Windows 10: Laptop Battery, Does It Hurt the Battery to Use External AC Power?

Discus and support Laptop Battery, Does It Hurt the Battery to Use External AC Power? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I haven't used my laptop much yet, only a little bit to set up some bookmarks, wallpaper, etc. Every time I use it, I plug it into the wall. I'm at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Bigfoot, Oct 31, 2019.

1. Bigfoot Win User

Laptop Battery, Does It Hurt the Battery to Use External AC Power?

I haven't used my laptop much yet, only a little bit to set up some bookmarks, wallpaper, etc. Every time I use it, I plug it into the wall. I'm at home so it's not inconvenient, and I figured it would save on the battery life.

Is it harmful to the battery to keep plugging in the laptop, instead of letting it run off the battery? It's a Lithium-ion battery and HP laptop. Thanks for any advice.

:)

Bigfoot, Oct 31, 2019

2. laptop battery wont charge after latest update

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s okay if you only have 1).

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

FreeBooter, Oct 31, 2019
  3. Megahertz Win User
    Battery Backup For Laptop When Power Outage?

A UPS has three main parts :
    - A rectifier to convert the AC into DC
    - A battery to store energy
    - A Inverter to convert the DC into AC

Fist step: You need to find out what you want to power with the UPS.
    For example, you want to power a Laptop (50W) and a monitor (80W) so your UPS should be at least around 250W, that is a small UPS.

Second step: For how long you need the UPS. For example, if you want it to last 8 hours, you will need at least 250W x 8h = 2000Wh.
    If the battery on the UPS is 12V, you need to attach a 2000/12 = 160Ah (two large car batteries).
    Once discharged it can take days to recharge as the built in rectifier is designed for a low capacity battery.

Megahertz, Oct 31, 2019
  4. Laptop Battery, Does It Hurt the Battery to Use External AC Power?

New battery not charging

I suggested uninstall, not re-install.

There's an extended version of those instructions - the same idea, but some additional steps.
    Shut down hte machine
    Remove the battery - run on AC power only
    Device Manager > Batteries
    Uninstall Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery
    Shut down the machine

Remove AC power
    Wait 1 minte
    Insert Battery
    Connect AC power
    Start the machine

Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery should be reinstalled when the machine is booting

But, the .3 volts might be significant - I agree with Kbird

Slartybart, Oct 31, 2019
Thema:

Laptop Battery, Does It Hurt the Battery to Use External AC Power?

1. Laptop Battery, Does It Hurt the Battery to Use External AC Power? - Similar Threads - Laptop Battery Does

2. How to use AC Power Adapter instead of battery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to use AC Power Adapter instead of battery: Hi,I have the *ASUS TUF F15 2021* I want to use this laptop while using the AC Power Adapter because it performs better than Battery mode while using the battery*So, is there a way to do that without decreasing the battery's lifespan?*...
  3. How to use AC Power Adapter instead of battery

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to use AC Power Adapter instead of battery: Hi,I have the *ASUS TUF F15 2021* I want to use this laptop while using the AC Power Adapter because it performs better than Battery mode while using the battery*So, is there a way to do that without decreasing the battery's lifespan?*...
  4. my battery is dead and i use my laptop on ac power battery % is 0 and it never fills up and...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my battery is dead and i use my laptop on ac power battery % is 0 and it never fills up and...: I have a hp notebook da 1058tu laptop its battery is dead it never charges up the windows update asks for 40% battery. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-battery-is-dead-and-i-use-my-laptop-on-ac-power/cb183f9e-38c0-43af-a19e-b3c87270ee82
  5. my battery is dead and i use my laptop on ac power battery % is 0 and it never fills up and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my battery is dead and i use my laptop on ac power battery % is 0 and it never fills up and...: I have a hp notebook da 1058tu laptop its battery is dead it never charges up the windows update asks for 40% battery. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-battery-is-dead-and-i-use-my-laptop-on-ac-power/cb183f9e-38c0-43af-a19e-b3c87270ee82
  6. my battery is dead and i use my laptop on ac power battery % is 0 and it never fills up and...

7. Battery not charging only works in AC power even battery is zero

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery not charging only works in AC power even battery is zero: My laptop is msi Bravo 15. I know about the msi dragon center's charging modes this is not about that. My laptops battery is not charging . It is initially at 44% when I know about this issue. When I connect the adaptor the laptop doesn't use the battery it automatically use...
  8. Battery not charging only works in AC power even battery is zero

Battery not charging only works in AC power even battery is zero: My laptop is msi Bravo 15. I know about the msi dragon center's charging modes this is not about that. My laptops battery is not charging . It is initially at 44% when I know about this issue. When I connect the adaptor the laptop doesn't use the battery it automatically use...
  9. Never using battery power in a laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Never using battery power in a laptop: I have a brand new laptop and I run it on mains power all the time (constantly plugged in) does this degrade the battery in any way as I have no way of taking the battery out because it is housed inside the machine. I have Googled this and have a number of different thoughts...
  10. Windows Laptop - Bypass battery on AC?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Laptop - Bypass battery on AC?: Hi all, I have been wanting to ditch my high end desktop / low end laptop combo and replace it with a single high end laptop. I use it for business and occasional gaming, so when I travel it's very convenient to have all of my data with me without having to sync it manually...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. does it hurt a laptops battery life if you dont charge the battery to 100% each time you recharge

2. does using external power affect a laptop battery