Windows 10: Laptop acts like I have sticky keys on all the time

Discus and support Laptop acts like I have sticky keys on all the time in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Basically, I would press shift, to write one character in caps lock, and then everything else would be caps lock until I would press it again, same... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Stella Mpour, Mar 23, 2020.

1. Laptop acts like I have sticky keys on all the time

Basically, I would press shift, to write one character in caps lock, and then everything else would be caps lock until I would press it again, same goes for stuff like alt, ctrl, tab ect.

It also sometimes makes writing number not possible, also no it's now a physical problem with my keyboard since I have tested other keyboards as well,

along with numbers I can also not write the shift version of those numbers ,symbols,

:)

Stella Mpour, Mar 23, 2020

2. shift key acting like it's stuck, ctrl and num keys don't work

Hi janieneh,

There's a possibility that the keyboard issue that you're experiencing may be due to having an outdated driver or could be a software conflict. However, there's also a chance that sticky keys may have been enabled on your laptop. Before we try to troubleshoot
    the software side, please try the following workarounds and see if one on the list addresses the problem:

• Turning off Sticky Keys.
      • If this feature is turned on, then have it turned off. Just navigate to
        Settings > Ease of access > Keyboard > Sticky Keys
        , then toggle it
        Off
    • Holding down both Shift keys.
      • Press and hold down both Shift keys at the same time for 4 to 5 seconds.
    • Perform full shutdown
      • To perform a full shutdown, click the Windows key > Power Icon > Shutdown. Once computer is off, press the power button to boot it up.
    Please let me know if the issue persists after performing the steps above by replying to this thread. This way, I'll get notified and respond back to you as soon as I can.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Mar 23, 2020
  3. Anne Ros Win User
    sticky keys

Hi,

Sticky keys dialog box appears when you have press the Shift key five times continuously. It also lets you use the Shift, Ctrl, ALT, or Windows Logo keys by pressing one key at a time. You can set up Sticky Keys from the Ease of Access Center on the Control
    Panel. Follow the steps below:

• Press the Shift key five times.
    • Once the dialog box appear, click the Go to the Ease of Access Center to disable keyboard shortcut link.
    • It will open the Set up Sticky Notes window in the Control Panel.
    • Uncheck Turn on Sticky Keys when SHIFT is pressed five times option.
    • You can also set the settings to your desired option.

After doing so, check if the same pop-up will appear while playing the game.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Anne Ros, Mar 23, 2020
  4. Remon Ont Win User

Laptop acts like I have sticky keys on all the time

Sticky keys

Thank you for the information,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps provided by some community members on this

link

Hope it works. Let us know how it goes.

Remon Ont, Mar 23, 2020
Thema:

Laptop acts like I have sticky keys on all the time

1. Laptop acts like I have sticky keys on all the time - Similar Threads - Laptop acts sticky

2. On my laptop delete key acting like it stuck.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    On my laptop delete key acting like it stuck.: Hi Team, On my laptop which is Windows 11 Pro 22HZ delete key acting like it stuck, but when I see it's not. It's deleting texts or whatever items focused on or clicked on like files, or emails in inbox it is deleting straight away. It's happening after installing updates on...
  3. On my laptop delete key acting like it stuck.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    On my laptop delete key acting like it stuck.: Hi Team, On my laptop which is Windows 11 Pro 22HZ delete key acting like it stuck, but when I see it's not. It's deleting texts or whatever items focused on or clicked on like files, or emails in inbox it is deleting straight away. It's happening after installing updates on...
  4. Control key acts like windows key

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Control key acts like windows key: Whenever I press the control key on my keyboard, it acts like the windows key. This makes me unable to do any shortcuts like copy/paste/new-tab/etc.I've tried 3 different keyboards and they all have the same issue which makes me believe that it is a software issue on my...
  5. Control key acts like windows key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Control key acts like windows key: Whenever I press the control key on my keyboard, it acts like the windows key. This makes me unable to do any shortcuts like copy/paste/new-tab/etc.I've tried 3 different keyboards and they all have the same issue which makes me believe that it is a software issue on my...
  6. Control key acts like windows key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Shift Key /ACTING/ like its stuck Cannot use the Number Pad and Sticky Keys /NOT/ toggled...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shift Key /ACTING/ like its stuck Cannot use the Number Pad and Sticky Keys /NOT/ toggled...: I think this issue is caused by a startup routine clash on touchscreen devices with detachable keyboards.I've noticed this occur when input keyboard is disabled in device manager, bluetooth was not turned off before power cycle, and a keyboard input device was last connected...
  8. Shift Key /ACTING/ like its stuck Cannot use the Number Pad and Sticky Keys /NOT/ toggled...

Shift Key /ACTING/ like its stuck Cannot use the Number Pad and Sticky Keys /NOT/ toggled...: I think this issue is caused by a startup routine clash on touchscreen devices with detachable keyboards.I've noticed this occur when input keyboard is disabled in device manager, bluetooth was not turned off before power cycle, and a keyboard input device was last connected...
  9. w key acting like windows key

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    w key acting like windows key: I have a Laptop Keyboard and now whenever i press the w key it brings up the windows start menu when i use the on screen keyboard and when i hit "w" it shows me that im pressing the windows key how can i fix this? please reach out, i need to fix this by tonight submitted by...
  10. w key acting like windows key

w key acting like windows key: I have a Laptop Keyboard and now whenever i press the w key it brings up the windows start menu when i use the on screen keyboard and when i hit "w" it shows me that im pressing the windows key how can i fix this? please reach out, i need to fix this by tonight...