Windows 10: Laptop Always Gets a BSOD Whenever I Plug it into the Charger

Discus and support Laptop Always Gets a BSOD Whenever I Plug it into the Charger in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; For a few months now, my laptop has been been getting many BSOD errors and they always give me the same exact error. I thought I had fixed it and now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JavierChavez2, Apr 26, 2020.

1. Laptop Always Gets a BSOD Whenever I Plug it into the Charger

For a few months now, my laptop has been been getting many BSOD errors and they always give me the same exact error. I thought I had fixed it and now runs smoothly whenever I am using it, but now whenever I plug my laptop in to continue using it while it charges, I would quickly receive the same error.

Stop Code: ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY

What failed: iaStorAC.sys

This is incredibly infuriating as I am a student and during this whole lockdown due to the pandemic, I am forced to rely on my laptop more than ever for online classes and struggle to manage my battery power for class and assignments.

I got this laptop new out of the box from my local BestBuy in November, however this problem has only began occurring around late February. I have made sure that all my drivers are up to date, along with my laptop's BIOS, as told by a GeekSquad agent.

I'll list out the name and specs of the laptop if it helps:

Laptop Always Gets a BSOD Whenever I Plug it into the Charger [​IMG]

If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it!! :

:)

JavierChavez2, Apr 26, 2020
  2. ozan0053 Win User

Laptop goes to sleep mode after plugging in charger

Hello.

I have a ASUS X550C laptop. The original charger broke, so i bought a charger for it at my local market (the brand is "Innergie"), which also works for ASUS laptops. Now since i got this charger, i was experiencing issues where my laptop would randomly go to sleep mode, however, i resolved this issue by turning computer on, removing the charger, and plugging it back in. That seemed to fix it. However, recently, this method stopped working. My computer runs completely fine when it is unplugged, however, when i plug it in, i get a "Low battery" warning (even though i HAD 72% battery), and the laptop immediately goes to sleep mode. Trying to turn it on is useless. It will only turn on if the charger isn't plugged.

Any advice?

PS: I have already changed all my power & sleep options. Everything is set to "Never".

ozan0053, Apr 26, 2020
  3. BSOD after plugging charger

Hello!

My newly bought laptop Lenovo Yoga 720 15-IKB freezes and shows BSOD with "Critical Process Died" message 3-4 minutes after I plug in charger. I have done my research to fix the issue and tried probably everything.

- Updated drivers

- Uninstall AC adapter driver and reinstalled

- Updated display drivers

and so on...

The problem still occurs. I received this laptop about 10 days ago and still struggling with the issue. Please note:

- Charges when plugged in

- I can see full battery after charging it when the laptop is turned off

- The laptop works fine on battery

Please help...

I cannot even downgrade to Windows 8.1 Pro (I bought license key for that) because I have to go through this process while the laptop is plugged in and it freezes and takes to BSOD.

ZiyaMagsud, Apr 26, 2020
  4. Bree Win User

Laptop Always Gets a BSOD Whenever I Plug it into the Charger

Dropped laptop charger; could it be broken?

Have you tried plugging it into the mains (not the PC, just into the wall socket)? My Dell charger has a blue LED in the plug for the PC. If your does and it lights up, then it would seem safe to try it in the PC.

Was it plugged into the PC when you dropped it? The most common 'damage' on a Dell charger seems to be when the plug for the PC get's pulled out of the laptop violently. The centre pin is not for power, it caries an ID signal that the laptop uses to identify the charger. If this wire gets broken inside the plug the laptop can no longer recognise the charger and determine its power output. If that is the case the charger will still power the laptop, but won't charge the battery.

Thema:

Laptop Always Gets a BSOD Whenever I Plug it into the Charger

1. Laptop Always Gets a BSOD Whenever I Plug it into the Charger - Similar Threads - Laptop Always Gets

2. I get BSOD whenever i plug in my laptop's charger "Windows 11"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I get BSOD whenever i plug in my laptop's charger "Windows 11": Since i upgraded to Windows 11 on my laptop i a get blue screen whenever i plug in the charger, but if i am using it with a full charge it works normally...
  3. I get BSOD whenever i plug in my laptop's charger "Windows 11"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I get BSOD whenever i plug in my laptop's charger "Windows 11": Since i upgraded to Windows 11 on my laptop i a get blue screen whenever i plug in the charger, but if i am using it with a full charge it works normally...
  4. I get BSOD every time I plug in my laptop charger

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I get BSOD every time I plug in my laptop charger: I have been using windows for quite a long time and I have never had any issue like this. My laptop crashes and shows BSOD every time I plug in my charger, the latest stop code I recieved was KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE. But I have also been recieving other stop codes...
  5. I get BSOD every time I plug in my laptop charger

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I get BSOD every time I plug in my laptop charger: I have been using windows for quite a long time and I have never had any issue like this. My laptop crashes and shows BSOD every time I plug in my charger, the latest stop code I recieved was KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE. But I have also been recieving other stop codes...
  6. I get BSOD every time I plug in my laptop charger

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Is it dangerous for my laptop to be always plugged in with the charger while using?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it dangerous for my laptop to be always plugged in with the charger while using?: Is it dangerous for my laptop to be always plugged in with the charger while using? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-dangerous-for-my-laptop-to-be-always-plugged/7c627c83-37d2-4d65-8a09-f61fe6eb80a0
  8. Whenever I plug on my laptop after a while I get BSODs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Whenever I plug on my laptop after a while I get BSODs: I have an Asus TUF gaming laptop, it already got a motherboard replacement in June 2021. When I got it back after 5 days I got a lot of BOSDs with all different error codes. I tried everything, changing the windows version, downloading a clean version, deleting the drivers...
  9. Laptop gets BSOD and lags severely when charger is plugged in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop gets BSOD and lags severely when charger is plugged in: Hello, I have an HP Pavilion 15-cs2064st for more than a year, and it constantly gets BSOD randomly while in use and when the charger is plugged in. Whenever I plug the charger in, the laptop begins to freeze up following the BSOD. The BSOD errors are either...
  10. BSOD error when laptop is plugged with charger

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD error when laptop is plugged with charger: My laptop is working fine when I am not using my charger but gives BSOD error when I use the charger . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-error-when-laptop-is-plugged-with-charger/9e21a226-a551-469c-a743-45440f2ffc19

Users found this page by searching for:

1. laptop bsod when charging

2. bsod after plugging charger

3. asus x550 bsod

4. bsod on fresh windows instal when plugged in charger,
  5. laptop bsod on 40% charge