Windows 10: Laptop battery issue

Discus and support Laptop battery issue in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have two identical model Toshiba laptops (L755 Satelite).. One has W7 and was working great with about a 5-6 hour time use on my 12-cell battery. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by compiler7, Mar 20, 2019.

1. compiler7 Win User

Laptop battery issue

I have two identical model Toshiba laptops (L755 Satelite).. One has W7 and was working great with about a 5-6 hour time use on my 12-cell battery. The other has W10 but was only getting 2 1/2 hours on a cheap 6-cell battery.
    So, I bought a good quality 12-cell battery and put it in my W7 laptop. I took the 12-cell battery that was on the W7 machine and moved it to the W10 machine. To my surprise, there is no improvement on the W10 machine. The battery still lasts 2-2 1/2 hours.

Any suggestions on what I should try next? I did check task manager and did not see any CPU hogs. I did check battery apps and I did not see anything glaring.

Does something have to be recalibrated. If so, how?

Mel

:)

compiler7, Mar 20, 2019

2. Laptop battery issue

I'm pretty sure the E1505 has "speed step" on it. Double checkthe speed step settings to make sure they are set for long battery life, maybe it's somehow reset itself?

thoughtdisorder, Mar 20, 2019
  3. Juntao Win User
    Laptop battery issue

Hey everyone! I have an old dell laptop with a pentium 2 and 64MB of ram. Real powerful(lol). It is running 98. The old battery had died and purchased a generic replacement supposedly for that model. The numbers match and all. The problem is the notebook will not recognize the battery. Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks. It is just for notes and stuff.

Juntao, Mar 20, 2019
  4. kenkickr Win User

Laptop battery issue

Laptop battery issue

I did check it out and already had it disabled so enabled and still no battery showing up in the bios. I guess I'll be taking it apart

kenkickr, Mar 20, 2019
Thema:

Laptop battery issue

1. Laptop battery issue - Similar Threads - Laptop battery issue

2. Battery issue in Lenovo Laptop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Battery issue in Lenovo Laptop: Hello! I have a Lenovo laptop and for a week now it doesn't turn on if it's not plugged in. So for more information when i have it plugged in the battery light not the power one keeps blinking, and the color is orange. Can I do something to fix it or is it a permanent...
  3. Battery issue in Lenovo Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery issue in Lenovo Laptop: Hello! I have a Lenovo laptop and for a week now it doesn't turn on if it's not plugged in. So for more information when i have it plugged in the battery light not the power one keeps blinking, and the color is orange. Can I do something to fix it or is it a permanent...
  4. Battery issue in Lenovo Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Laptop Battery Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Battery Issue: The battery of the laptop stops at a certain percentage. When the laptop was new, then the laptop charged 100%. And after a few months, it is decreasing. First, it was stuck on 80% and it does not go above that. Now it's stuck at 23%. It's not charging above that and I've to...
  6. Laptop Battery Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop Battery Issue: The battery of the laptop stops at a certain percentage. When the laptop was new, then the laptop charged 100%. And after a few months, it is decreasing. First, it was stuck on 80% and it does not go above that. Now it's stuck at 23%. It's not charging above that and I've to...
  7. Laptop Battery Issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Laptop battery issues

Laptop battery issues: hello, I was given an Asus sonic master X550CA laptop on windows 10 for christmas second hand not brand new and it works fine apart from the battery. While in use and plugged in it will every so often come up with a warning "battery low, plug in" or something similar and...
  9. Laptop battery issue

Laptop battery issue: My laptop battery stopped charging after Windows update. I have 2004 version installed. Now I can charge my PC only using plug-in. When I hover the mouse on the battery icon, it shows 100% charged but in fact it is empty. Asus laptop...
  10. Battery issues in Laptop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Battery issues in Laptop: My battery is well-charged and works fine when power cord is not plugged in. But when I use my laptop with the power cord plugged in, I get a quick message that the battery is low then immediately shuts down my computer. When that happens, I unplug my power cord and reboot...