Windows 10: Laptop battery and charging issues after recent update

Discus and support Laptop battery and charging issues after recent update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a Lenovo T440 laptop and after a recent Windows 10 update it is refusing to charge the batteries (at least as far as I can see). Symptoms are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by paull965, Aug 21, 2018.

1. paull965 Win User

Laptop battery and charging issues after recent update

I have a Lenovo T440 laptop and after a recent Windows 10 update it is refusing to charge the batteries (at least as far as I can see).

Symptoms are as follows, plugged in to mains, no charging indicated and runs in battery only mode (dimmed screen, etc).

If I disable the battery drivers in device manager it then works in mains mode (full screen brightness, etc) but doesn't charge the batteries.

If I uninstall the battery drivers I've managed to get it to work for a short while with the batteries being charged but pretty much every time a Windows update is installed it reverts to the no charging situation.

I've tried another charger and that has the same effect.

This model has 2 batteries (and therefore two entries in device manager) but individually uninstalling/disabling the devices or unplugging the removable battery eventually reverts to the no charging scenario.

:)

paull965, Aug 21, 2018
  2. Jessen P Win User

Laptop battery not charging

Hi Arvind,

Thank you for being part of Windows 10.

What is the make and model of the laptop?

I suggest you to un-install and re-install battery drivers from Device manager and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Device Manager.
    • Expand Batteries and right click on Batteries ACPI and click on Un-install.
    • Restart the computer and check.

Do get back to us for any issues pertaining in the future. We will be happy to help.

Jessen P, Aug 21, 2018
  3. Laptop battery

I have recently put a replacement laptop battery into my toshiba laptop. The battery charges fine and will run the system for about 1.5 to 2 hours. The computer will not show however the status of the battery charged or discharging the only way i know its charged is when the battery light on the laptop goes green.

Any help would be great

*Frown Laptop battery and charging issues after recent update :(

Dedaylewis, Aug 21, 2018
  4. curt jugg Win User

New battery not charging

I have an Acer Aspire V3-771 laptop (which is three and a half years old) with its original battery. As the battery is not holding the charge for as long as it used to I decided to replace it. I inserted he new battery, which already showed a charge of 60%, and let it run down to the point when the laptop turned itself off. However, when I tried to recharge the battery, the battery icon showed "6% available, plugged in, not charging". I contacted the supplier of the battery and they sent me a new one. This showed an initial charge of 93% so, in view of my problem with the previous battery, I decided to try and charge it up to full capacity before letting it run down. But as soon as I tried this the battery icon showed "93% available, plugged in, not charging". So I unplugged the charger and again let the battery run down until the computer turned itself off. I plugged the charger in again but then got "6% available, plugged in, not charging". I have no problem charging the old battery, so can anyone please suggest what the problem might be? I have tried taking out the battery and unplugging the charger and holding down the power button for 30 seconds, but this hasn't worked. Grateful for any advice.

curt jugg, Aug 21, 2018
Thema:

1. Laptop battery and charging issues after recent update - Similar Threads - Laptop battery charging

2. Battery is not charging after the updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery is not charging after the updates: Battery is not charging after the the security intelligent updates installed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-is-not-charging-after-the-updates/fb3f5114-5722-433a-bae3-5545fba70d06
  3. Battery is not charging after the updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery is not charging after the updates: Battery is not charging after the the security intelligent updates installed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-is-not-charging-after-the-updates/fb3f5114-5722-433a-bae3-5545fba70d06
  4. HP battery won't charge after updates recently.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP battery won't charge after updates recently.: I have tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it. Computer does not recognize that it has a battery. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-battery-wont-charge-after-updates-recently/b1ad0df3-20e7-40fd-b777-2c8884ed0438
  5. HP battery won't charge after updates recently.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP battery won't charge after updates recently.: I have tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it. Computer does not recognize that it has a battery. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-battery-wont-charge-after-updates-recently/b1ad0df3-20e7-40fd-b777-2c8884ed0438
  6. Laptop battery charging issue after WIN10 20H2 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop battery charging issue after WIN10 20H2 update: My laptop would not increase its battery charge level even when plugged in actually that's not 100% true, details below.When the laptop is plugged in, the battery charging icon in the task bar would show the charging animation for a short while and then the animation stops....
  7. Battery no longer charging after recent Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Battery no longer charging after recent Windows 10 update: Good Afternoon My computer was updated this morning and now the battery is no longer charging at all. It states it is "plugged in" when connected to mains power but is no longer charging. How do I fix this problem?...
  8. Battery issue, no charging

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Battery issue, no charging: [ATTACH] I have a one year old Xiaomi Mi Gaming Laptop 2nd gen (i7 8750H), which have a battery issue after installing the last Windows update. Basically it looks like Windows can't see a battery installed, I tried different ways to fix this issue like unplug the battery...
  9. laptop battery wont charge after latest update

in Windows 10 Support
    laptop battery wont charge after latest update: there was a mandatory update that came out a few days ago but i only installed it today. everything was fine and i left my laptop. when i came back to it in the evening i noticed that the battery keeps going down even though it's plugged in. it went down from 100% to 50% in...
  10. Battery not charging after update.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Battery not charging after update.: After the automatic update identified as Windows 10, version 1803 I can not charge the battery beyond 6%. The battery and charger test as good.Battery...