Windows 10: Laptop automatically restart whenever shutdown/sleep.

Discus and support Laptop automatically restart whenever shutdown/sleep. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Pls help. My 6 month laptop restart automatically when ever I put it in shut down/sleep. This happen only working in battery only. If I plugged in and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Sai_rj99, Sep 14, 2021.

1. Sai_rj99 Win User

Laptop automatically restart whenever shutdown/sleep.

Pls help. My 6 month laptop restart automatically when ever I put it in shut down/sleep. This happen only working in battery only. If I plugged in and try to shut it down or sleep it will work like normal without any restarting issue. Till this day I didn't installed or visited any third party files or links to my laptop so I can pretty sure no malware or viruses. I have tried down following steps below to fix this issue. - I have updated to latest windows and bios - Disabled Auto restart failure - Turned off Fast start up from 'Power and sleep' - Turn off services from system config and tried

:)

Sai_rj99, Sep 14, 2021

2. My Laptop wont shutdown , sleep and restart!!

I tried doing that but I don't have any option like that!
    Laptop automatically restart whenever shutdown/sleep. [​IMG]
    !

The Magician, Sep 14, 2021
  3. Laptop won' t shutdown (or restart) and sleep [takes forever]

The situation:

• When shutting down, the laptop proceeds as normal until the screen turns off.
    • After the screen turns off, it takes a while for the battery LED to go off.
    • After that the power led remains on and it looks like the laptop is stuck in this state forever.
    • When I try to get my laptop to sleep, something similar happens; the power led remains on, the battery led turns off and the laptop appears to be stuck in this state.
    My laptop is: Asus FX553VD.

What I've tried:

• I have tried to troubleshoot power management and power options.
    • Tried clean boot.
    • Updated the BIOS.
    • Reinstalled windows and tried shutdown and sleep (without installing the drivers and stuff), however that didn't work either.

Additional Info:

• I have multiple operating systems installed in my laptop, however this problem persists on windows only (the OSes are installed on different drives).
    • The disk usage is abnormally high.
    • There are spikes in CPU usage that kick up the fan really fast while idle.

Please suggest other ideas as to what I should do?

[It appears that the only option I have left is to reinstall everything]

10gic-80m8, Sep 14, 2021
  4. Laptop automatically restart whenever shutdown/sleep.

Automatic Shutdown in Sleep Mode

Thank you for the response sir.

The detail you required is

System Model HP Pavilion Laptop 15-cc1xx

System Type x64-based PC

System SKU 2SL85PA#ACJ

Sir, I tried the procedure you wrote but still the problem persists. I would also want to add a point that my system takes longer time to restart once it automatically shuts down in sleep mode. Moreover, the automatic shutdown in sleep mode is immediate
    as soon as I put it in Sleep.

Viren Ramchandani, Sep 14, 2021
Thema:

Laptop automatically restart whenever shutdown/sleep.

1. Laptop automatically restart whenever shutdown/sleep. - Similar Threads - Laptop automatically restart

2. Laptop always restarts after shutdown and won’t go to sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop always restarts after shutdown and won’t go to sleep: In the last few hours of use I noticed my laptop wasn’t going to sleep when I closed the lid of the laptop like it always has done. I tried shutting down my laptop via the shutdown function but it immediately turned itself back on, and does this every time I use the shutdown...
  3. Laptop always restarts after shutdown and won’t go to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop always restarts after shutdown and won’t go to sleep: In the last few hours of use I noticed my laptop wasn’t going to sleep when I closed the lid of the laptop like it always has done. I tried shutting down my laptop via the shutdown function but it immediately turned itself back on, and does this every time I use the shutdown...
  4. Windows 10 laptop will not shutdown automatically after going to sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 laptop will not shutdown automatically after going to sleep: I've tried everything it seems to get my HP Envy laptop running Windows 10 64 bit to turn off automatically after going to sleep. This problem recently started a few weeks ago.I have looked in powercfg -requests for anything keeping it on but there is nothing there.I even...
  5. Windows 10 laptop will not shutdown automatically after going to sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 laptop will not shutdown automatically after going to sleep: I've tried everything it seems to get my HP Envy laptop running Windows 10 64 bit to turn off automatically after going to sleep. This problem recently started a few weeks ago.I have looked in powercfg -requests for anything keeping it on but there is nothing there.I even...
  6. Windows 10 laptop will not shutdown automatically after going to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. My laptop can't shutdown/sleep/hibernate, only restarts

My laptop can't shutdown/sleep/hibernate, only restarts: Hello! I've been having this problem where my laptop can't shutdown. If I press shutdown, it only restarts. If I press sleep, it restarts too, same with hibernate. For now I just force shutdown my laptop by pressing and holding the power button. Please help. My laptop's...
  8. automatic shutdown on laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    automatic shutdown on laptop: hey y'all...laptop automatically shuts down while in use...sometimes when I turn it back on, it goes into auto repair and continues to work for awhile...what's the issue & how much will it cost...or is it time for a new laptop?...thanks!...
  9. Laptop won' t shutdown (or restart) and sleep [takes forever]

Laptop won' t shutdown (or restart) and sleep [takes forever]: The situation: When shutting down, the laptop proceeds as normal until the screen turns off. After the screen turns off, it takes a while for the battery LED to go off. After that the power led remains on and it looks like the laptop is stuck in this state forever. When I...
  10. My Laptop wont shutdown , sleep and restart!!

My Laptop wont shutdown , sleep and restart!!: i have an asus x550lc which i recently upgraded to windows 10 x64. My pc is having a serious problem. it wont shutdown or sleep or restart properly. Sometimes it works all fine but most of the time after i shutdown or sleep the pc... the pc will turn off the screen and the...