Windows 10: Laptop Account Password

Discus and support Laptop Account Password in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello, So my problem is that I don't know my laptop password. However, I do know my Microsoft password just not the password to get onto my laptop.... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Юрий-Komarov, Feb 11, 2020.

1. Laptop Account Password

Hello,

So my problem is that I don't know my laptop password. However, I do know my Microsoft password just not the password to get onto my laptop.

It has been a while since I've used the password so I cannot remember it at all and every time I press change password it always asks for my current password, but I don't know it so I don't know what to do now.

Can someone please help as I need to access my laptop for important information.

:)

Юрий-Komarov, Feb 11, 2020
  2. Yaqub K Win User

Local Account password changed to Online Account Password

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click OK.
    • Now, login to Local account.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Feb 11, 2020
  3. forgot password for account!!!!

forgot password for account!!!!

you know when you boot up your computer... and yeha i have more than one account and I forgot the password to one of them.

is there anyway for me to get in to the account? or the account will be perminant lock if i dont remember password?

xp home

HiddenStupid, Feb 11, 2020
  4. Vesao Win User

Laptop Account Password

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Feb 11, 2020
Thema:

Laptop Account Password

1. Laptop Account Password - Similar Threads - Laptop Account Password

2. Change account password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Change account password: How do I change the local account password to log into my computer while staying logged into my Microsoft account? I use a much more simple password for logging into my computer than I do for my Microsoft account because I have to type it in via memory a lot, whereas I use...
  3. Have to use Microsoft Account password to get into my laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Have to use Microsoft Account password to get into my laptop: I tried to buy MS Solitaire Collection, but couldn't download it because I didn't have a device linked to the account. Followed the directions to link to my laptop. Now I can't get into my laptop without using my MS Account password! I followed directions to not require a...
  4. Cannot sign in with Microsoft account on my laptop -- password incorrect

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot sign in with Microsoft account on my laptop -- password incorrect: For the last couple of weeks I have been having the following issue: Whenever I try to sign in to my laptop (with my MS account) it says 'password incorrect'. I am 100% sure the password is correct and I have changed it already 2 times on my MS account to try and resolve...
  5. Account password

Account password: I am trying to set a pin for m accout. When I try to add a pin it is asking for my "current" pin then asks for me to enter my new pin? I do not have a current pin, how do I set up my pin?...
  6. Reset account password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Reset account password: One of my friends changed my Microsoft account password and I know the new password, but I always try to put the old password before I remember to put the new one. I tried changing the password, but the website says I've used that password before, and therefore I can't put it...
  7. Can not log in to laptop with Microsoft account/password to be precise

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can not log in to laptop with Microsoft account/password to be precise: After uninstalling Avast antivirus with Iobit uninstaller. The laptop doesn't let me to login with goodix fingerscan again. It only shows a box password for Microsoft account, NO Other options! I have tried my old, current, even a new password by resetting it on...
  8. Unable to Login to the Laptop Using Microsoft Account Password.

Unable to Login to the Laptop Using Microsoft Account Password.: After forgetting my live password, which I cant get into my laptop without, I had it reset. It keeps telling me that my new password is incorrect when I am absolutely 101% certain that it was correct. ***Moved From: Other/Unknown/Ease of access*** ***Edited Original...
  9. change an account password

in Windows 10 Customization
    change an account password: how do I change a user password from the administrator account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-an-account-password/415b08cb-595c-4949-b24e-09faffdf1b84
  10. Live account will not reset password - cannot login to laptop

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Live account will not reset password - cannot login to laptop: After upgrading a Toshiba laptop I am unable to login. The laptop refuses to take any passwords entered. I have reset the password at accountlive/password/reset but the tablet will not take the new password. I have tried creating a login USB using isunshare. When starting...