Windows 10: Laptop Battery at 0% but still running

Discus and support Laptop Battery at 0% but still running in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My laptop was running a program and was put into sleep for a few hours. I logged in a few hours later and my laptop was at 0% with 100% brightness on.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Jah123456, Feb 9, 2019.

1. Jah123456 Win User

Laptop Battery at 0% but still running

My laptop was running a program and was put into sleep for a few hours. I logged in a few hours later and my laptop was at 0% with 100% brightness on. I quickly plugged in my charger. Is there anything I should know about this?

:)

Jah123456, Feb 9, 2019

2. Laptop battery problem

Hi,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your laptop battery, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you run the power troubleshooter. Below are the steps:

• Type troubleshoot in the search bar.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, look for and select
      Power
    • Click the Run the troubleshooter button, and follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Feb 9, 2019
  3. Juntao Win User
    Laptop battery issue

Hey everyone! I have an old dell laptop with a pentium 2 and 64MB of ram. Real powerful(lol). It is running 98. The old battery had died and purchased a generic replacement supposedly for that model. The numbers match and all. The problem is the notebook will not recognize the battery. Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks. It is just for notes and stuff.

Juntao, Feb 9, 2019
  4. Jessen P Win User

Laptop battery not charging

Hi Arvind,

Thank you for being part of Windows 10.

What is the make and model of the laptop?

I suggest you to un-install and re-install battery drivers from Device manager and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Device Manager.
    • Expand Batteries and right click on Batteries ACPI and click on Un-install.
    • Restart the computer and check.

Do get back to us for any issues pertaining in the future. We will be happy to help.

Jessen P, Feb 9, 2019
Thema:

1. Laptop Battery at 0% but still running - Similar Threads - Laptop Battery still

2. Windows running extremely slowly and battery reflects 0%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows running extremely slowly and battery reflects 0%: My windows has suddenly started running extremely slowly and outlook and web pages take forever to load. Additionally, my battery life reflects 0% but continues to function although my laptop has been charging for 8 hours. Please help urgently! Much appreciated....
  3. Windows running extremely slowly and battery reflects 0%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows running extremely slowly and battery reflects 0%: My windows has suddenly started running extremely slowly and outlook and web pages take forever to load. Additionally, my battery life reflects 0% but continues to function although my laptop has been charging for 8 hours. Please help urgently! Much appreciated....
  4. 0 task running but still 100% Disk Usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    0 task running but still 100% Disk Usage: Title says all... any Tips, Solution ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/0-task-running-but-still-100-disk-usage/506b25dd-b75d-4495-b39a-e9961ce5ef0f
  5. 0 task running but still 100% Disk Usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    0 task running but still 100% Disk Usage: Title says all... any Tips, Solution ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/0-task-running-but-still-100-disk-usage/506b25dd-b75d-4495-b39a-e9961ce5ef0f
  6. Laptop says 0% but still works

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop says 0% but still works: I've noticed recently that my Dell XPS 13 9360 has been getting poor battery life recently so I decided to check the battery health and it says it's at 63%. I then did a full drain to do a battery cycle. When the battery got to 4% it shut off but I powered it back on. it then...
  7. Laptop battery shows 0% but still works perfectly fine

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop battery shows 0% but still works perfectly fine: So a few days ago, the battery got completely discharged to 0%, then when I opened my laptop again, it was showing 100% charged, but when I unplugged, it shutdown instantly The orange light glows for 1-2 seconds after plugging in and then blue lights glows. Then I tried to...
  8. Battery 0%

Battery 0%: Hi! My name is Naren and I live in India. Whenever I check for my battery it keeps showing 0%. I got this problem on March and I looked for solutions but none of them really worked. I am not sure if my battery's life died or its the problem with the update. My friend got this...
  9. Battery drops 0% but still able to run

Battery drops 0% but still able to run: If your battery drops to 0% and you're able to run it without a charger, will that cause any issues? Right now my laptop is charging. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-drops-0-but-still-able-to-run/1caa20b3-ba03-4195-a528-990f8465216f
  10. Laptop Battery at 0% and still running

Laptop Battery at 0% and still running: Happened to me. Anything to know about this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-battery-at-0-and-still-running/28fa0bfe-f285-4006-bea6-70636fb80b8a

Users found this page by searching for:

1. the laptop charging is 0% only from last 1 hour

2. my laptop shows 0% battery but still running