Windows 10: laptop battery capacity drain

Discus and support laptop battery capacity drain in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I bought a laptop late august this year and noticed my battery capacity suddenly dropped almost to 50 percent its previous capacity in just a days... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Caleb Samuel, Oct 13, 2022.

1. laptop battery capacity drain

I bought a laptop late august this year and noticed my battery capacity suddenly dropped almost to 50 percent its previous capacity in just a days charge.. Going back i can remember i plugged it on my bed and forgot it charging so it over charged like 2 hours at 100 percent and the chassis was incrdibly hot that day, thinking back..I'm guessing that could be the only cause ..If so, any help?

:)

Caleb Samuel, Oct 13, 2022
  2. Try3 Win User

My laptop battery drains when completely shutdown

Messerschmitt & W10 tweaker,

I have seen in several threads about your unusual battery drain the suggestion of reinstalling the battery driver. I have never had to do this myself.
    - I do urge you first to disconnect the battery from the computer to get a final confirmation that the drain is only whilst connected.
    - Then use the procedure suggested by nopivnick & Razor Support in delete battery drivers - MSAForum [it's the second post in the set and is dated 15th July 2017].You will notice that nopivnick had other problems, such as varying reports of Design capacity, but nothing else posted detracted from that battery driver replacement procedure.
    I think I have seen similar recommendations in TenForums but I didn't keep any links to those threads.

Best of luck,
    Denis

3. baskhara Win User
    Acer battery won't charge

What if the battery unremoveable? Should I disassemble and remove it? also there is a switch underneath the case and around the RAM slot that prevent the laptop to turn on when the case is open and without the charger. Is that the same as removing the battery? although when turned on with charger, the laptop still see the battery. Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

I took the report, the design capacity was 41.440 mWh but full charge capacity is now 25.752 mWh. Is it that bad? Before this happened I believe HWMonitor also show the same number with 38% Wear Level.
    Here's the report file

baskhara, Oct 13, 2022
  4. YoussifC6 Win User

laptop battery capacity drain

C6 battery drain too fast

i already done this steps still my battery drain too fast hope for other suggestions

YoussifC6, Oct 13, 2022
Thema:

laptop battery capacity drain

1. laptop battery capacity drain - Similar Threads - laptop battery capacity

2. battery drain

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    battery drain: I have this lenovo Yoga Pro 14s and I am facing some issues with its power. it drains battery when shut down. if i charge it full and then dont use it for two days, it will show me no power left even though i didnt use it and it wasnt in sleep mode. it has windows 10. i tried...
  3. Why is my battery capacity draining so fast?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my battery capacity draining so fast?: I am using a microsoft surface laptop 5 and I run my laptop mostly on battery in school. I have experienced significant battery shortage since I bought it. 2023-06-03 - 2023-06-1050,337 mWh47,700 mWh2023-06-10 - 2023-06-1746,496 mWh47,700 mWh2023-06-17 - 2023-06-2446,529...
  4. Why is my battery capacity draining so fast?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my battery capacity draining so fast?: I am using a microsoft surface laptop 5 and I run my laptop mostly on battery in school. I have experienced significant battery shortage since I bought it. 2023-06-03 - 2023-06-1050,337 mWh47,700 mWh2023-06-10 - 2023-06-1746,496 mWh47,700 mWh2023-06-17 - 2023-06-2446,529...
  5. Battery is Draining

Battery is Draining: Yesterday, when I opened it up, it seemed to drain all its battery.It would also charge in a matter of minutes.The day before that, the battery was fine.Now, the battery can lose 1% in a few seconds. It also shuts down at 30%.This morning, the battery would jump from 100% to...
  6. laptop battery capacity drain

laptop battery capacity drain: I bought a laptop late august this year and noticed my battery capacity suddenly dropped almost to 50 percent its previous capacity in just a days charge.. Going back i can remember i plugged it on my bed and forgot it charging so it over charged like 2 hours at 100 percent...
  7. laptop battery capacity drain

laptop battery capacity drain: I bought a laptop late august this year and noticed my battery capacity suddenly dropped almost to 50 percent its previous capacity in just a days charge.. Going back i can remember i plugged it on my bed and forgot it charging so it over charged like 2 hours at 100 percent...
  8. Battery Drain

Battery Drain: Yesterday I installed windows 11 but its battery drains too fast than windows 10. On windows 10 battery backup is for 6 to 7 hrs but on window 11 it becomes 50 % within a hour. In battery usage app I found "Windows explore" consumes 64% of battery in 15 min.This is the...
  9. Draining Battery

Draining Battery: My battery drains very fast. The battery can go from 100 to 0 in only a few hours, or probably less. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/draining-battery/3dabdac4-e436-46a9-a824-3dfac9412e9b
  10. Battery drains

Battery drains: My Asus laptop has a problem where randomly the battery will fall from around 20% dramtically leaving me about 15 seconds each time before it reaches 0%, I thought this was a battery issue but upon buying a new battery I realised it must be a software issue as the issue...