Windows 10: Laptop all screwed up after Win 10 Upgrade

Discus and support Laptop all screwed up after Win 10 Upgrade in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Apparently I allowed a Win 10 upgrade to laptop -- which is nowall screwed up ... 1 Now starts with Metro window & rejects re-setting to Full?! 2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by sookie2, Feb 14, 2020.

1. sookie2 Win User

Laptop all screwed up after Win 10 Upgrade

Apparently I allowed a Win 10 upgrade to laptop -- which is nowall screwed up ...

1 Now starts with Metro window & rejects re-setting to Full?!

2 All of my favorite Taskbar icons are now gone?!

3 Opening Chrome browser fails ... browser Opens & then disappears?!

4 Hidden Icons box is nowhere to be found on Taskbar?!

5 Search response is flakey at best -- with a different font*

6 Adobe Flash update refuses to complete - insisting I close anot-running Chrome browser

In Summary: ARGGGGGGH!!

2 Questions:

1 Has my machine been hacked by M$ perhaps an early "April FoolsSecurityRollup"?

2 Anyone have a better fix than attempting a System Restore?

* Still want to identify the M$ idiot who force-defaultedWordpad font to Callibri 11

:)

sookie2, Feb 14, 2020

2. Upgrade from 8.1 to Win 10

Hi Roy,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

• Is this laptop compatible with Windows 10?
    • Are there drivers for Windows 10 for this laptop on HP website?

I would suggest you to temporarily disable/un-install any HP's software if you have installed.

Also, I would suggest you to start the upgrade by un-installing the updated drivers and installing basic windows drivers.

Follow the steps mentioned below:

• Right on the start icon and click on device manager

• Expand Network/Device adapters, Select the adapter, right click and click on un-install.

• Restart the computer.

Now start the upgrade from an ISO and see if that helps.

Hope this helps.

Waseemulla S, Feb 14, 2020
  3. lse123 Win User
    is hardware OK (Win 7) for upgrade to windows 10

I think in one of the other PC with win 7 or win 8.1 I run media creators tools and in some step prompt/found graphics card not supported... for win 10. I didn't found alone reading specs of win 10, but the tool says me... after changed graphics card the tool said all OK and continued OK with upgrade... That I ask to reach this step in this current PC - win 7 - must be all OK for the upgrade? Or must continue to upgrade to show this?
    and got to point

• UPGRADE this PC now
    • Create media(DVD, USB stick, ISO)
    is hardware OK (Win 7) for an upgrade to windows 10 for this PC???

lse123, Feb 14, 2020
  4. user33331 Win User

Laptop screws and broken spinning threaded nuts :-(

Hello
    Is there a trick to open original never opened laptop screws ?
    If I open like 10 screws about 2/10pcs always have broken\loose spinning brass threaded nuts.
    I have opened a Lenovo(2008) and a HP(2015) laptop when trying to fit SSDs and both ended up with some spinning threaded nuts.
    -> When unable to open the case I just end up using a DVD drive caddy for the damn SSDs.
    • Laptop screws always have that massive amount of tip goo (=red or blue colored rubber thread seal) in threads which I believe is causing the spinning screw issue. Please Chinese we don't need the "goo".
    • Or the Chinese just over tighten the screws.
    • Also cheap thin plastic around brass nuts.

user33331, Feb 14, 2020
Thema:

1. Laptop all screwed up after Win 10 Upgrade - Similar Threads - Laptop screwed Upgrade

2. Your recent upgrades screwed up all my drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your recent upgrades screwed up all my drives: I can not find any form of help from you peopleFor the love of god HELPWith the new microsoft updates i am being forced repeatedly to do a stupid live account i am unable to sign in after all the stupid updates yall recommened and when i try reset the password it says that...
  3. Your recent upgrades screwed up all my drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Your recent upgrades screwed up all my drives: I can not find any form of help from you peopleFor the love of god HELPWith the new microsoft updates i am being forced repeatedly to do a stupid live account i am unable to sign in after all the stupid updates yall recommened and when i try reset the password it says that...
  4. Your recent upgrades screwed up all my drives

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 Pro Upgrade Screwed Up Immediately After Payment

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro Upgrade Screwed Up Immediately After Payment: I paid for an upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro through Windows Store and everything went smooth only up to the payment. Once done, the upgrade just won't start. I have been plodding around ALL of Microsoft's help and support articles trying every solution...
  6. Reset screwed up my laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reset screwed up my laptop: Hi, My name is Pratyush, I just performed a full reset of my Laptop. But when it is complete, and I fill all my info and reach the desktop, I am not able to run any Modern UI apps and not able to sign in using a microsoft account. UWP apps and sign in Prompt crash on opening....
  7. Windows Activation All Screwed Up

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Activation All Screwed Up: I am using my Acer Aspire R7 Laptop that I upgraded from 8.1 to 10 Home many moons ago during the early adopter free upgrade program. I recently replaced the HD and after reinstalling Windows 10 Home I needed to upgrade to Pro so I can test some Docker stuff. I purchased...
  8. Win 10 Feature 4 Klutzes and Screw Ups

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 Feature 4 Klutzes and Screw Ups: Perhaps this feature already exists and someone can kindly enlighten me. I use a Bluetooth mouse (no dongle) and while I am mostly happy with this relatively inexpensive MS product sometimes my "accuracy" is not what it used to be and when working with a speedy pcie nvme m.2...
  9. W10 screwed up my laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 screwed up my laptop: I upgraded to w10 pro from w7 pro. I thought all was well, but yesterday the screen went sideways - tried to drag it and went to settings , no help. I restored a saved image (Macrium) and I got the screen back, but it did it again. I installed an external hdd ( has...
  10. win 10 screwed up my photos folder's

in Windows 10 Support
    win 10 screwed up my photos folder's: before win 10 I had my photos (1000s ) all arranged in my picture (win 7 ) had em all catalogued and so forth now win 10 in is infinite wisdom put them in folders according to date , beginning with the date I upgraded to win 10 any suggestions on how to unscrew them up ?...