Windows 10: Laptop and On-screen Keyboards Not typing

Discus and support Laptop and On-screen Keyboards Not typing in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My Laptop Keyboard and on-screen keyboard are not "working", it does show on the on screen keyboard that the keys are being pressed when I press key,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Mph0, Nov 29, 2023.

1. Mph0 Win User

Laptop and On-screen Keyboards Not typing

My Laptop Keyboard and on-screen keyboard are not "working", it does show on the on screen keyboard that the keys are being pressed when I press key, but for some reason I can't type my password, in short the keyboards work for anything except typing my password so I can log in, any help?

:)

2. Windows 10 Laptop Keyboard Keys Acting Strange

Hi,

I realize that you are facing issues with the keyboard on your PC. I will try to help you with this issue.

Suggest you to plug in an external keyboard to the laptop to check if that helps.

Further you may also use the onscreen keyboard to check if that helps.

Follow these steps to launch the On-screen keyboard:

• Press Windows key + R to get the run window.

• Type “osk” and hit enter to launch the On-screen keyboard and check if this helps.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Nov 29, 2023
  3. Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, Nov 29, 2023
  4. Laptop and On-screen Keyboards Not typing

Laptop keyboard typing 2 characters

Thanks, Sanjay. Laptop keyboards usually require a replacement in their lifetime, so I suggest contacting the manufacturer for the next steps.

Sumit (Volunteer Moderator), Nov 29, 2023
Thema:

Laptop and On-screen Keyboards Not typing

1. Laptop and On-screen Keyboards Not typing - Similar Threads - Laptop screen Keyboards

2. laptop keyboard won’t type

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    laptop keyboard won’t type: Hello, my laptop keyboard won’t type. I have never had this issue before in the past. The touch pad still works but nothing else does. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-keyboard-wont-type/a67926e7-0f08-4c02-b1f6-831bd0a03036
  3. Laptop Keyboard Won't Type

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop Keyboard Won't Type: Hello! I use a Dell Inspiron 13, which I got a little over a year ago. I was using it today to type up an email, and had to move, so I simply closed my laptop and headed out. When I opened it again and tried to use the keyboard on the laptop, it did not type anything. I went...
  4. Laptop and On-screen Keyboards Not typing

Laptop and On-screen Keyboards Not typing: My Laptop Keyboard and on-screen keyboard are not "working", it does show on the on screen keyboard that the keys are being pressed when I press key, but for some reason I can't type my password, in short the keyboards work for anything except typing my password so I can log...
  5. Keyboards and on-screen keyboard typing not working at laptop sign-in screen, but works at...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboards and on-screen keyboard typing not working at laptop sign-in screen, but works at...: Hello! My laptop keyboard isn't working as well as my onscreen keyboard. I tried plugging in an external keyboard but it also wasn't typing even after I switched ports. I'm stuck at the sign-in screen and can't access anything else, but the thing is, when I clicked on "I...
  6. Keyboards and on-screen keyboard typing not working at laptop sign-in screen, but works at...

Keyboards and on-screen keyboard typing not working at laptop sign-in screen, but works at...: Hello! My laptop keyboard isn't working as well as my onscreen keyboard. I tried plugging in an external keyboard but it also wasn't typing even after I switched ports. I'm stuck at the sign-in screen and can't access anything else, but the thing is, when I clicked on "I...
  7. Keyboards and on-screen keyboard typing not working at laptop sign-in screen, but works at...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Laptop keyboard typing "/" uncontrollably

Laptop keyboard typing "/" uncontrollably: OS is Windows 10 , when typing any of the following letters and puncuations q/x/c/c,/./'/ keyboard starts uncontrollably typing slash until other letters is typed. I tried updating, reinstalling the drivers and ran keyboard troubleshooting but nothing seems to be working...
  9. Laptop keyboard typing "/" uncontrollably

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop keyboard typing "/" uncontrollably: OS is Windows 10 , when typing any of the following letters and puncuations q/x/c/c,/./'/ keyboard starts uncontrollably typing slash until other letters is typed. I tried updating, reinstalling the drivers and ran keyboard troubleshooting but nothing seems to be working...
  10. The laptop's keyboard typing automatically

The laptop's keyboard typing automatically: Greetings,I am using an Asus laptop which has Windows 11 installed on it. It was working fine until today when I saw some malfunctioning in the laptop. I closed every app. But something was going wrong. I thought of giving a restart. When I opened the start menu the search...