Windows 10: Laptop acts like fast-restart is enabled when connected via ethernet

Discus and support Laptop acts like fast-restart is enabled when connected via ethernet in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; HP laptop 17-f113dx running windows 10.I recently disabled fast-restart but when the ethernet cable is connected the laptop acts like fast restart is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by SUPERGAMERJRR2, Apr 23, 2021.

1. Laptop acts like fast-restart is enabled when connected via ethernet

HP laptop 17-f113dx running windows 10.I recently disabled fast-restart but when the ethernet cable is connected the laptop acts like fast restart is still turned on.Unplugging the ethernet cable before full shutdown and keeping it unplugged until after boot stops the occurrence also wifi does not cause any issues.Why is this happening? And what can I do about it?

:)

SUPERGAMERJRR2, Apr 23, 2021

2. When ethernet is enabled it acts like it can't find the file location

Original Title: Ethernet

since I've upgraded to win10, I have a problem with my Ethernet. I disable it fine but when I enable it acts like it can't find the file location, yet it's still there. I end up restarting and it's fine, but when I disable and try to enable again same problem. I
    have not had a problem before upgrade using the status to disable or enable

erictompkins, Apr 23, 2021
  3. Ethernet Connection

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We would like to ask additional information that will help us in resolving the issue.

• What kind of computer are you using? Is it a desktop or a laptop?
    • Did you make any recent changes to your computer?
    • Have you tried troubleshooting the issue by yourself? If yes, what were the steps you have taken so far?

I would suggest you to try the following and check:

• Verify that the cable connects the modem to the wall jack is connected securely.
    • Verify that the cable connects the computer to the modem is attached securely at both ends.
    • Restart the router/modem.

Follow the steps and let us know if it helps.

JericDale Ort, Apr 23, 2021
  4. akhlaq768 Win User

Laptop acts like fast-restart is enabled when connected via ethernet

Connecting Laptop to the Internet, No connection

just done that... this is what I get

Host Name: Akhlaq
    Primary DNS suffix:
    Node Type: Hybrid
    IP Routing Enabled: No
    WINS Proxy Enabled: No

Ethernet Adapter Local Area Connections

Connection-specific DNS Suffix:
    Description: SiS 900 PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter
    DHCP Enabled: YES
    Autoconfiguration Enabled: Yes
    IP Address: 0.0.0.0
    Subnet Mask: 0.0.0.0
    Default Gateway:
    DHCP Server: 255.255.255.255

akhlaq768, Apr 23, 2021
Thema:

Laptop acts like fast-restart is enabled when connected via ethernet

1. Laptop acts like fast-restart is enabled when connected via ethernet - Similar Threads - Laptop acts fast

2. Only connect via ethernet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Only connect via ethernet: I have a windows 8 pro or 10 pro dell optiplex 9010 all in one and it only connects via Ethernet cable, i have been told to try a wifi adapter and will try that but i wanted to know if there was any other solutions...
  3. Only connect via ethernet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Only connect via ethernet: I have a windows 8 pro or 10 pro dell optiplex 9010 all in one and it only connects via Ethernet cable, i have been told to try a wifi adapter and will try that but i wanted to know if there was any other solutions...
  4. Experiencing problems with connecting via Ethernet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Experiencing problems with connecting via Ethernet: My computer has experienced a problem where when I plug in the Ethernet cable and connect to the network, it fails to connect to the internet says it is an "Undefined Network" and can't connect to the Internet. When I run a diagnosis it finds that Ethernet doesn't have a...
  5. Windows 10 acts like Offline Files are enabled when they are not

Windows 10 acts like Offline Files are enabled when they are not: I am running a Windows Server 2012 R2 file server. Our accounting department is now primarily working from home using a VPN connection, as well as most machines recently being rebuilt as Windows 10 Pro and are on our corporate Active Directory domain. Often when they are...
  6. Laptop connected to the internet but programs act like they aren't

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop connected to the internet but programs act like they aren't: My laptop shows it is connected to the internet and I can browse the web, but when I try to start up a program, it'll keep loading and loading or says it has no access to internet, I.E: Windows 10 Search bar, Windows Update, Any type of syncing, Microsoft store What kind of...
  7. Can't connect to internet via ethernet after computer restart

Can't connect to internet via ethernet after computer restart: Computer is a Cyberpower Tracer III laptop running 64 bit Windows 10 with an Intel Core i7-9750H processor and a Realtek PCI-e GbE family ethernet controller. Every time the computer is restarted, I need to disable then re-enable the wired ethernet adapter before I can...
  8. Does laptop act like a monitor?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Does laptop act like a monitor?: I want to connect my xbox to laptop with HDMI but my laptop didn’t show anything, anything can do my laptop make like a monitor? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-laptop-act-like-a-monitor/f4ccb631-30d9-46ed-b482-d607219c630d
  9. My laptop freezes when connecting via Ethernet

My laptop freezes when connecting via Ethernet: I have a 6-year old Asus laptop. It shipped with Win 7. It has a 1 TB hard drive, partitioned in two. Win 7 is still on one partition. The other has Win 10. Starting with the September update to Win 10, if I plug in an Ethernet cable on my laptop, it freezes. I get a blue...
  10. Slow Connecting via Ethernet?

Slow Connecting via Ethernet?: I have an unusual issue that seems to have just started occurring over the past month. My i-7 desktop with 16 gb RAM is connected to my router via an Ethernet cable. Connection speed (upload and download) is 25-30 Mbs. Have Windows 10 Anniversary Edition fully updated. If...