Windows 10: Laptop and/or Windows freezing

Discus and support Laptop and/or Windows freezing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I’m using Windows 10 on an approx 4 years old HP Notebook 15-ba102na Recently over the last couple of months I’ve had issues with it completely... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by EttaKT, Apr 20, 2021.

1. EttaKT Win User

Laptop and/or Windows freezing

I’m using Windows 10 on an approx 4 years old HP Notebook 15-ba102na Recently over the last couple of months I’ve had issues with it completely freezing up - I’ve been able to move my mouse but nothing else and it usually stays frozen for about 10 minutes although it does vary. Applications such as Google Chrome display ‘Not Responding’ messages. I’m not very techy so haven’t really tried to do anything and when reading other answers to questions haven’t understood half of the things being suggested! In the past few days I have now been getting a message saying that Microsoft Windows is not responding when it freezes.

I have had a couple of other previous problems with the laptop - it used to just suddenly shut down and restart when I was in the middle of doing something. This has now been fixed. Also when I open Task Manager very often the CPU is indicating it is running at 100%. Are all these things likely to be connected?

I would just really appreciate any help/advice of things I could do or any possible solutions to make it work a bit better and not freeze! Most of the time it works once it gets going but the freezing is getting more frequent and really annoying especially when I’m trying to work. If you need any more information please ask. I’m just using it for work and streaming and there are no really big apps.

Thank you!

:)

EttaKT, Apr 20, 2021

2. laptop freez

Hi,

You laptop freezing constantly after upgrading it to Windows 10 could be caused by some settings that are not configured properly. For us to better clarify the concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• Are you receiving any error message when the laptop freezes?
    • Was there any specific action done or application that was opened before the laptop freezes?

We look forward to you response.

Jordan Dom, Apr 20, 2021
  3. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Apr 20, 2021
  4. Laptop and/or Windows freezing

all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Apr 20, 2021
Thema:

Laptop and/or Windows freezing

1. Laptop and/or Windows freezing - Similar Threads - Laptop freezing

2. Laptops freezes for a couple of minutes before starting up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptops freezes for a couple of minutes before starting up.: When I power up my laptop, it initially shows a blank screen for a few minutes before the Windows login screen appears. Occasionally, I have to hold down the power button to restart it, after which it works perfectly fine...
  3. Laptops freezes for a couple of minutes before starting up.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptops freezes for a couple of minutes before starting up.: When I power up my laptop, it initially shows a blank screen for a few minutes before the Windows login screen appears. Occasionally, I have to hold down the power button to restart it, after which it works perfectly fine...
  4. My laptop freezes 99% upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop freezes 99% upgrade: My laptop freezes at 99% upgrade. How do i fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-freezes-99-upgrade/9df90fe5-6a35-44fc-b47f-553310097f32
  5. My laptop freezes 99% upgrade

My laptop freezes 99% upgrade: My laptop freezes at 99% upgrade. How do i fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-freezes-99-upgrade/9df90fe5-6a35-44fc-b47f-553310097f32
  6. My laptop freezes 99% upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. My Dell laptop intermittently freezes up and crashes - BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Dell laptop intermittently freezes up and crashes - BSOD: Below is what I get from the WhoCrashed app and the system info. I have made sure all the drivers are updated but that didn't help. Any help would be most appreciated.Crash dump file:C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\041924-7984-01.dmp MinidumpBugcheck code:0x9F0x3, 0xFFFF8E0225F2FD50,...
  8. My Dell laptop intermittently freezes up and crashes - BSOD

My Dell laptop intermittently freezes up and crashes - BSOD: Below is what I get from the WhoCrashed app and the system info. I have made sure all the drivers are updated but that didn't help. Any help would be most appreciated.Crash dump file:C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\041924-7984-01.dmp MinidumpBugcheck code:0x9F0x3, 0xFFFF8E0225F2FD50,...
  9. My laptop freezes when updating windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My laptop freezes when updating windows 10: My laptop freezes when updating windows 10 and I force it to turn off by pressing the power button until it dies and when it starts up again it can't play valorant with error code VAL 5 and the laptop can't be shutdown, when I want to shutdown it will turn on again and so on....
  10. My laptop freezes when updating windows 10

My laptop freezes when updating windows 10: My laptop freezes when updating windows 10 and I force it to turn off by pressing the power button until it dies and when it starts up again it can't play valorant with error code VAL 5 and the laptop can't be shutdown, when I want to shutdown it will turn on again and so on....