Windows 10: Laptop accidently switched into hibernation mode after it's plugged in reserve battery...

Discus and support Laptop accidently switched into hibernation mode after it's plugged in reserve battery... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I felt very disappointed that my laptop computer suddenly turned off hibernated after the PC plugged in when it reached the 7% backup battery level.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ANTHONY IAN JONATHAN, Aug 14, 2022.

1. Laptop accidently switched into hibernation mode after it's plugged in reserve battery...

I felt very disappointed that my laptop computer suddenly turned off hibernated after the PC plugged in when it reached the 7% backup battery level. Even though hibernation should not be allowed after the PC laptop is plugged in battery charging. This can be caused due to a development error when setting the default setting for "Critical battery level action".The correct default setting for Critical battery level action plugged in: Do nothing default, recommended Hibernate incorrect setting and is not recommended.SleepShut downI request that Windows development will fix those setting

:)

ANTHONY IAN JONATHAN, Aug 14, 2022

2. Battery drain in hibernation

This is a volunteers forum. We cannot fix anything for you!

I would start by taking these steps:

1. Put Windows into hibernation.
    2. Get it out of hibernation.
    3. Check the time stamp of the hidden file C:\Hiberfil.sys. Does it reflect the time when you took Step 1 above? If it does not then the machine was not in hibernation.
    4. Before going to bed, make a note of the battery charge.
    5. Switch the machine off and unplug the power cord.
    6. Next morning, before plugging in the power cord but after turning it on, make another note of the battery charge. If there is a noticeable discharge then you have a leaky battery or a problem with the motherboard. Windows can't be the culprit because it
      was off all night.

Frederik Long, Aug 14, 2022
  3. Laptop runs into hibernation mode every time i plug in the battery

Hi,

I have a Asus ROG G750gm running windows 8.1. About a month ago or so, there was a problem with the energy on my residence and the laptop stopped charging the battery so i restarted the laptop to keep charging it, when it turned on again it stucked on hibernation
    mode undefinetly. Tried unplugging the power cord and nothing, it only started to "work normally" after i unplugged the battery and after that every time i plug in (the battery) it inmediatly runs into hibernation mode again and the only way to make it run
    normally again is removing it.

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this and how to fix it?

(PS. Sorry on the bad English)

AlejandrotG, Aug 14, 2022
  4. Laptop accidently switched into hibernation mode after it's plugged in reserve battery...

Windows 10 frozen 'hibernating' mode

Hi Shan,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would glad to help you with the issue you are facing.

If your computer is still showing as "Hibernating", then try turning the computer OFF by pressing and holding the power button. Wait for 10 seconds and then restart it again and check if you are able
    to past the "Hibernating". If yes, then check if this is caused by any issues with the power settings on the computer. This can be done by running the Power Troubleshooter.

This troubleshooter is an automated Windows 10 inbuilt tool which finds and fixes the common issues with the Power settings of the computer. Perform these steps to run this tool and check if that helps.

• Press “Windows Logo” + “Q” keys from the keyboard.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” in the search bar and press “Enter”.
    • In the “Troubleshooting” window, click on “View All” on the left pane.
    • Click on “Power”.
    • Click on “Advanced” and then click on “Run as Administrator”.
    • Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process

Also suggest you to try the following methods and check if this issue persists.

Discharge the power from the laptop after removing its battery.

If your laptop is stuck on the screen showing the message “Hibernating”, you may need to discharge the power from your laptop by removing your battery.

To do this, you may follow these steps:

a) Turn the laptop over and slide the switches holding your battery in place to the "Unlocked" position.

b) Pull the battery out of your laptop

c) Press and hold the "Power" button for 30 seconds.

d) Return the battery to its position and lock it in place by sliding the battery switches to the "Locked" position.

e) Plug your laptop into the power supply and press the "Power" button to power on your laptop.

You may also try powering the laptop off by pressing and holding its button down for 10 seconds. This should release the hibernation mode.

Hope this helps if the issue persists do get back to us we will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Aug 14, 2022
Thema:

Laptop accidently switched into hibernation mode after it's plugged in reserve battery...

1. Laptop accidently switched into hibernation mode after it's plugged in reserve battery... - Similar Threads - Laptop accidently switched

2. Laptop battery switching between plugged in and battery while playing games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop battery switching between plugged in and battery while playing games.: My laptop has recently been acting up and started switching between plugged in and on battery when playing a heavy game like Roblox. This has been very irritating because the fps constantly decreases each time it stops charging. Even when the laptop sometimes manages to...
  3. My Laptop keep switching between" On Battery Mode" and "Plugged In"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Laptop keep switching between" On Battery Mode" and "Plugged In": Hi, my laptop keep switching mode and got lagg when it switch, then the brightness increase and decreaseI tryed Trouble shoot, get my power plant back on default, and try to use CMD to reset powerplant BUT NOTHING HELPEDCan you help me ?...
  4. My Laptop keep switching between" On Battery Mode" and "Plugged In"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Laptop keep switching between" On Battery Mode" and "Plugged In": Hi, my laptop keep switching mode and got lagg when it switch, then the brightness increase and decreaseI tryed Trouble shoot, get my power plant back on default, and try to use CMD to reset powerplant BUT NOTHING HELPEDCan you help me ?...
  5. Laptop accidently switched into hibernation mode after it's plugged in reserve battery...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop accidently switched into hibernation mode after it's plugged in reserve battery...: I felt very disappointed that my laptop computer suddenly turned off hibernated after the PC plugged in when it reached the 7% backup battery level. Even though hibernation should not be allowed after the PC laptop is plugged in battery charging. This can be caused due to a...
  6. Laptop accidently switched into hibernation mode after it's plugged in reserve battery...

Laptop accidently switched into hibernation mode after it's plugged in reserve battery...: I felt very disappointed that my laptop computer suddenly turned off hibernated after the PC plugged in when it reached the 7% backup battery level. Even though hibernation should not be allowed after the PC laptop is plugged in battery charging. This can be caused due to a...
  7. Laptop accidently switched out of S-Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop accidently switched out of S-Mode: I have a lenova laptop that was accidently switched out of S-Mode windows 10 home and need to switch it back. How can I accomplish that? I do not care about loosing data or anything like that, I just want it back to S-Mode.Thank You....
  8. Laptop accidently switched out of S-Mode

Laptop accidently switched out of S-Mode: I have a lenova laptop that was accidently switched out of S-Mode windows 10 home and need to switch it back. How can I accomplish that? I do not care about loosing data or anything like that, I just want it back to S-Mode.Thank You....
  9. Laptop accidently switched out of S-Mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Laptop switching on and running the battery down from Hibernate

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop switching on and running the battery down from Hibernate: I'm still new to Windows 10 (home), from XP and recently bought a new HP laptop. I always leave the laptop with a full battery and hibernate overnight, with mains power turned off and the lid open. In the past week I noticed twice that the battery was about 80% in the morning...