Windows 10: Laptop attacked by boot sector virus

Discus and support Laptop attacked by boot sector virus in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; A.V.G. Free anti-virus app turned my Defender off on Windows 10, after me trying to uninstall this app, my laptop was fried by a boot sector virus, due... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Johnjones80, Jan 1, 2020.

1. Laptop attacked by boot sector virus

A.V.G. Free anti-virus app turned my Defender off on Windows 10, after me trying to uninstall this app, my laptop was fried by a boot sector virus, due to no protection and multiple boot ups, contacted A.V.G. they say it was not their platform that caused this problem, however now have pending court action, could you please advice.

:)

Johnjones80, Jan 1, 2020
  2. Mussels Win User

boot sector virus maxtor 6E040L0

i dont even know what a guttman wipe is.

What 'virus' problem are you having?

edit: dont double post, use edits instead.

Your trojan problem isnt coming from your ram or hard drive. trojans are not a boot sector virus. What XP disk are you using, and what service pack is this disk.

Mussels, Jan 1, 2020
  3. boot sector

Hi,
    I have recently been having very frequent blue screen of deaths. So i started up my virus scanner in safe mode and i see it says 1 error. Boot sector of disk reading error. Cause this possibly be the problem on why i am getting blue screens of death. How do i fix my boot sector. I am running windows vista ultimate 64bit.

binsky3333, Jan 1, 2020
  4. sotar79 Win User

Laptop attacked by boot sector virus

MBR Boot sector partition error

After suffering a virus attack on my current laptop there was still found a md5 hash error located on the mbr boot hard drive sector, then I decided to use gparted to perform a new partition on the current installed ssd hard drive and rebuild the mbr boot on whole.

After this I have received as a problem while trying to reinstall my former installed windows 10 version an error following as 0xc000000f BCD error, for my understanding the boot sector is currently damaged and not able to follow up without a boot repair.

At the moment I have used the testdisk tool located with the gparted terminal access and apparently there were found some partition errors or not really well fixed HD sectors.

For now I have been not able to find a solution to fix this problem now in order to reconfigure correctly the partition and mbr boot structure with aim to reinstall properly a new windows OS version.

sotar79, Jan 1, 2020
Thema:

Laptop attacked by boot sector virus

1. Laptop attacked by boot sector virus - Similar Threads - Laptop attacked boot

2. A virus attacked my laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    A virus attacked my laptop: So my laptop was effected by a virus and now my laptop was ruined and 5 months ago i try to troubleshoot my laptop and my windows defender was stopped and i clicked on a link and a .exe virus was attack my laptop and day by day my laptop was effects but i can only play...
  3. A virus attack on Windows boot manager.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A virus attack on Windows boot manager.: I got a virus that destroyed WBM. When I boot my computer about a year old, windows 11. I get the brand logo Asus and a swirling circle. About 3-4 seconds the logo flickers, the machine tries to reboot. That can go one indefinitely. I have created a bootable USB but the same...
  4. A virus attack on Windows boot manager.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A virus attack on Windows boot manager.: I got a virus that destroyed WBM. When I boot my computer about a year old, windows 11. I get the brand logo Asus and a swirling circle. About 3-4 seconds the logo flickers, the machine tries to reboot. That can go one indefinitely. I have created a bootable USB but the same...
  5. Virus Attack danger

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virus Attack danger: Hi,I think I have been victim of a Virus attack and I'm not sure how to fix this.I searched in google for Google Drive download and by mistake I clicked on a "Add" link that looked exactly like google Drive. But after clicking install nothing happened. Link "->...
  6. boot-sector virus.

boot-sector virus.: so this thing lives in the X: Boot partition and I have been going at removing it for quite some time and no worky, I tried complete format, low-level format, deleted "system volume information" it did seem to help, I dont think the virus is active anymore, updated BIOS from...
  7. Boot sector

in Windows 10 Customization
    Boot sector: In someone reason boot is maked on disk 1, not in disc 0????? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/boot-sector/c24b6009-9c7b-4b82-957d-e41eb5ecbc2b
  8. Virus ATTACK

Virus ATTACK: ATTACK???? what should I do??? @McAfee_Help caught it and quarantined it BUT...…. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/virus-attack/9f6a5402-2b4e-47d4-8b42-bc2066c90ed6
  9. virus attack

virus attack: my USB key containing vital information can't open again and it request me to format the key each time. the key is read only which makes ordinary formatting impossible, besides I don't wish to loss the information contained in this drive. what do I do?...
  10. Virus Attack

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Virus Attack: Good Day We had an virus attack by this one ( Dharma ,very all files encrypted and ended with .java extension.) No decryption as off yesterday . " all your data has been locked usYou want to return?write email L: GuardBTC@cock.li " :-) I managed via data recovery do...