Windows 10: Laptop always boots into recovery mode

Discus and support Laptop always boots into recovery mode in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Whenever I start my computer, the windows always boots into recovery mode and then I have to click Continue to Windows and everything else works fine.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Preetam Satapathy, Jul 4, 2021.

1. Laptop always boots into recovery mode

Whenever I start my computer, the windows always boots into recovery mode and then I have to click Continue to Windows and everything else works fine. I have already reset my computer but have no luck with it.

:)

Preetam Satapathy, Jul 4, 2021
  2. ram93 Win User

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Jul 4, 2021
  3. coopfab Win User
    Cannot Enter Safe Mode / Computer boots normally

I'm running Win 10 Pro 1903.

Here are the steps I have taken to get into safe mode: Start button, settings, update and security, recovery, advanced startup, troubleshoot, advanced options, startup settings, restart. The computer boots normally, not in safe mode. Any suggestions would be most helpful. Thanks in advance for your help and interest. .

coopfab, Jul 4, 2021
  4. Laptop always boots into recovery mode

Unable to boot the PC, stuck in recovery mode screen​

Hi Joe,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to boot the PC normally as it is stuck in recovery mode.

1. Were there any recent updates installed on the PC?
    2. What is the exact make and model of the PC?

I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check if that helps.

Method 1:

Boot the PC into safe mode with networking and check if you are able to login. Refer the article to

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10
    , refer the section
    From a black or blank screen.

Method 2:

Perform a system restore to revert the PC back to the state when everything was working fine. Refer the article

Recovery options in Windows 10
    , refer the section
    Use installation media to restore or reset your PC.

Note:
    Do not reset the PC; resetting the PC will remove all the data and installed programs from the PC.

We await your response.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jul 4, 2021
Thema:

Laptop always boots into recovery mode

1. Laptop always boots into recovery mode - Similar Threads - Laptop always boots

2. Laptop only boots to OneKey Recovery Mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop only boots to OneKey Recovery Mode.: I have a Lenovo G580 running Windows 10 22H2. Yesterday, after a usual day of experimenting with VirtualBox, I simply opened Disk Manager. That's when I found 19 GB of OMR partition.I didn't know what it was then, and I tried formatting it with NTFS File system in diskpart...
  3. Laptop only boots to OneKey Recovery Mode.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop only boots to OneKey Recovery Mode.: I have a Lenovo G580 running Windows 10 22H2. Yesterday, after a usual day of experimenting with VirtualBox, I simply opened Disk Manager. That's when I found 19 GB of OMR partition.I didn't know what it was then, and I tried formatting it with NTFS File system in diskpart...
  4. Laptop only boots to OneKey Recovery Mode.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows keeps booting in recovery mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows keeps booting in recovery mode: While I was updating my anti virus, Windows gave me a blue screen of death and when it restarted automatic repair kicked in, and keeps taking me to recovery mode. I tried doing continue to Windows, safe mode doesn't work, startup repair fails, there are no restore points...
  6. Dell Laptop wont boot into Windows 10 recovery mode

Dell Laptop wont boot into Windows 10 recovery mode: The new laptop that i bought 2 months ago wont get past BSOD, and i am getting errors "memory management, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, Critical Process died". The PC when it says preparing automatic repair goes into the BSOD screen, and does not go into Windows 10 recovery mode. I...
  7. pc always boots at recovery environment

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    pc always boots at recovery environment: hi, I am using windows 10 version 2004 on HP laptop. my pc always boots at recovery environment. i don't know why. how can i fix this? plz help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-always-boots-at-recovery-environment/16f5daa2-70f2-4c30-b49c-2bac4f63ef4b
  8. Laptop stuck on recovery mode

Laptop stuck on recovery mode: My Acer laptop is stuck on recovery mode tried factory resetting it was rape action recovery mode pretty quick restart goes way back to recovery mode try to check on files brings it back to recovery mode what can I do...
  9. Laptop continually boots into recovery mode. Cannot recover.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop continually boots into recovery mode. Cannot recover.: Hello, Last night I put my laptop to sleep and closed the screen. This morning when I woke up, my laptop booted weirdly I presume into recovery mode asking me what keyboard language to use. It then presents me with 6 different recovery options; Startup Repair, UEFI...
  10. Laptop Airplane Mode Always On

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Laptop Airplane Mode Always On: Every time I look at the notifications panel on my laptop, Airplane Mode is turned on. I know what it does, but do I need it if I never travel with the laptop? Only use laptop with AC plugged in, so saving battery is not a priority. How do I disable permanently? 45346