Windows 10: Laptop Battery dead

Discus and support Laptop Battery dead in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi Windows 10 A 2 fold question. I have an HP Omen Laptop and for some time now that battery refuses to charge. For long time though the computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Dave1776, Mar 8, 2021.

1. Dave1776 Win User

Laptop Battery dead

Hi

Windows 10

A 2 fold question. I have an HP Omen Laptop and for some time now that battery refuses to charge. For long time though the computer recognized that there was a battery as it always said it had 92% charge remaining but it would not charge.

So first question is is there some setting I may have accidently bumped that would turn off charging ability?

Second part is unfortunately even though it had 92% charge apparently my power adapter was not fully seated one day and I didn't notice that it was running on battery power until the laptop just shut off one day no warnings or anything about battery power levels.

Then recently I started to get this windows blue screen saying there was some error and needed to restart. I searched the error code and they suggested doing a Windows Memory diagnostic check and it also did indicate that power supplies could be a cause of the issue.

So I went ahead and checked using the WDT and if returned that there was some hardware issues and to contact the manufacturer.

But not going to go that route as would probably just replace the system if I had to.

But my second question is this. If it is the dead battery causing these blue screens like the article mention could be a potential cause is there a way to get windows to ignore the fact that the battery is dead especially since I use a power supply 99.9% of the time.

The battery on this laptop is internal (Didn't realize that when I bought the system) so can't easily change it short of pulling the back off. But is there a way to get windows to ignore the state of the batter?

Thanks
    Dave

:)

Dave1776, Mar 8, 2021

2. laptop battery wont charge after latest update

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s okay if you only have 1).

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

FreeBooter, Mar 8, 2021
  3. Virus-j Win User
    Laptop battery Dead ?

Iv just been using my laptop for the past half an hour On the battery when for Some reason it cut off I knew i diddn't have much battery life left but it just Cut out instantly no warning message battery Low Etc...

Anyway i still needed to use the laptop so i went and plugged it in, laptop Said it was charging was on the computer about another half an hour after that then my dad walked in so i went to unplug the laptop to show him something on the net and as soon as i unplugged it the laptop cut out.

So i plugged it back in and noticed there was no amber charging light on the laptop so i started up the laptop and it displays on the battery icon "33% plugged in but not charging" and everytime i take it out the mains the laptop cuts out.

Is my battery dead or could it be just a fault with windows do you think ?

Virus-j, Mar 8, 2021
  4. Laptop Battery dead

Battery Won't Charge Fully

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Laptop Battery dead pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Mar 8, 2021
Thema:

Laptop Battery dead

1. Laptop Battery dead - Similar Threads - Laptop Battery dead

2. Dead Battery and Troubleshooter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dead Battery and Troubleshooter: Apparently, my laptop has a dead battery. What I mean by that is that it'd shut down if I stopped charging it even for just a second. That's terrible I know. Any ideas?What is even more disgusting is the fact that the troubleshooter shows:...
  3. Dead Battery and Troubleshooter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dead Battery and Troubleshooter: Apparently, my laptop has a dead battery. What I mean by that is that it'd shut down if I stopped charging it even for just a second. That's terrible I know. Any ideas?What is even more disgusting is the fact that the troubleshooter shows:...
  4. Dead Battery and Troubleshooter

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Laptop battery 'pretends' to be dead - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop battery 'pretends' to be dead - Windows 11: Hi, after upgrading to windows 11 my laptop was fine for maybe a week. Then one day I turned it on and within about 15 seconds my battery went from 70 something% to 0% and my laptop would not run unless plugged in. If i unplugged it and tried to turn it on it would turn on...
  6. Laptop battery 'pretends' to be dead - Windows 11

Laptop battery 'pretends' to be dead - Windows 11: Hi, after upgrading to windows 11 my laptop was fine for maybe a week. Then one day I turned it on and within about 15 seconds my battery went from 70 something% to 0% and my laptop would not run unless plugged in. If i unplugged it and tried to turn it on it would turn on...
  7. hp battery is dead

hp battery is dead: CAN I PURCHASE A NEW BATTERY FOR MY HP desktop 9USU43L https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-battery-is-dead/5c45c76d-4d94-4b27-982e-d1bdb171f2a0
  8. hp battery is dead

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    hp battery is dead: CAN I PURCHASE A NEW BATTERY FOR MY HP desktop 9USU43L https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-battery-is-dead/5c45c76d-4d94-4b27-982e-d1bdb171f2a0
  9. hp battery is dead

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. Update error: minimum battery on a laptop with dead battery

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update error: minimum battery on a laptop with dead battery: Recently, onde of the updates failed error 0x8024004c, and the messege says that I need to have my battery charged at least 40%. Unfortunately, my PC's battery is dead, it doesn't charge anymore, and it only works while pluged. Is there any solution to make it update even...