun 12, 2023
  3. Diem_P Win User
    Windows 7 Laptop - Cannot reset to factory settings

I have been trying to reset my laptop to sell and followed instructions to reset to factory settings as below

1. Select the category “System and Security” in the control panel.
    2. In the section “Backup and restore” you can find “Recover system settings on your computer” and then click on “Advanced recovery settings”.
    3. Then, you need to click on “Return your computer to factory condition
    I do not have the option Return your computer to factory condition in step 3

Any ideas?

I also have the added challenge that my keyboard does not work as I spilt water on it.

This has taken me hours to try and resolve!!

Any ideas?

Thank you

Diem_P, Jun 12, 2023
  4. stanroy Win User

Laptop accidentally shut off while resetting to factory settings.

Reset Acer Travelmate to factory settings

Hi all, I have an Acer Travelmate with Win10 (1607), I would like to save Win 10 to a stick, then reset the laptop back to factory settings and then reinstall Win10. There is no program on the laptop that requires saving. Any advice or suggestions, not to technical, would be very much appreciated, thanks Roy

stanroy, Jun 12, 2023
Thema:

Laptop accidentally shut off while resetting to factory settings.

1. Laptop accidentally shut off while resetting to factory settings. - Similar Threads - Laptop accidentally shut

2. Accidentally shut off computer during reset to factory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accidentally shut off computer during reset to factory: A couple of days ago I was going to reset to factory cause I had to much space on my computer and my brother shut my pc of and now for a couple of days it’s just been staying at 64...
  3. Accidentally shut off computer during reset to factory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidentally shut off computer during reset to factory: A couple of days ago I was going to reset to factory cause I had to much space on my computer and my brother shut my pc of and now for a couple of days it’s just been staying at 64...
  4. Accidentally Shutting pc off while during factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidentally Shutting pc off while during factory reset: Hi i shut off my pc during a factor reset and i dont know what to do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/accidentally-shutting-pc-off-while-during-factory/e2b60e8b-7eb0-4b27-8e52-24c0c7eefd72
  5. Accidentally Shutting pc off while during factory reset

Accidentally Shutting pc off while during factory reset: Hi i shut off my pc during a factor reset and i dont know what to do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/accidentally-shutting-pc-off-while-during-factory/e2b60e8b-7eb0-4b27-8e52-24c0c7eefd72
  6. Laptop accidentally shut off while resetting to factory settings.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop accidentally shut off while resetting to factory settings.: Hi, I use a laptop with Windows 10 and I've wanted to clear it out because I haven't done that in a while, but about halfways through the process it shut off and now I'm stuck in an endless loop of the laptop restarting and showing an error window, which says: "The computer...
  7. Laptop accidentally shut off while resetting to factory settings.

Laptop accidentally shut off while resetting to factory settings.: Hi, I use a laptop with Windows 10 and I've wanted to clear it out because I haven't done that in a while, but about halfways through the process it shut off and now I'm stuck in an endless loop of the laptop restarting and showing an error window, which says: "The computer...
  8. Laptop accidentally shut off while resetting to factory settings.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Requested a factory reset on my PC, accidentally shut it off while it was in the process of...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Requested a factory reset on my PC, accidentally shut it off while it was in the process of...: The title should sum it up pretty well. but yeah shut it down in the middle of it resetting by accident and now it only boots to the Windows Recovery Environment no matter what i click...
  10. Requested a factory reset on my PC, accidentally shut it off while it was in the process of...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Requested a factory reset on my PC, accidentally shut it off while it was in the process of...: The title should sum it up pretty well. but yeah shut it down in the middle of it resetting by accident and now it only boots to the Windows Recovery Environment no matter what i click...