Windows 10: Laptop battery issue

Discus and support Laptop battery issue in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My laptop battery stopped charging after Windows update. I have 2004 version installed. Now I can charge my PC only using plug-in. When I hover the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Hyon_10, Jul 31, 2020.

1. Hyon_10 Win User

Laptop battery issue

My laptop battery stopped charging after Windows update. I have 2004 version installed. Now I can charge my PC only using plug-in. When I hover the mouse on the battery icon, it shows 100% charged but in fact it is empty. Asus laptop

:)

Hyon_10, Jul 31, 2020

2. laptop battery wont charge after latest update

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s okay if you only have 1).

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

FreeBooter, Jul 31, 2020
  3. Laptop battery issue

I'm pretty sure the E1505 has "speed step" on it. Double checkthe speed step settings to make sure they are set for long battery life, maybe it's somehow reset itself?

thoughtdisorder, Jul 31, 2020
  4. Juntao Win User

Laptop battery issue

Laptop battery issue

Hey everyone! I have an old dell laptop with a pentium 2 and 64MB of ram. Real powerful(lol). It is running 98. The old battery had died and purchased a generic replacement supposedly for that model. The numbers match and all. The problem is the notebook will not recognize the battery. Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks. It is just for notes and stuff.

Juntao, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

Laptop battery issue

1. Laptop battery issue - Similar Threads - Laptop battery issue

2. Battery issue in Lenovo Laptop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Battery issue in Lenovo Laptop: Hello! I have a Lenovo laptop and for a week now it doesn't turn on if it's not plugged in. So for more information when i have it plugged in the battery light not the power one keeps blinking, and the color is orange. Can I do something to fix it or is it a permanent...
  3. Battery issue in Lenovo Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery issue in Lenovo Laptop: Hello! I have a Lenovo laptop and for a week now it doesn't turn on if it's not plugged in. So for more information when i have it plugged in the battery light not the power one keeps blinking, and the color is orange. Can I do something to fix it or is it a permanent...
  4. Battery issue in Lenovo Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Laptop Battery Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Battery Issue: The battery of the laptop stops at a certain percentage. When the laptop was new, then the laptop charged 100%. And after a few months, it is decreasing. First, it was stuck on 80% and it does not go above that. Now it's stuck at 23%. It's not charging above that and I've to...
  6. Laptop Battery Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop Battery Issue: The battery of the laptop stops at a certain percentage. When the laptop was new, then the laptop charged 100%. And after a few months, it is decreasing. First, it was stuck on 80% and it does not go above that. Now it's stuck at 23%. It's not charging above that and I've to...
  7. Laptop Battery Issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Laptop battery issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop battery issues: hello, I was given an Asus sonic master X550CA laptop on windows 10 for christmas second hand not brand new and it works fine apart from the battery. While in use and plugged in it will every so often come up with a warning "battery low, plug in" or something similar and...
  9. Battery issues in Laptop

Battery issues in Laptop: My battery is well-charged and works fine when power cord is not plugged in. But when I use my laptop with the power cord plugged in, I get a quick message that the battery is low then immediately shuts down my computer. When that happens, I unplug my power cord and reboot...
  10. Laptop battery issue

Laptop battery issue: I have two identical model Toshiba laptops (L755 Satelite).. One has W7 and was working great with about a 5-6 hour time use on my 12-cell battery. The other has W10 but was only getting 2 1/2 hours on a cheap 6-cell battery. So, I bought a good quality 12-cell battery and...