Windows 10: Laptop battery charging issue after WIN10 20H2 update

Discus and support Laptop battery charging issue after WIN10 20H2 update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My laptop would not increase its battery charge level even when plugged in actually that's not 100% true, details below.When the laptop is plugged in,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by B.A.123, Jun 24, 2021.

1. B.A.123 Win User

Laptop battery charging issue after WIN10 20H2 update

My laptop would not increase its battery charge level even when plugged in actually that's not 100% true, details below.When the laptop is plugged in, the battery charging icon in the task bar would show the charging animation for a short while and then the animation stops. The plugged in icon is still there. However, the battery charge level would remain the same even if the laptop is plugged in for hours i.e. if it is at 75%, and I leave it plugged in while working, 1 hour later it would still be 75%. If I unplug the laptop, the battery level would decrease while the laptop is dischargin

:)

B.A.123, Jun 24, 2021

2. Battery Won't Charge Fully

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Laptop battery charging issue after WIN10 20H2 update pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Jun 24, 2021
  3. laptop battery wont charge after latest update

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s okay if you only have 1).

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

FreeBooter, Jun 24, 2021
  4. Laptop battery charging issue after WIN10 20H2 update

Plugged in but battery does not charge

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

4. Power on the laptop

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Laptop battery charging issue after WIN10 20H2 update pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Jun 24, 2021
Thema:

Laptop battery charging issue after WIN10 20H2 update

1. Laptop battery charging issue after WIN10 20H2 update - Similar Threads - Laptop battery charging

2. Battery is not charging after the updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery is not charging after the updates: Battery is not charging after the the security intelligent updates installed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-is-not-charging-after-the-updates/fb3f5114-5722-433a-bae3-5545fba70d06
  3. Battery is not charging after the updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery is not charging after the updates: Battery is not charging after the the security intelligent updates installed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-is-not-charging-after-the-updates/fb3f5114-5722-433a-bae3-5545fba70d06
  4. Battery Charging Issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Battery Charging Issue: Toshiba Satellite L775-S7105 Upgraded to Windows 10 64-bit three years ago: Battery finally needed replacement. Bought new one for specific computer model at Batteries Plus. Inserted the battery. When I plug in the AC Adapter, the amber light for the battery is supposed...
  5. battery charging issue

battery charging issue: my pc battery is not charging above 83% and not charging when pc is on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-charging-issue/e149a7ec-208d-4177-a97e-79c248229f5a
  6. Battery issue, no charging

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Battery issue, no charging: [ATTACH] I have a one year old Xiaomi Mi Gaming Laptop 2nd gen (i7 8750H), which have a battery issue after installing the last Windows update. Basically it looks like Windows can't see a battery installed, I tried different ways to fix this issue like unplug the battery...
  7. laptop battery wont charge after latest update

in Windows 10 Support
    laptop battery wont charge after latest update: there was a mandatory update that came out a few days ago but i only installed it today. everything was fine and i left my laptop. when i came back to it in the evening i noticed that the battery keeps going down even though it's plugged in. it went down from 100% to 50% in...
  8. Battery Charging issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Battery Charging issue: My Dell laptop frequently stops charging "Plugged in, not charging" and doesn't charge fully. Any solutions, would be grateful. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-charging-issue/b5634c0a-aa86-4d4c-9771-888ff4be6593
  9. Laptop battery and charging issues after recent update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop battery and charging issues after recent update: I have a Lenovo T440 laptop and after a recent Windows 10 update it is refusing to charge the batteries (at least as far as I can see). Symptoms are as follows, plugged in to mains, no charging indicated and runs in battery only mode (dimmed screen, etc). If I disable the...
  10. Battery not charging after update.

Battery not charging after update.: After the automatic update identified as Windows 10, version 1803 I can not charge the battery beyond 6%. The battery and charger test as good.Battery...