Windows 10: Laptop Battery Buying Advice

Discus and support Laptop Battery Buying Advice in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; May have to replace my battery. Seen them on Ebay and Amazon but was wondering how to gauge what's a smart/safe buy beyond the ratings and warranty as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by VFN, Mar 24, 2020.

1. VFN
    VFN Win User

Laptop Battery Buying Advice

May have to replace my battery. Seen them on Ebay and Amazon but was wondering how to gauge what's a smart/safe buy beyond the ratings and warranty as many seem similar in that regard.

Thanks

:)

2. laptop battery wont charge after latest update

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s okay if you only have 1).

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

FreeBooter, Mar 24, 2020
  3. Battery Won't Charge Fully

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Laptop Battery Buying Advice pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Mar 24, 2020
  4. VFN
    VFN Win User

May have to replace my battery. Seen them on Ebay and Amazon but was wondering how to gauge what's a smart/safe buy beyond the ratings and warranty as many seem similar in that regard.

Thanks

Thema:

1. Laptop Battery Buying Advice - Similar Threads - Laptop Battery Buying

2. Advice buying a used laptop with windows 10...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Advice buying a used laptop with windows 10...: I saw a laptop in a shop in my city. It was 130$, it had windows 10. So I thought to buy it, however, when I saw the specs, I wasn;t so sure whether I should buy it. It had win.10, 6gb of ram, and a hdd of 140gb, the processor was i5, and the graphics, were decent.. Do you...
  3. Laptop Battery Buying Advice

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop Battery Buying Advice: May have to replace my battery. Seen them on Ebay and Amazon but was wondering how to gauge what's a smart/safe buy beyond the ratings and warranty as many seem similar in that regard. Thanks 152371
  4. New Laptop Buying Advice

in Windows 10 Support
    New Laptop Buying Advice: Wondering if anyone could offer some advice please. I am looking at buying a new laptop as my current HP is on it's last legs. With the Black Friday deals, now seems to be a good time. I have found two deals that seem to me to be fairly good but am not sure which is the best...
  5. Advice on buying new Monitor for an older PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Advice on buying new Monitor for an older PC: I have a 12 year old PC. It's a Dell XPS 410 that has had many hardware upgrades through the years to include a SSD, a Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 ti graphics card, a 600W PSU, 8g RAM, and an Intel Core Quad CPU (Q6600) at 2.4 GHz. This is not hardly a modern day gaming rig. But...
  6. buying SSD ? any advice?

buying SSD ? any advice?: Hello My SSD, which is Trascend 128GB, bought only two years ago, but it just fails a few days ago. BIOS couldn't detect it. Plugging it to the external case of another computer, it doesn't read it too. Just like any computer doesn't find this drive. I believe it's failed....
  7. Battery charging advice

in Windows 10 Support
    Battery charging advice: When the battery is fully charged is it necessary to switch the AC charge off? I have had contradictory advice on this, and now due to a charging / battery issue with my 2-in-1 Tablet PC I need to know. If I do turn AC off I usually (not always) find I cannot switch charging...
  8. Laptop buying advice

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop buying advice: I am considering these two laptops for my younger brother who is planning to launch his own youtube channel and want to edit videos. We have a budget constraint of 36000 INR. Which one would be better from the following models? One laptop has a better CPU while the other one...
  9. Where to buy a laptop battery?

Where to buy a laptop battery?: Trying to find a decent battery for my Y500, i know you can buy them off ebay, amazon etc but is there any other places? Or do you just take a chance and buy one from ebay? 61037
  10. advice on buying a laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    advice on buying a laptop: Hello looking for a laptop, netbook etc....for my wife, for general browsing and basic office work....needs to be 32bit to run money matters..... only other criteria is it must be light as possible....not a glossy screen.....would like something reliable also not...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Advice About Laptops language:en