Windows 10: Laptop and Smart tv screen set up

Discus and support Laptop and Smart tv screen set up in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a laptop and a smart tv. I have connected both via an HDMI cable and currently have the screens mirrored. I am doing an online course and wish... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ChrisReed8, Feb 25, 2020.

1. Laptop and Smart tv screen set up

I have a laptop and a smart tv. I have connected both via an HDMI cable and currently have the screens mirrored. I am doing an online course and wish to be able to watch the online portion on the smart tv while completing tasks on the laptop. Does anyone know how to set this up?

:)

ChrisReed8, Feb 25, 2020

2. Mirror laptop screen to smart TV

HI Britni, please inform me what are the makes and models of your laptop and the Smart TV.

I suggest that you try the following steps:

Connect your PC and TV in same network

Tap Start - Settings

Open Devices. On the left-side menu, select Connected devices

Tap Add a device

Tap on your TV follow the configuration

However sometimes it is enough to right click on the desktop and go to Display settings.

Martin Jenkinss, Feb 25, 2020
  3. Can not project laptop screen to smart TV

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

What is the model number of your Samsung Smart TV?

In order for you to project your laptop's screen to your TV, your laptop and Smart TV must be connected to each other on the same network.

Set your PC's output resolution so it matches a resolution supported by the TV and when you connect your TV to the laptop, set the laptop's video card to one of the standard resolutions. The TV will automatically adjust to the resolution you choose. Note
    that the optimal and recommended resolution is 1920 x 1080 at 60 Hz. Refer to the user manual of your graphics card for compatible resolutions.

Follow the below methods and check if this helps.

Method 1: Fix connections to wireless displays or docks.

Try the troubleshooting steps mentioned in Fix connections to wireless displays or
    docks
    and check if this helps.

Method 2: Remove and Re-Add The TV.

Completely remove the Smart TV from your laptop by choosing the Remove Device from Settings, so that you don't see your Samsung Smart TV name on your laptop, restart the computer once, and then follow the steps mentioned in
    How to connect a TV to a Desktop computer? to connect your TV to your laptop.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Shafeeq_Khan, Feb 25, 2020
  4. Mohan B P Win User

Laptop and Smart tv screen set up

I can't get a video to stream to my lg smart tv in full screen , it's playing full screen on the pc no problem

Hi Steve,

To assist you better, I like to know; how exactly you are trying to stream video from your PC to LG Smart TV?

As an initial step, I suggest you to try updating the display adapter on your system.

Follow the below steps:

• Click on the Start button, and type Device Manager on the search bar.
    • Open Device Manager, expand Display Adapters.
    • Find and double-click Display Adapters from the left panel to update.
    • Right-click the device, and click Update.

As you are able to play the video full screen in your PC, then it might be an issue related to LG Smart TV. I suggest you to check for the LG Smart TV manual and check what all settings need to done to play video in full screen.

Kindly reply to us, with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Feb 25, 2020
Thema:

Laptop and Smart tv screen set up

1. Laptop and Smart tv screen set up - Similar Threads - Laptop Smart screen

2. Connecting laptop to LG smart TV

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connecting laptop to LG smart TV: I used to connect my laptop Lenovo yoga Windows to my LG tv WebOS TV UQ9000PUD using display settings then connect to a wireless display without any problems and used to extend my laptop display to TV. Now, it's not letting me do it at all, and I reset the TV to factory...
  3. Connecting laptop to LG smart TV

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Connecting laptop to LG smart TV: I used to connect my laptop Lenovo yoga Windows to my LG tv WebOS TV UQ9000PUD using display settings then connect to a wireless display without any problems and used to extend my laptop display to TV. Now, it's not letting me do it at all, and I reset the TV to factory...
  4. Smart TV

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Smart TV: The teacher is using a laptop and SMART TV. She can see her screen on the TV and the icons she requires in the taskbar but when she clicks on them they do not open on the screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/smart-tv/022df5a5-d0f2-4995-8398-f4542a313951
  5. Smart TV

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Smart TV: The teacher is using a laptop and SMART TV. She can see her screen on the TV and the icons she requires in the taskbar but when she clicks on them they do not open on the screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/smart-tv/022df5a5-d0f2-4995-8398-f4542a313951
  6. Smart TV

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. smart tv

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    smart tv: Hi I am a bit worried! I saw this by accident when looking around. I live in a 1 up 1 down flat. Because downstairs did not use the internet much and did not have internet, I let him use mine when he needed to. Which I didnt mind, hes over 50 and not a gamer etc on...
  8. cant connect laptop to smart tv

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cant connect laptop to smart tv: tv is shown as a device but screen mirroring doesn't happen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-connect-laptop-to-smart-tv/15fde9e0-837b-4f04-90d5-ac9161221ece
  9. Laptop connect Samsung smart TV

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Laptop connect Samsung smart TV: laptop connect to Samsung smart TV look not clear. look how to do it make look better clear and I could use laptop to smart TV than hold on my hip nor the desk anywhere. How do I make laptop to smart TV look good work ? 132777
  10. Mirror laptop screen to smart TV

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mirror laptop screen to smart TV: I want to connect my laptop and smart TV wirelessly. I followed recommendations and the devices recognize each other but don’t connect. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mirror-laptop-screen-to-smart-tv/15a5d2dd-4ac3-4c31-8720-0c8e324365fd