Windows 10: Laptop battery not detected from overheating

Discus and support Laptop battery not detected from overheating in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, so my laptop tends to heat up pretty badly when playing games, and while playing a game, i noticed that there is a cross on the battery symbol and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KeaneNg1, Nov 26, 2018.

1. KeaneNg1 Win User

Laptop battery not detected from overheating

Hi, so my laptop tends to heat up pretty badly when playing games, and while playing a game, i noticed that there is a cross on the battery symbol and it says that no battery is detected. Is this because of the overheating issue? I've tried restarting, but the problem is still there. Are there any ways to solve this problem or should I send it for repair? Also, will I still be able to use the laptop since no battery is detected? Thank you in advance!

:)

KeaneNg1, Nov 26, 2018
  2. Akoops Win User

No Battery Is Detected error on ASUS Laptop

In fact I just disconnected it now and the battery icon changed to a battery icon, mosueover saying 'Unknown remaining'. If I click the battery icon it says 100% battery but also 'calculating'. So it IS able to run on battery in some respect.

Laptop battery not detected from overheating [​IMG]

Laptop battery not detected from overheating [​IMG]

Akoops, Nov 26, 2018
  3. Jessen P Win User
    Laptop battery not charging

Hi Arvind,

Thank you for being part of Windows 10.

What is the make and model of the laptop?

I suggest you to un-install and re-install battery drivers from Device manager and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Device Manager.
    • Expand Batteries and right click on Batteries ACPI and click on Un-install.
    • Restart the computer and check.

Do get back to us for any issues pertaining in the future. We will be happy to help.

Jessen P, Nov 26, 2018
  4. PeterH12 Win User

No battery detected

My Dell E7440 laptop has suddenly started displaying 'No battery detected' in the task bar. I've tried the commonly suggested fix which is to remove battery and hold down power button for 15 seconds but to no avail, even after trying several times. I've
    borrowed a second battery (known to be good) from someone with identical laptop and still get 'no battery detected'. As the laptop works OK with the charger disconnected (ie off battery alone) then a battery must be detected or the laptop wouldn't boot! Both
    batteries are genuine Dell. I've also tried uninstalling the two entries of 'Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method battery' in Device Manager and no change. I'm currently trying a suggestion on YouTube to remove the battery for 3 days then reinsert it but
    frankly don't have much hope that it will make any difference. I upgraded to Win 10 several months ago and everything has worked OK with this problem appearing out of the blue a couple of days ago.

Please help!

PeterH12, Nov 26, 2018
Thema:

1. Laptop battery not detected from overheating - Similar Threads - Laptop battery detected

2. Overheating and rapid discharge of battery with new laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Overheating and rapid discharge of battery with new laptop: i recently received a brand new laptop LT with win 11 preinstalled. the 1st day i spent updating the machine and then left it plugged in overnight after putting it to sleep by closing lid. This action was already set by default. The following morning after 8 hrs plugged in, i...
  3. Overheating and rapid discharge of battery with new laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Overheating and rapid discharge of battery with new laptop: i recently received a brand new laptop LT with win 11 preinstalled. the 1st day i spent updating the machine and then left it plugged in overnight after putting it to sleep by closing lid. This action was already set by default. The following morning after 8 hrs plugged in, i...
  4. Laptop overheating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop overheating: Hello. Please help me . I have a problem with my laptop. The bottom of the laptop is too hot . When I touch it it is too hot I can almost fry an egg.The laptop gets too hot when I watch videos. Also I play at low graphics when gaming.In the past my laptop would be able to run...
  5. Laptop overheating

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop overheating: Hello. I have some problems regarding my laptop here.While I was playing on my laptop the game was running smoothly but just after a few minutes the laptop overheated and frames dropped and the game lagged . But in a few seconds like maybe 40 seconds the game was smooth...
  6. Overheating of laptop

Overheating of laptop: My laptop get's overheated and slow's down cpu to 0.99 ghz and hence interrupt while running game's like even Asphalt 9.It started since last week. Don't know how is this happening. Any suggestions?...
  7. Laptop overheated

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop overheated: Hello hello peeps So, today my laptop overheated. I wanted to test a game benchmark at max settings, it overheated and turned off. How long should I wait until all the components will be at their lowest possible normal temperatures and the machine will be o-k to use again?...
  8. The battery of my laptop is not detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The battery of my laptop is not detected: The battery of my laptop ACER Aspire E 15 is not getting detected even after I installed a new battery. What could be the possible cause for this problem? Thanks. [ATTACH]...
  9. Overheating Laptop

Overheating Laptop: My laptop cutout due to overheating while my phone was tethered via USB. Could this have caused a power surge and damaged the phone's internals?(phone is working perfectly)...
  10. overheating laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    overheating laptop: OK so windows 10 installed installed its self 4 or 5 months ago , it caused my laptop to over heat so i spoke to tech support and they told me it was my fault as i would have to have my laptop checked out at my own expense which i did but there was nothing wrong with my...