Windows 10: Laptop battery controller drivers issue

Discus and support Laptop battery controller drivers issue in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Can anyone tell me what is going on with my laptop battery controller? I think problem is in Microsoft AC Adapter or Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Eugene Garin, Mar 5, 2021.

1. Laptop battery controller drivers issue

Can anyone tell me what is going on with my laptop battery controller? I think problem is in Microsoft AC Adapter or Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery drivers because if you will look in to my battery logs and events, you will see impossible numbers there. If I unplug my laptop from AC, I can use it for several hours and when battery level becomes 30-60% laptop is turned off, and after plugging it back to AC it shows 0% of charge. Another problem is when I put laptop into hibernation mode not sleep and unplug it from AC, then after a half of day it is also fully discharged. Maybe later I will install another OS to test if this problem exists only on windows and will provide more details about this

This is a google drive link for all my logs: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1dOZpi8AdJ3FeGEqQYjWJ7XuQwFYqvhOK?usp=sharing

:)

Eugene Garin, Mar 5, 2021

2. Surface Pro 4 Battery issues

If the laptop works without the battery than the charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install the latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Laptop battery controller drivers issue pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions won't resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to the laptop.

4. When you log in to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If the battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Mar 5, 2021
  3. Battery Won't Charge Fully

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Laptop battery controller drivers issue pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Mar 5, 2021
  4. Laptop battery controller drivers issue

laptop battery wont charge after latest update

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

4. Power on the laptop

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s okay if you only have 1).

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

FreeBooter, Mar 5, 2021
Thema:

Laptop battery controller drivers issue

1. Laptop battery controller drivers issue - Similar Threads - Laptop battery controller

2. Battery issue or a Driver Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery issue or a Driver Issue: I have Lenovo IdeaPad S145 - 15API OS Name Microsoft Windows 11 Home Single Language Version 10.0.22621 Build 22621 System Model 81UT I am having issues with the battery and I don't know if is it really battery that is at fault or the driver, as when I disable the " Microsoft...
  3. Battery issue or a Driver Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery issue or a Driver Issue: I have Lenovo IdeaPad S145 - 15API OS Name Microsoft Windows 11 Home Single Language Version 10.0.22621 Build 22621 System Model 81UT I am having issues with the battery and I don't know if is it really battery that is at fault or the driver, as when I disable the " Microsoft...
  4. Laptop Battery Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Battery Issue: The battery of the laptop stops at a certain percentage. When the laptop was new, then the laptop charged 100%. And after a few months, it is decreasing. First, it was stuck on 80% and it does not go above that. Now it's stuck at 23%. It's not charging above that and I've to...
  5. Laptop Battery Issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop Battery Issue: The battery of the laptop stops at a certain percentage. When the laptop was new, then the laptop charged 100%. And after a few months, it is decreasing. First, it was stuck on 80% and it does not go above that. Now it's stuck at 23%. It's not charging above that and I've to...
  6. Controller Driver Issues?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Controller Driver Issues?: I have been experiencing an issue where connecting my xbox controller via the xbox one controller adapter cause programs to not respond for small periods of time before functioning properly. submitted by /u/ao7g [link] [comments]...
  7. Laptop battery issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop battery issue: My laptop battery stopped charging after Windows update. I have 2004 version installed. Now I can charge my PC only using plug-in. When I hover the mouse on the battery icon, it shows 100% charged but in fact it is empty. Asus laptop...
  8. unremovable ACPI control battery driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    unremovable ACPI control battery driver: my battery is not charging I contacted Microsoft advisor and they told me to remove my battery uninstall the ACPI control method battery driver and insert the battery again I did this process couple of times but every time I restart my laptop the battery starts to charge for...
  9. Battery issues in Laptop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Battery issues in Laptop: My battery is well-charged and works fine when power cord is not plugged in. But when I use my laptop with the power cord plugged in, I get a quick message that the battery is low then immediately shuts down my computer. When that happens, I unplug my power cord and reboot...
  10. Laptop battery issue

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop battery issue: I have two identical model Toshiba laptops (L755 Satelite).. One has W7 and was working great with about a 5-6 hour time use on my 12-cell battery. The other has W10 but was only getting 2 1/2 hours on a cheap 6-cell battery. So, I bought a good quality 12-cell battery and...