Windows 10: Laptop balanced power plan or power saver

Discus and support Laptop balanced power plan or power saver in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My laptop vents has no dust and foreign matters, also i have cooling pad. But when cpu going to 100% caused by update, maintenance, etc, it can hurt my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RendellSibal1, May 7, 2020.

1. Laptop balanced power plan or power saver

My laptop vents has no dust and foreign matters, also i have cooling pad. But when cpu going to 100% caused by update, maintenance, etc, it can hurt my 6 years laptop. Since the temperature can be mesured in 3rd patry app called core temp it rise about 75% when heavy load, games etc, and about idle is about 57 to 65 celsius. It happen since my laptop is new about 2014, then i always turn to power saver than balanced since 2015 so the temperature will be about 40 to 55 celsius when cold weather and 58 to 65 c when hot weather. Also i'll rarely turn to balanced if necessary But power saver is safe? And harmless?

Thanks

:)

RendellSibal1, May 7, 2020
  2. Ṣmeed Win User
    Ṣmeed, May 7, 2020
  3. will_wadd Win User
    beeping when screen turns off in balanced/power saver plans

I have Lenovo ideapad300 15ibr laptop with Windows 10 64 bit.

When on battery in balanced and power saver plans after the screen turns itself off after set time idle there is a beep like when the computer turns on and a sound like a drive spinning up. It then goes quiet and every 20 seconds or so another beep and the
    drive/fan spins up and then goes quiet again.

Strangely this does not happen in High Performance power plan even if all advanced settings are set to the same as either balanced or power saver. It also does not happen when power cord is plugged in.

It does not happen in safe mode and so I tried disabling the Intel HD driver which gives the same look as in safe mode but in normal windows the problem remains.

All drivers appear up to date.

Is this a feature of windows 10 that it tries to shut down the hard drive when the screen is off and spin up when needed and it just so happens that this makes my laptop beep.

I can work around this by creating my own power plan based on the high performance plan or by setting balanced and power saver plans to go straight to sleep rather than staying on with screen off.

I am wondering whether this is a windows issue with a solution or a sign of a hardware problem that could get worse over time e.g hard drive failure

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

will_wadd, May 7, 2020
  4. san2222 Win User

Laptop balanced power plan or power saver

Power Plans missing

Thanks, but the issue still persists.

I made a custom plan named "Intense". In Mobility Center I see, Balanced, Power Saver, and Intense. Now if I choose Power Saver, all three shows up in Control Panel (no High Performance though). But if I choose Balance, the Power Saver goes missing again.

san2222, May 7, 2020
Thema:

Laptop balanced power plan or power saver

1. Laptop balanced power plan or power saver - Similar Threads - Laptop balanced power

2. Other power plans are missing Theres only "balanced" power plan

in Windows 10 Customization
    Other power plans are missing Theres only "balanced" power plan: Other power plans are missing on me. I saw some videos on the YouTube about that but none of them worked! I saw it worked on some people but at me instead of getting other power plans, I have 4 balanced power plans. I tried that thing where you copy and paste other power...
  3. Other power plans are missing Theres only "balanced" power plan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Other power plans are missing Theres only "balanced" power plan: Other power plans are missing on me. I saw some videos on the YouTube about that but none of them worked! I saw it worked on some people but at me instead of getting other power plans, I have 4 balanced power plans. I tried that thing where you copy and paste other power...
  4. MISSING POWER PLAN - Can only create a 'Balanced' power plan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MISSING POWER PLAN - Can only create a 'Balanced' power plan: Hi, I've had this problem for a while but thought I'd finally post a question. I have a Dell XPS 15 9570 and windows 11, and while I am trying to create a 'high performance' power plan, the option just doesn't show up. The only option I have available to me is to create...
  5. MISSING POWER PLAN - Can only create a 'Balanced' power plan

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MISSING POWER PLAN - Can only create a 'Balanced' power plan: Hi, I've had this problem for a while but thought I'd finally post a question. I have a Dell XPS 15 9570 and windows 11, and while I am trying to create a 'high performance' power plan, the option just doesn't show up. The only option I have available to me is to create...
  6. Power plan changing to 'Power saver' automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power plan changing to 'Power saver' automatically: Hi,I recently came across a problem with my performance on my laptop. In the end, I discovered that the power plans on my laptop Windows 10 are messed up real good.On every start or restart, every time I plug and unplug the charger, the Windows power plan is set to 'Power...
  7. Power plan changing to 'Power saver' automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power plan changing to 'Power saver' automatically: Hi,I recently came across a problem with my performance on my laptop. In the end, I discovered that the power plans on my laptop Windows 10 are messed up real good.On every start or restart, every time I plug and unplug the charger, the Windows power plan is set to 'Power...
  8. Power plan changing to 'Power saver' automatically

9. balanced plan for power

balanced plan for power: cannot get high performance power plan as option on laptop, what do I do? powercfg change does not work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/balanced-plan-for-power/b598c38c-df19-4005-93c0-148c12ed713e
  10. power plans are switching back and forth by themselves (from balanced to power saver mode)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    power plans are switching back and forth by themselves (from balanced to power saver mode): Noticed that when changing power mode that the plan modes are changing by themselves. Is this normal or what? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-plans-are-switching-back-and-forth-by/511f4b1f-d16b-4a32-b163-23ebc378363c