Windows 10: Laptop automatically unlocks without asking for fingerprint/PIN/Password

Discus and support Laptop automatically unlocks without asking for fingerprint/PIN/Password in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I've bought a new laptop (Huawei Matebook D) a few weeks ago: this is my first laptop with a fingerprint reader, so I don't know if this is a known... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by David S_25, Jan 31, 2019.

1. Laptop automatically unlocks without asking for fingerprint/PIN/Password

I've bought a new laptop (Huawei Matebook D) a few weeks ago: this is my first laptop with a fingerprint reader, so I don't know if this is a known issue or what, anyway it's been behaving like this since I got it.

What happens is that sometimes when I start the laptop, or when I wake it up from sleep, it automatically unlocks without asking for the fingerprint as it usually does.

I'm thinking this might be an issue with the fingerprint reader because quite often when I start the PC I get the message "Fingerprint not recognised. Try using a different finger." before I even touch the reader.

I've already tried to remove the fingerprints and to add them again, but this keeps happening.

I hope someone has any idea how to fix this, because it's a quite troublesome issue security-wise.

:)

David S_25, Jan 31, 2019
  2. markg2 Win User

PIN + Fingerprint but no password option?

Preinstalled OS on new laptop w/fingerprint reader. Starting the machine I was prompted for a PIN and then my fingerprint but not a (the) password that I use on my Win7 machine and is required for various installed programs and the home network. I must be blind but Settings/Accounts/Sign-in Options is all for my MS account not the machine.

Nothing under Settings/Privacy or /Updates and Security.

Okay, I'll bite, where is 'give this OS a password' hidden?

Mark

markg2, Jan 31, 2019
  3. Bropper Win User
    Forgot Admin Password and Pin, usually use fingerprint but now requires pin!

I usually use my fingerprint to log into the admin account which I do so rarely. I have a few other non-admin accounts on the laptop.

When I tried to log into the admin account today with the fingerprint it asks for my pin as well?! This seems to be an issue with some new update. So now I cannot access the admin account since I do not know the pin or password (although the fingerprint
    is recognized and requires an extra pin to be approved)

This is entirely retarded, do I no longer have admin access for Windows 10 and I DO NOT WANT TO WIPE OUT MY COMPUTER TO RESTORE ADMIN ACCESS BEFORE ANYONE SUGGESTS THAT.

Bropper, Jan 31, 2019
  4. Mike1951 Win User

Laptop automatically unlocks without asking for fingerprint/PIN/Password

Prefer Fingerprint Reader use Password Instead of PIN

I just purchased a modest Toshiba laptop to replace my five year old HP laptop. Being new to W10, I am not impressed with and do not trust the use of a PIN rather than a sophisticated password.

The USB reader I bought for the Toshiba is an Eikon using Authentec driver. I dislike the apparent limitation of Windows Hello to only associate the fingerprint reader with the PIN. But my real issue is that this prevents my using the FP reader to also open my password program.

On my HP laptop, I have this capability with SimplePass. I actually attempted to install HP's SimplePass on the Toshiba, but it would not install.

Unless I'm overlooking a way to do this with W10, I'm looking for a utility that will store password(s) for use by the FP reader both for logon and accessing, at the minimum, my password program.

I do not wish to change the password for my password program to the Hello PIN just to achieve the dual function.

Any enlightenment and/or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

Mike1951, Jan 31, 2019
Thema:

Laptop automatically unlocks without asking for fingerprint/PIN/Password

1. Laptop automatically unlocks without asking for fingerprint/PIN/Password - Similar Threads - Laptop automatically unlocks

2. Unlock Laptop pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unlock Laptop pin: forgot my laptop pin and I’m unable to login to my outlook account even though I know the email password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unlock-laptop-pin/57808229-5a2a-4c90-b7f6-1f45d5acd3c3
  3. Unlock Laptop pin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unlock Laptop pin: forgot my laptop pin and I’m unable to login to my outlook account even though I know the email password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unlock-laptop-pin/57808229-5a2a-4c90-b7f6-1f45d5acd3c3
  4. Laptop automatically unlocks without asking for fingerprint

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Laptop automatically unlocks without asking for fingerprint: Greetings,I recently started using the Windows Hello feature with my Lenovo Thinkpad E15 fingerprint readerIt's working fine but sometimes when I power on my PC, and just as the lock screen appears and the fingerprint reader LED ring start blinking - which indicate that I...
  5. Laptop automatically unlocks without asking for fingerprint

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop automatically unlocks without asking for fingerprint: Greetings,I recently started using the Windows Hello feature with my Lenovo Thinkpad E15 fingerprint readerIt's working fine but sometimes when I power on my PC, and just as the lock screen appears and the fingerprint reader LED ring start blinking - which indicate that I...
  6. Laptop automatically unlocks without asking for fingerprint

7. my laptop unlocks without full pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my laptop unlocks without full pin: I just reset my password after forgetting it. When I tried keying in the new password, my laptop unlocks even before I finish keying in the password, is this normal? please help me! I'm really confused and worried...
  8. my laptop unlocks without full pin

my laptop unlocks without full pin: I just reset my password after forgetting it. When I tried keying in the new password, my laptop unlocks even before I finish keying in the password, is this normal? please help me! I'm really confused and worried...
  9. PIN, password, and fingerprint not taking

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    PIN, password, and fingerprint not taking: I have schoolwork I need to be doing on this computer like. right at this moment so this is urgent.First: I don't remember my password. I set it when I got the computer two years ago and have not used it once. I don't have a reset password link.My pin was very recently...
  10. PIN + Fingerprint but no password option?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    PIN + Fingerprint but no password option?: Preinstalled OS on new laptop w/fingerprint reader. Starting the machine I was prompted for a PIN and then my fingerprint but not a (the) password that I use on my Win7 machine and is required for various installed programs and the home network. I must be blind but...