Windows 10: Laptop Battery drains to 0 after booting into windows

Discus and support Laptop Battery drains to 0 after booting into windows in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am facing this issue on my Asus GL504GV. I charge my battery to 100 % and turn off my laptop at night. When i boot it back in the morning, when it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Garvit Chaturvedi, Jan 1, 2021.

1. Laptop Battery drains to 0 after booting into windows

I am facing this issue on my Asus GL504GV.

I charge my battery to 100 % and turn off my laptop at night. When i boot it back in the morning, when it reaches windows sign in screen i see orange battery indicator and laptop just turns off. I then plug in my charger and it boots into windows showing 0 percent charge which gets charged to 100 in 20 minutes.

I tried the next day to boot into bios before going into windows and bios was giving correct readings with no turn offs. So this is not the battery at fault.

Tried everything on all of the related threads. Did 3 clean installs and no luck.

finally i removed windows and installed Linux and problem wassolved.

This problem appeared on Windows 10 Home version 20H2 1904.685 - i don't remember this exactly

Are the Asus drivers i downloaded from their website causing this issue?

please let me know i need windows for my work. Also i will be doing another clean windows install this time i won't be installing any of those drivers.

:)

Garvit Chaturvedi, Jan 1, 2021

2. battery is drained to 0% after i specificly shutdown my laptop

why my battery is drained to 0% after I shut down my laptop? I checked my battery by removing it out than its power remain same but when I shut down laptop after 5 to 6 hour my is drained to 0%. I have to charge first... on the other hand when my laptop
    on hibernate then it use normal amount of power(battery is not drained). why is that? why my laptop use battery power even after shut down????

bilalshabbir7799, Jan 1, 2021
  3. Laptop not booting to Windows 10 after new battery installed.

Hi Mr Bill,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to contact your manufacturer regarding the battery issue. As of now you can power drain your laptop and check if it helps.

Follow the steps below:

• Disconnect the AC Adapter.

• Remove the Battery.

• Hold the Power button down for 30 seconds to 1 minute.

• Reconnect the AC adapter.

• Turn on the laptop power.

Hope it helps.

SujataMoktan, Jan 1, 2021
  4. v4ibh4v Win User

Laptop Battery drains to 0 after booting into windows

Battery drains while on sleep mode.

the battery drains to 0 in few hours in my laptop

v4ibh4v, Jan 1, 2021
Thema:

Laptop Battery drains to 0 after booting into windows

1. Laptop Battery drains to 0 after booting into windows - Similar Threads - Laptop Battery drains

2. Laptop Battery drains to 0 after booting into Windows 11 with ASUS FA506IC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop Battery drains to 0 after booting into Windows 11 with ASUS FA506IC: hey I have ASUS FA506Ic with this config:ryzen 5 4600Hrtx 3050windows 11 last build issue : when i boot into windows battery drains to 0 . tested battery and working fine when i using laptop but When I leave the laptop for a day and turn it on, Windows gives a battery error...
  3. Laptop Battery drains to 0 after booting into Windows 11 with ASUS FA506IC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Battery drains to 0 after booting into Windows 11 with ASUS FA506IC: hey I have ASUS FA506Ic with this config:ryzen 5 4600Hrtx 3050windows 11 last build issue : when i boot into windows battery drains to 0 . tested battery and working fine when i using laptop but When I leave the laptop for a day and turn it on, Windows gives a battery error...
  4. Laptop Battery drains to 0 after booting into Windows 11 with ASUS X571GD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Battery drains to 0 after booting into Windows 11 with ASUS X571GD: My laptop battery drains to 0 after booting into Windows 11 in the first booting of the day. This issue is similar to this other question, but the ASUS laptop and Windows OS is different. My laptop is ASUS X571GD with Windows 11 22H2.If I boot into the BIOS there is no...
  5. Laptop Battery drains to 0 after booting into Windows 11 with ASUS X571GD

Laptop Battery drains to 0 after booting into Windows 11 with ASUS X571GD: My laptop battery drains to 0 after booting into Windows 11 in the first booting of the day. This issue is similar to this other question, but the ASUS laptop and Windows OS is different. My laptop is ASUS X571GD with Windows 11 22H2.If I boot into the BIOS there is no...
  6. Laptop only says "plugged in" and battery drained to 0%

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop only says "plugged in" and battery drained to 0%: So, today I attempted to power on a Dell laptop I have. I clicked the power switch, and it tried to turn on with a blue light not a BSOD for a while, before force powering off. After doing some stuff with the cable, I managed to get it to turn on....
  7. Laptop only says "plugged in" and battery drained to 0%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop only says "plugged in" and battery drained to 0%: So, today I attempted to power on a Dell laptop I have. I clicked the power switch, and it tried to turn on with a blue light not a BSOD for a while, before force powering off. After doing some stuff with the cable, I managed to get it to turn on....
  8. Laptop only says "plugged in" and battery drained to 0%

9. Laptop Battery Drains To 0% After Booting Into Windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop Battery Drains To 0% After Booting Into Windows: I have an ASUS Zephyrus M laptop.I am unable to boot into Windows 10 on battery.Immediately upon getting into Windows, the battery drains to 0% and Windows shuts down.The thing about it is, if I boot up the laptop plugged into the power, then disconnect the power lead, the...
  10. Battery draining abruptly at 40% to 0%

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Battery draining abruptly at 40% to 0%: I have an HP x-360 Pavilion laptop. I updated to the latest Windows 10 2004 version about a month ago. It was working fine. However, since the last week or so, the battery abruptly drains from around 40-50% straight to 0% when working without the AC power connected. I'm not...