Windows 10: Laptop automatically logs me in after I turn on laptop after shutdown

Discus and support Laptop automatically logs me in after I turn on laptop after shutdown in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi, my laptop automatically logs me in. This happens after I turn on my laptop after shutdown. It does not happen when I turn on my laptop from sleep... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Eesha, Feb 4, 2021.

1. Eesha Win User

Laptop automatically logs me in after I turn on laptop after shutdown

Hi, my laptop automatically logs me in. This happens after I turn on my laptop after shutdown. It does not happen when I turn on my laptop from sleep mode. I have tried to get rid of this problem many times but it always turned out to be a temporary solution. Please tell me how I can stop my laptop from automatically logging me in, I want it to ask for my password.

I have already tried the "Check the option for 'Users must enter a username and password to use this computer' and click Apply' option and it was already ticked. I unticked and ticked it again but it didn't work.

I have also tried "launch the registry editor: Press WIN + R, type regedit and click 'OK'. Navigate to the following path:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Authentication\LogonUI\UserSwitch
    Change value of the key Enabled from 0 to 1, then disallow the system from automatically changing it back to 0". But this only turned out to be a temporary solution.

lastly, I also tried "command prompts (cmd) as an administrator and type in "powercfg -attributes SUB_BUTTONS 99ff10e7-23b1-4c07-a9d1-5c3206d741b4 -ATTRIB_HIDE" and click enter, then go onto the control panel and click on 'power options', then click on 'change plan settings', then click 'change advanced power settings', then click on 'power buttons and lid' and then click 'lid open action' and then lastly click on 'do nothing'" option. But this was also a temporary solution.

I am the only one who uses this laptop so there is only 1 account on this laptop. Please tell me a permanent solution for this problem.

:)

Eesha, Feb 4, 2021

2. Shutdown problem on my Windows 10 laptop.

Hello,

We suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps below to resolve the issues with the shutdown function of your laptop:

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar beside the Windows icon.
    • Select Troubleshooting from the results.
    • Under System and Security, select Fix Problems with Windows Update.
    • Choose Troubleshoot as an Administrator.

Let us know if the steps above worked for you.

Jennifer Bri, Feb 4, 2021
  3. Zeeba# Win User
    My hp laptop wont turn on

This is a frequent problem am sure as you have already seen from online searches.

Flea power is usually the culprit here, basically its residual power that remains on the computer even after thecomputer has been shutdown. You can drain the flea power with the steps the other answers have suggested.

• Disconnecting the battery and adapter
    • Press the hardpress the power button for 30 seconds
    • This should clear the flea power

If this doesnt work, read this article its about
    a dell inspiron
    but the same applies for you hp. It has some detailed step by step instructions

Zeeba#, Feb 4, 2021
  4. n-ster Win User

n-ster, Feb 4, 2021
Thema:

1. Laptop automatically logs me in after I turn on laptop after shutdown - Similar Threads - Laptop automatically logs

2. My laptop turns on again after shutdown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop turns on again after shutdown: the pop up appears when I try to shut down my laptop, I've done it like on youtube but it still doesn't work. please help me thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-turns-on-again-after-shutdown/41e4c375-7784-48eb-a93b-807388220b21
  3. My laptop turns on again after shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop turns on again after shutdown: the pop up appears when I try to shut down my laptop, I've done it like on youtube but it still doesn't work. please help me thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-turns-on-again-after-shutdown/41e4c375-7784-48eb-a93b-807388220b21
  4. My laptop turns on again after shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My laptop isn't turning on after shutdown.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop isn't turning on after shutdown.: sometimes when i turn on my laptop the indicators light up but the screen remains black then i have to long press power button for shutdown and then turn it on again for it to work. i have updated all the drivers so the issue shouldn't be there. is it a windows issue? what...
  6. My laptop isn't turning on after shutdown.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop isn't turning on after shutdown.: sometimes when i turn on my laptop the indicators light up but the screen remains black then i have to long press power button for shutdown and then turn it on again for it to work. i have updated all the drivers so the issue shouldn't be there. is it a windows issue? what...
  7. Laptop restarts after shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop restarts after shutdown: Hi guys! My laptop is restarting everytime I try to shut it down. I tried everything i found online. Nothing is working. I even reinstalled the windows. I don’t know what to do anymore...
  8. Laptop turns on itself instantly after a normal shutdown

Laptop turns on itself instantly after a normal shutdown: [ATTACH]Hello, I'm facing a problem past couple days with my ASUS Zenbook 14 UM425-IA that is: Everytime I shutdown my laptop, it turns on automatically after the shutdown, displaying on the lockscreen a message: A problem has occurred and your pin is not available, press...
  9. automatic shutdown on laptop

automatic shutdown on laptop: hey y'all...laptop automatically shuts down while in use...sometimes when I turn it back on, it goes into auto repair and continues to work for awhile...what's the issue & how much will it cost...or is it time for a new laptop?...thanks!...
  10. Laptop keyboard not turning on after shutdown

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop keyboard not turning on after shutdown: Hi there, I've been noticing a really weird issue with my ASUS laptop keyboard - the keyboard just sometimes doesn't work. Sometimes, the keyboard does not respond at all after start up backlight is off, keys are unresponsive, etc. I've logged in and checked under Device...