Windows 10: Laptop Battery, Does It Hurt the Battery to Use External AC Power?

Discus and support Laptop Battery, Does It Hurt the Battery to Use External AC Power? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I haven't used my laptop much yet, only a little bit to set up some bookmarks, wallpaper, etc. Every time I use it, I plug it into the wall. I'm at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Bigfoot, Oct 31, 2019.

1. Bigfoot Win User

Laptop Battery, Does It Hurt the Battery to Use External AC Power?

I haven't used my laptop much yet, only a little bit to set up some bookmarks, wallpaper, etc. Every time I use it, I plug it into the wall. I'm at home so it's not inconvenient, and I figured it would save on the battery life.

Is it harmful to the battery to keep plugging in the laptop, instead of letting it run off the battery? It's a Lithium-ion battery and HP laptop. Thanks for any advice.

:)

Bigfoot, Oct 31, 2019

2. laptop battery wont charge after latest update

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s okay if you only have 1).

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

FreeBooter, Oct 31, 2019
  3. Megahertz Win User
    Battery Backup For Laptop When Power Outage?

A UPS has three main parts :
    - A rectifier to convert the AC into DC
    - A battery to store energy
    - A Inverter to convert the DC into AC

Fist step: You need to find out what you want to power with the UPS.
    For example, you want to power a Laptop (50W) and a monitor (80W) so your UPS should be at least around 250W, that is a small UPS.

Second step: For how long you need the UPS. For example, if you want it to last 8 hours, you will need at least 250W x 8h = 2000Wh.
    If the battery on the UPS is 12V, you need to attach a 2000/12 = 160Ah (two large car batteries).
    Once discharged it can take days to recharge as the built in rectifier is designed for a low capacity battery.

Megahertz, Oct 31, 2019
  4. Laptop Battery, Does It Hurt the Battery to Use External AC Power?

New battery not charging

I suggested uninstall, not re-install.

There's an extended version of those instructions - the same idea, but some additional steps.
    Shut down hte machine
    Remove the battery - run on AC power only
    Device Manager > Batteries
    Uninstall Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery
    Shut down the machine

Remove AC power
    Wait 1 minte
    Insert Battery
    Connect AC power
    Start the machine

Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery should be reinstalled when the machine is booting

But, the .3 volts might be significant - I agree with Kbird

Slartybart, Oct 31, 2019
Thema:

Laptop Battery, Does It Hurt the Battery to Use External AC Power?

1. Laptop Battery, Does It Hurt the Battery to Use External AC Power? - Similar Threads - Laptop Battery Does

2. Battery and Power Icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    Battery and Power Icon: Why is the power icon disabled though I am using windows on a laptop? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-and-power-icon/4d05a6fc-6511-45d5-a0dd-60cb87c7b740
  3. Battery power

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Battery power: I have a Medion Akoya notebook, recently the battery is showing 92% and not charging, and i cant get the notebook to run off battery power it will only run of the mains. it was fine until just recently i have removed battery drivers and reinstalled off reboot, could this be a...
  4. battery power icon suddenly does not appear

in Windows 10 Support
    battery power icon suddenly does not appear: I have a Lenovo T560 laptop, which has a built-in battery and a removable battery. Yesterday the battery icon displayed normally. Today it is gone. I did the normal searching and followed the instructions for displaying icons in the Notification Area of the Taskbar. Notice...
  5. power toggles between battery and AC when plugged in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    power toggles between battery and AC when plugged in: how can I fix issue with power constantly toggling from battery to AC when plugged in. I have rebooted and run all windows 10 updates. I also tried the power cycling my laptop as well as power troubleshooting....
  6. Can I use Laptop in AC mode without actually removing the battery?

Can I use Laptop in AC mode without actually removing the battery?: Hello! I have a question regarding use of battery vs use of the power cord. I have an ASUS X556U running on windows 10. I have noticed a strange bulge on the left palm-rest, extending to the keyboard and touchpad. I looked it up and I think it may be the battery swelling...
  7. Battery Power

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Battery Power: Battery power shows 100% but when I unplug, laptop turns off. Replaced battery twice, power cord still does it. Is there a charging malfuntion problem or is there a fixit available?...
  8. battery power icon

battery power icon: battery power icon is gone how do i get it back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_taskbar/battery-power-icon/4bd8d7a9-4e8f-4d05-9c41-3c301d8813a3
  9. Power and battery

in Windows 10 Support
    Power and battery: I just had a black screen; all I could see was the mouse arrow. I researched on my other laptop and discovered it's a common problem with Win10. I tried a few recommended things but nothing happened: black screen and mouse. For some reason I got it into my head to remove the...
  10. AC Adapter or Faulty Battery?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AC Adapter or Faulty Battery?: Hi there! Well, after what it seem to be like my triumph against sudden reboots (probably I just needed to fasten some screws to get all in order) I have a little doubt, since always, I noticed that my laptop battery tends to "discharge" when I do extensive tasks, name it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. does using external power affect a laptop battery