Windows 10: Laptop Battery Charge Status

Discus and support Laptop Battery Charge Status in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The battery status on my 3 year old Dell laptop shows Fully Charged 100% when plugged in but then drops to 92% as soon as I unplug the charger. Why... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Steve C, Mar 10, 2017.

1. Steve C Win User

Laptop Battery Charge Status

The battery status on my 3 year old Dell laptop shows Fully Charged 100% when plugged in but then drops to 92% as soon as I unplug the charger. Why does Windows 10 the report battery status like this?

:)

Steve C, Mar 10, 2017

2. Battery Status showing 90% in win 10

Hi,

I installed windows 10 pro 64 bit. My laptop is charging and battery also full. But Battery status showing 90% percentage only.

Why the battery is showing 90% even the battery was charging more than 5 hours?

Help me to get the 100% battery status!!!!

VinOth_VingO, Mar 10, 2017
  3. Battery only showing 90% in Win 10

Hi,

I installed windows 10 pro 64 bit. My laptop is charging and battery also full. But Battery status showing 90% percentage only.

Why the battery is showing 90% even the battery was charging more than 5 hours?

Help me to get the 100% battery status!!!!

VinOth_VingO, Mar 10, 2017
  4. Plankton Win User

It might be your battery and not windows 10. Sometimes a battery will hold a fixed charge point. Have you checked with Dell on how to completely drain your battery?

Plankton, Mar 10, 2017
  5. Bree New Member
  6. Steve C Win User
    That report shows the battery design capacity is 57,720mWh. The full charge capacity was the same figure until Aug 16 when it dropped to 54,834mWh and has been that value since. That's a reduction of 5%. The original battery life estimate is 5:49: 03 and is now 5:31:36. That's a reduction of 5% again. This differs from the reduction of 8% reported by Windows. Does this indicate my battery is starting wear out or is there some way of resetting it?

Steve C, Mar 10, 2017
  7. Bree New Member
    No, that looks good for a Li-ion battery of its age. There's an inevitable small loss of capacity with each recharge cycle. 5% is nothing to be concerned about, plenty of life left in it yet. What this indicates is that Windows is misreporting the battery status.

Try recalibrating the battery so that Windows can estimate its capacity more accurately. There may be specific instructions in the manual for your model. Dell's general guidance is here.
    On-the-Go articles | Dell

If that has no effect, try going to Device Manager and uninstalling the 'Microsoft AC Adapter' and 'Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery'. Then scan for hardware changes (on Device Manager's Action menu) to reinstall them.

Bree, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Laptop Battery Charge Status - Similar Threads - Laptop Battery Charge

2. Device battery status is always charging, even when not actually charging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device battery status is always charging, even when not actually charging: My laptop Razer Blade 13 is currently persistently displaying that the battery is charging, regardless of whether or not it actually is. I've attempted restarting the device, reinstalling the drivers for "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery" and "Microsoft AC...
  3. Device battery status is always charging, even when not actually charging

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Device battery status is always charging, even when not actually charging: My laptop Razer Blade 13 is currently persistently displaying that the battery is charging, regardless of whether or not it actually is. I've attempted restarting the device, reinstalling the drivers for "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery" and "Microsoft AC...
  4. Laptop Battery not Charging?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop Battery not Charging?: Hi! I was wondering why my laptop battery displays 76% available plugged in. But the issue is that I don't think it's charging very well. Once the battery had reached 76%, it began to charge very slow. Sometimes it happens around 70% to 80% and stops charging. The display...
  5. Battery status does not change to not charging when it fully charged

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Battery status does not change to not charging when it fully charged: I have bought a new Asus ux331 laptop. Before, when my battery fully charged also sometimes on 98% In the status bar it says that it is not charging and I was sure that the battery is disconnected and the laptop is using from the ac power directly. But in last two days when...
  6. Laptop battery not charging

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop battery not charging: After the recent update KB4532695 my laptop battery has stopped charging. when I connect the directly to the power supply it briefly shows its charging then a few seconds later it stop. now I have to work with the laptop when its constantly connected to the power supply....
  7. Laptop battery not charging

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop battery not charging: My charging light is flashing. I have cleaned everything and plugged into a different sauce https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-battery-not-charging/07956957-1800-4b6a-ae57-acf27c6b65ba
  8. laptop battery not charging

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    laptop battery not charging: my laptop says the battery is not charging and will not power on just the battery. Im thinking its possibly a driver issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-battery-not-charging/dca14bb2-6164-4a50-a166-96f46d395b24
  9. Laptop battery not charging

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop battery not charging: This is yet another issue I am experiencing after the 1809 fall update, nothing else in my system has been changed other than the installation of the 1809 fall update, so I am confident it's at the root of the problem. Let me first state I never use my battery, ever, and it...
  10. Battery status 100% fully charged

in Windows 10 Support
    Battery status 100% fully charged: Hello, I am using a new lenovo laptop with windows 10 pro on it (not OEM). I have calibrated my battery because it's status was "100% plugged in, charging". Now after calibration, when it reaches 100% the status is "100% Fully charged", but I think the battery is being...