Windows 10: Laptop automatically unlocks without asking for fingerprint

Discus and support Laptop automatically unlocks without asking for fingerprint in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Greetings,I recently started using the Windows Hello feature with my Lenovo Thinkpad E15 fingerprint readerIt's working fine but sometimes when I power... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by FaisalObaidi, Mar 17, 2023.

1. Laptop automatically unlocks without asking for fingerprint

Greetings,I recently started using the Windows Hello feature with my Lenovo Thinkpad E15 fingerprint readerIt's working fine but sometimes when I power on my PC, and just as the lock screen appears and the fingerprint reader LED ring start blinking - which indicate that I need to scan my finger- the PC automatically unlocks itself.This is a major security concern for me as anyone can just access my PCPlease help me understand why this is happening and how can I prevent it

:)

FaisalObaidi, Mar 17, 2023

2. Laptop automatically unlocks without asking for fingerprint/PIN/Password

I've bought a new laptop (Huawei Matebook D) a few weeks ago: this is my first laptop with a fingerprint reader, so I don't know if this is a known issue or what, anyway it's been behaving like this since I got it.

What happens is that sometimes when I start the laptop, or when I wake it up from sleep, it automatically unlocks without asking for the fingerprint as it usually does.

I'm thinking this might be an issue with the fingerprint reader because quite often when I start the PC I get the message "Fingerprint not recognised. Try using a different finger." before I even touch the reader.

I've already tried to remove the fingerprints and to add them again, but this keeps happening.

I hope someone has any idea how to fix this, because it's a quite troublesome issue security-wise.

David S_25, Mar 17, 2023
  3. Laptop automatically unlocks without asking for fingerprint/PIN/Password

My bad, I misread it.

Yeah, it was already not on Never, I changed the setting in Step 3 (Step 1 was also already okay) and tried to put the laptop to sleep and to unlock it a few times.

It seems like it's working, but as this issue has been happening a little randomly I'll let you know should it happen again.

Thanks!

David S_25, Mar 17, 2023
  4. Laptop automatically unlocks without asking for fingerprint

Laptop automatically unlocks without asking for fingerprint/PIN/Password

Hi Vijay,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I'm not sure how Step 2 is supposed to fix my issue, I want Windows to request fingerprint/password on startup and on wake up, isn't setting that option to never supposed to get the opposite result?

David S_25, Mar 17, 2023
Thema:

Laptop automatically unlocks without asking for fingerprint

1. Laptop automatically unlocks without asking for fingerprint - Similar Threads - Laptop automatically unlocks

2. Possible security issue. Windows 10 unlocked without asking for PW

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Possible security issue. Windows 10 unlocked without asking for PW: Unfortunately its hard to recreate this situation but it happend to me twice now: When i started my PC i got a window asking me to do some setup steps for Windows. Asked if i want to use edge... no obviously... Asked if i wanted to create a microsoft account... i press...
  3. Laptop automatically unlocks without asking for fingerprint

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Laptop automatically unlocks without asking for fingerprint: Greetings,I recently started using the Windows Hello feature with my Lenovo Thinkpad E15 fingerprint readerIt's working fine but sometimes when I power on my PC, and just as the lock screen appears and the fingerprint reader LED ring start blinking - which indicate that I...
  4. Laptop automatically unlocks without asking for fingerprint

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop automatically unlocks without asking for fingerprint: Greetings,I recently started using the Windows Hello feature with my Lenovo Thinkpad E15 fingerprint readerIt's working fine but sometimes when I power on my PC, and just as the lock screen appears and the fingerprint reader LED ring start blinking - which indicate that I...
  5. my laptop unlocks without full pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my laptop unlocks without full pin: I just reset my password after forgetting it. When I tried keying in the new password, my laptop unlocks even before I finish keying in the password, is this normal? please help me! I'm really confused and worried...
  6. my laptop unlocks without full pin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my laptop unlocks without full pin: I just reset my password after forgetting it. When I tried keying in the new password, my laptop unlocks even before I finish keying in the password, is this normal? please help me! I'm really confused and worried...
  7. Fingerprint unlock issues

Fingerprint unlock issues: Split from this thread. Fingerprint unlock issues Each time the lock screen appears a glitch occurs where I cannot use my fingerprint to unlock on the lenovo think pad T480s laptop. I have to incorrectly enter a pin number first, and then I am able to select the...
  8. To ask why laptop locks automatically.

To ask why laptop locks automatically.: Actually my laptop is locked automatically when i was working . And i switched off my laptop and i am trying to open my laptop but it does's not giving me any response. Suggest me what what i have to do. As working on laptop is mine daily activity....
  9. Fingerprint unlock stopped working

Fingerprint unlock stopped working: I bought a new laptop with fingerprint sensor and it worked for about a week using the fingerprint unlock. Now it has stopped working and says my device isn't compatible???? How can I get it working again. I have been into settings and it says the device isn't compatible...
  10. Laptop automatically unlocks without asking for fingerprint/PIN/Password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Laptop automatically unlocks without asking for fingerprint/PIN/Password: I've bought a new laptop (Huawei Matebook D) a few weeks ago: this is my first laptop with a fingerprint reader, so I don't know if this is a known issue or what, anyway it's been behaving like this since I got it. What happens is that sometimes when I start the laptop, or...